There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

He's getting material for new chapters of Trapped in the closet
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

R. Kelly is done, been done for a long time smh...

So I watched Black Widow over the weekend it was oookaayy 6/10 but it could be 5/10. Might be too long for some people but the fight scenes were great. Scarlett ain't going to do Shang-Chi numbers but I would say it's worth watching.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Looking at a duplex unit

... 2200 Sq ft total.... 0.7 acres
$210k asking price... Again, about right

.. Then the weirdness comes

They refuse to turn over the oil and mineral rights
They refuse to fill out any of the disclosure forms
... They won't say how old the roof or HVAC is
They say it had a strong rental history... But won't tell us how much the rent is, how long tenant's have been there, or how many months in past 5 years it's been vacant... Just that the units are occupied right now and month to month lease

... Also, they said they will "entertain" offers, sight unseen

Thinking of making a cut throat offer just to waste their time

Essentially, estimate what I think the rent should be.. Take off another 10%...then multiply by 100

Having money means I could bulldoze the building, rebuild, and update it. The problem is that I don't want to wait 20 years to turn a profit
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:35 am Looking at a duplex unit

They say it had a strong rental history... But won't tell us how much the rent is, how long tenant's have been there, or how many months in past 5 years it's been vacant... Just that the units are occupied right now and month to month lease

Essentially, estimate what I think the rent should be.. Take off another 10%...then multiply by 100

Having money means I could bulldoze the building, rebuild, and update it. The problem is that I don't want to wait 20 years to turn a profit
This a good investment if you renovate imo. If the area is up and coming your place could double quickly.
killacross

Post by killacross »

....Not sure if you are just that optimistic, just that naive...or just have no idea how money actually works

I live in NC. There is PLENTY of space to expand and build out. As a matter of fact, they are doing just that in just about every direction you look. That property will not double in value. It hasn't doubled in value in the 20 years since it was built. And it definitely won't do it where the housing market is right now (at or close to the peak of this bubble)

it CAN be a great investment (if the house is in good shape and the price is right)....it CAN be a