There we go

Cane_The9lives

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: I disagree. That is all.
Can you be more specific? I'm no condemning you for believing this, I just want to understand how you believe it will work, and why you feel it's the only recourse.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:05 pm
Digital Masta wrote: I disagree. That is all.
Can you be more specific? I'm no condemning you for believing this, I just want to understand how you believe it will work, and why you feel it's the only recourse.
I am not under the delusion that would be easy or simple to solve, it would be a mess. HOWEVER, it doesn't have to be violent. Pre-Civil War, the idea of secession was a regularly accepted concept if a state (in particular) felt this shit wasn't working. It's well within the rights of people to do it.

But honestly, there are people out there smarter and better at explaining this than me, and (my boy) Michael Malice is the best at it. This is his wheelhouse and I think you're better off looking at his content about this subject. He isn't some crazy right-winger, he's an anarchist and god-tier level Twitter troll (irrelevant) but a lot of his views on government and this whole idea are very similar to my own.

These aren't just sound bytes, I think listening to the longer form content is beneficial in this case. The goal isn't to convince you because as I've mentioned before, I'm done with that. But if you wish to understand at least where I'm coming from with it, he's the guy to check out. (watch at 2x speed if you want)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSNLF3F7mlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PRGn0G_Nw

https://youtu.be/L9HqHzA3atQ?t=3134

He also just recently released The Anarchist Handbook which is a collection of essays historical anarchist thinkers (both left and right)

But honestly, personally, my goal right now is to work on making my income mobile and to build wealth so that I have the freedom to do what I want, where I want with whomever I want without thinking much about the cost involved. Killa is in a way at that point but he clearly still seems to like being in a specific location for now. If he could make his incoming 100% mobile then this man and his family could go wherever they wanted.

I think we all need to be doing that because at the end of the day, if I can say "Nah, fuck this I'm out. I'm going somewhere else." then I don't have to care about what this place or that place is doing because I'll just leave.

I've been watching way too much Nomad Capitalist. If I don't get permanent residency before it happens, I'll eventually marry my gf and have access to Japan through a spouse visa. My younger brother is looking into getting Antiguan citizenship through descent (my dad) because he and I are both about options.

So I'm not interested in shouting about anarchy and secession from the rooftops because my goal is to build it within my own life but if someone asks me, I'll say yes, break it up.

We're hundreds of years before this would even be possible anyway because as long as we fuck up kids, (who then grow up into fucked up adults) wthis stuff won't work.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Y The Last Man already canceled 7 episodes into its 10.

And here is what the creator of the series said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVI9xVoP2z5 ... _copy_link

Bruh, you praise the show for having a gender-diverse crew but then say the crew is headed by majority women. That's the opposite of diversity. But we all know that diversity in terms of gender means no men (particularly straight men) just like racial diversity just means no white people.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:47 am what is the new site to get anime torrents? i used horriblesubs until they were gone....went to erai-raws...but they don't update [apparently]
I use subsplease. It's basically the new horriblesubs
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:50 pm
killacross wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:47 am what is the new site to get anime torrents? i used horriblesubs until they were gone....went to erai-raws...but they don't update [apparently]
I use subsplease. It's basically the new horriblesubs
Good to know! I didnt know about that one.

Mob Psycho 100 s3 trailer is out, looks dope.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:16 pm But honestly, personally, my goal right now is to work on making my income mobile and to build wealth so that I have the freedom to do what I want, where I want with whomever I want without thinking much about the cost involved. Killa is in a way at that point but he clearly still seems to like being in a specific location for now. If he could make his incoming 100% mobile then this man and his family could go wherever they wanted.
I have enough money where I could siphon off juuuuuust enough to pay my bills per month (easily). I don't have enough to support the lifestyle I want....yet.

My biggest concern is still healthcare. We are both 36. My daughter is 2. That is a lot of life left. I cannot afford to have 0 insurance and have a cancer scare.

Other people/the thought leaders of my "financial community" (I consider myself FIRE now) talk about moving to other countries where they have socialized medicine. Or manipulating your finances so that you qualify for Medicaid. I just think that is morally wrong. I should not be on a welfare program if I have MMs in the bank.

Also, my parents were both military growing up. I traveled and moved and traveled and moved. As an adult...I want the stability of living in an area....though not necessarily putting down roots. I enjoy visiting other countries/places -- but I like the simple boredom of having a dope home with all the things that I like to come back to. But yes, I want income streams from sources that are not directly tied to me either exchanging time, my body /health, or mental labor- for money. Though I would choose mental over physical labor every time. Which is why I want rental properties + a large investment portfolio. Which means I have to earn the money to fund those...which means, I live in the area that pays me a good wage vs cost of living.

The weird thing about me is that I idolize the "Youtube" homesteading lifestyle channels (where they buy acres in the mountains of _____, off grid and design/build everything by themselves (small house, large house, container house, solar panel arrays, wells, etc)) - but I could never do to my children because they would grow up to be weirdos. We are at the point financially where it stops making sense (like I pulled $200k in cash out of investments...but somehow our net worth has climbed $20k this past week alone because of the stock market...and a surprise bonus at my wife's work)...but we are very much time poor.

I DO have enough money that I can say "Fuck this, and fuck you, specifically" (known as Fuck You money )...I just haven't had to clinically exercise the option yet [vs emotionally]. And funny enough...every time that I HAVE exercised the option [emotionally] -- I didn't have money -- so it always created a different crisis (vs the last time I left a company...I took a month break between).

...I'm rambling - I just found out that the DCAU Injustice movie was out. Now to find it and watch! Probably one of my favorite comic storylines in a long while...before it became silly in the end. Obviously, it is going to be incredibly whelming...if not underwhelming.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:06 am
Digital Masta wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:16 pm But honestly, personally, my goal right now is to work on making my income mobile and to build wealth so that I have the freedom to do what I want, where I want with whomever I want without thinking much about the cost involved. Killa is in a way at that point but he clearly still seems to like being in a specific location for now. If he could make his incoming 100% mobile then this man and his family could go wherever they wanted.

My biggest concern is still healthcare. We are both 36. My daughter is 2. That is a lot of life left. I cannot afford to have 0 insurance and have a cancer scare.

Other people/the thought leaders of my "financial community" (I consider myself FIRE now) talk about moving to other countries where they have socialized medicine. Or manipulating your finances so that you qualify for Medicaid. I just think that is morally wrong. I should not be on a welfare program if I have MMs in the bank.

Also, my parents were both military growing up. I traveled and moved and traveled and moved. As an adult...I want the stability of living in an area....though not necessarily putting down roots. I enjoy visiting other countries/places -- but I like the simple boredom of having a dope home with all the things that I like to come back to. But yes, I want income streams from sources that are not directly tied to me either exchanging time, my body /health, or mental labor- for money. Though I would choose mental over physical labor every time. Which is why I want rental properties + a large investment portfolio. Which means I have to earn the money to fund those...which means, I live in the area that pays me a good wage vs cost of living.
Makes sense. I posted about this earlier but the CEO popped up on another podcast I listen to. It's an interesting business model which seems like a nice alternative. I'm not saying get rid of your insurance and sign up but listen to what the founder has to say. It's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjd5H-xEWM

Because I've spent over a decade living outside of the states already, I'm pretty primed already for hopping around a bit. I'm nowhere near this level yet but ideally I'd like to have several bases that I go to throughout the year. Especially because I want to homeschool my kids and that lifestyle would support that idea.

Killa your kids will only be weird if you raise them to be weird.
killacross

Post by killacross »

WTF trash did I just watch? Movie took the original premise...then just kinda did whatever they wanted to make it wrap up in < 1.5 hrs
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:26 pm WTF trash did I just watch? Movie took the original premise...then just kinda did whatever they wanted to make it wrap up in < 1.5 hrs
Which movie?
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:45 am Which movie?
DCAU's version of the Injustice storyline

Injustice
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:52 pm Makes sense. I posted about this earlier but the CEO popped up on another podcast I listen to. It's an interesting business model which seems like a nice alternative. I'm not saying get rid of your insurance and sign up but listen to what the founder has to say. It's pretty cool.

Because I've spent over a decade living outside of the states already, I'm pretty primed already for hopping around a bit. I'm nowhere near this level yet but ideally I'd like to have several bases that I go to throughout the year. Especially because I want to homeschool my kids and that lifestyle would support that idea.

Finally got around to listening to this.

This shit sounds like a scam. The whole thing of "you can't just bill people whatever you want"... Then he turns around and says if we have a tough month.. We're gonna need more. It's exactly what he said you can't do. And you know that they will make decisions 100% around the finances. Assigning a case worker does not mean you are suddenly friends. And if this provider is 5k and this one is 10k. They will say they are only covering 7k..betting that you don't have an extra 3k lying around and willing to throw away.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:02 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:52 pm Makes sense. I posted about this earlier but the CEO popped up on another podcast I listen to. It's an interesting business model which seems like a nice alternative. I'm not saying get rid of your insurance and sign up but listen to what the founder has to say. It's pretty cool.

Finally got around to listening to this.

This shit sounds like a scam. The whole thing of "you can't just bill people whatever you want"... Then he turns around and says if we have a tough month.. We're gonna need more. It's exactly what he said you can't do. And you know that they will make decisions 100% around the finances. Assigning a case worker does not mean you are suddenly friends. And if this provider is 5k and this one is 10k. They will say they are only covering 7k..betting that you don't have an extra 3k lying around and willing to throw away.
I never know what "sounds like a scam" even means anymore. Do you mean that they will just take your money and not pay the medical bills they said they would? Or that you're skeptical of it. I mean being skeptical is perfectly fine and you should be. Anyone that would do this should do their due diligence, call up the company, speak to the CEO if possible, and research. It's a newer business model so only time will tell if it is successful.

I do know that doctors do in fact hate dealing with all the insurance crap and you can get much better deals when paying cash. There is a growing movement of mainly primary care doctors that are moving to a subscription-based model where you get all the healthcare and access you want for a monthly fee. I believe there is also a famous surgery center in Oklahoma that is known for being cash-based and because of that they can list their prices openly and they are way cheaper because of it.

I believe he does mention that in the monthly fee you are essentially overcharged to specifically cover the majority of situations so that your bill stays stable, and I believe he also mentioned that there are times when it's slow so your bill comes down. But as they grow or if there is a major situation there may be a situation where you are charged more. But if the cost is way less than what you were paying before, you may be fine with that, especially if you are given plenty of notice. But you also know that when you sign up and if you don't want to do it, you'll just cancel your membership.

The caseworker thing isn't about being friends, it's a customer pain point being addressed which they spoke about. Nobody likes being shuffled around , having to say the same shit 800 times to people all over the world. It's just better customer service to have someone specifically assigned to you.

I mean, if you have fantastic insurance then this isn't for you. But it may work for others probably freelancers or solopreneurs/entrepreneurs that hire contractors. That doesn't mean it's a scam. Anything and everything could be a scam in actuality. But it's someone trying to do something different in the the screwed up healthcare system. So I'm not going to completely poo poo them.

I mean a google search would find out if they don't pay out.

Hey guys, America over here supporting national pronoun day and protesting Netflix over Dave Chappelle meanwhile China just tested a low orbit missile capable of avoiding US missile defense system.

Lol, America is so done.

Note: I don't actually think China is interested in fighting the US.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:41 pm Thoughtful comment
I mean sounds like a scam in that it sounds like a ponzi scheme to my ears. Also...he said there is a 20ish% buffer in what they are charging vs what they expect to spend...but also says they don't keep reserves of cash. And the structural flaw is that the business model to their organization only really works in large cities. Do you really think they have a staff that calls hospitals in the middle of nowhere county in the middle of nowhere town in the middle of nowhere state in the middle of nowhere country to threaten them with "Work with us...or face a pending bankruptcy"? Not to mention that most hospitals will actually do this for you anyway after major incidents if you are not adequately insured (if you ask the right people in their admin offices -- and it doesn't cost you an annual membership fee.) It's why most hospitals operate as not for profit orgs. This company is inserting themselves as middle men to a broken process -- for a small subscription fee.

This service only really works with planned procedures/operations. Have an aneurysm in podunk, Wisconsin...or have a child that needs several expensive surgeries in Devil's asshole, New Mexico...or have a heart attack and need follow up procedures in Murica, Alabama...I'm certain they will drop you at some point (ESPECIALLY because they aren't legally tied to you via a contract).
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:23 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:41 pm Thoughtful comment
I mean sounds like a scam in that it sounds like a ponzi scheme to my ears. Also...he said there is a 20ish% buffer in what they are charging vs what they expect to spend...but also says they don't keep reserves of cash. And the structural flaw is that the business model to their organization only really works in large cities. Do you really think they have a staff that calls hospitals in the middle of nowhere county in the middle of nowhere town in the middle of nowhere state in the middle of nowhere country to threaten them with "Work with us...or face a pending bankruptcy"? Not to mention that most hospitals will actually do this for you anyway after major incidents if you are not adequately insured (if you ask the right people in their admin offices -- and it doesn't cost you an annual membership fee.) It's why most hospitals operate as not for profit orgs. This company is inserting themselves as middle men to a broken process -- for a small subscription fee.

This service only really works with planned procedures/operations. Have an aneurysm in podunk, Wisconsin...or have a child that needs several expensive surgeries in Devil's asshole, New Mexico...or have a heart attack and need follow up procedures in Murica, Alabama...I'm certain they will drop you at some point (ESPECIALLY because they aren't legally tied to you via a contract).
The premise is also unfortunately invalid - from their website:
Health Insurance has very little power to negotiate with big hospital systems, so their network contracts are very expensive.
That is the exact opposite of true, health care costs are so high in part because it's expected that insurance companies will negotiate it down. CrowdHealth sounds really similar to a Christian Health Sharing Ministry, except far less funded, and CHSMs are already known for not doing what they promise. Even for the doctor demographic that this would actually apply to - doctors that can set their own rates (i.e. small, independent practitioners and not hospital-affiliated ones) - the doctors still have to deal with insurance because of potential lawsuits. Those small doctors are also the ones that will immediately refer you to a major hospital for any significant issue or procedure you need done, which this wouldn't cover you for, and those types of doctors are rapidly becoming fewer and farther between (I can't remember why off the top of my head).
if you ask the right people in their admin offices
You actually don't even have to do that! Just tell your doctor your situation, they have contacts they can refer you to that can help navigate the process with/for you. It's not a panacea for any hospital bill ever, but it can make your life less miserable.

Also, general life rule to follow-up on what Killa said - if there's ANY monetary transaction, have a contract in writing for it unless you're OK with the possible/probable consequence of getting stuck with all of the bills/responsibility and none of the money.
Digital Masta wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:16 am I disagree. That is all.
superbob wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:48 am Fully vaccinated but also had multiple myeloma, which would have made fighting any infection very difficult.
So is this a situation where it wasn't really the COVID but more like his underlying condition that got him?

Kinda like how you don't actually die from HIV/AIDS but from the illness you get because of having it?

I haven't checked but I am gonna guess that the vaccine loving media will push his underlying condition as the main cause while the vaccine hesitant media will push that he was fully vaccinated and it did squat.
COVID killed him. Vaccines aren't guaranteed "you live free of disease" cards. His underlying conditions made it much more likely that COVID would kill him, just like COVID killed all of those people who had underlying conditions before the vaccine too. The reason people have to bend over backwards to point out all of the other issues he had is because everyone is tired of people saying "SEE THE VACCINE DIDN'T WORK" when the far-less-likely event of a vaccinated person dies. Of course if everyone had gotten their vaccines and created herd immunity half a year ago he'd probably still be alive, or at least dying of different circumstances. So many other vaccines are mandatory for everything else in life, but apparently THIS one is the one that crosses the line? Our COVID lockdown was effective in that we essentially negated the flu last year, and COVID still killed hundreds of thousands of people. If someone has questions or doubts about the vaccine just send me a message, I'll gladly look data up for you (though obviously ask your doctor anything medically related and not me).

Life's crazy, hope everyone is well and if I missed something important to anyone in however many pages I skipped since I last posted shoot me a message so that I keep up. Hopefully I won't be gone as long next time, but I'm not holding my breath.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Alec Baldwin adding to his "shitty human being" record. Now you DO know what it's like to wrongfully kill someone, you asshole. (This is back when he jumped the gun (pun intended) on condemning a cop for a wrongful death that was deemed a lawful shoot). Also, I also suspect that him replacing a big portion of the crew because they refused to work under such crap conditions (to the point where they wanted to be housed closer to the set and this guy had them driving an hour away every damn day after working crazy film set hours) and hiring unknown locals contributed to this whole mess happening.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

You should change it to the land of the rich instead of land of the free.
So basically if anything serious happens to you and you end up in the hospital. You're not only fucked because of whatever happened to you, but you're also down bad when it comes to bills.
Great health system you have there. I don't even know why doctors actually have to do that oath. I'm not saying you should work for free but God damn if the injury won't kill you the added stress from those bills will.

That Baldwin disaster is so fucking retarded. Who doesn't test a gun before firing?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

That Baldwin situation is a mess. All I know is that family of the victim will get some sweet coin $$$ in the Civil courts from Baldwin, and the company behind everything.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Haohmaru wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:56 pm You should change it to the land of the rich instead of land of the free.
So basically if anything serious happens to you and you end up in the hospital. You're not only fucked because of whatever happened to you, but you're also down bad when it comes to bills.
Great health system you have there. I don't even know why doctors actually have to do that oath. I'm not saying you should work for free but God damn if the injury won't kill you the added stress from those bills will.

That Baldwin disaster is so fucking retarded. Who doesn't test a gun before firing?
They don't, at least not anymore.

The Hippocratic oath is rarely compulsory and has been supplanted by modern agreements of conduct and ethics. In most countries it was never legally binding to begin with, and was entirely optional.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:06 pmThey don't, at least not anymore.

The Hippocratic oath is rarely compulsory and has been supplanted by modern agreements of conduct and ethics. In most countries it was never legally binding to begin with, and was entirely optional.
So they're officially money hungry whores like lawyers pretending to care for people.

Cowboy Bebop trailer
https://youtu.be/ULCIHP5dc44

I don't care what anybody says I'm still watching it.

I don't want to be that guy, but the black dude can't act for shit.b
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Finally got to go to the theaters and see Dune. visually stunning movie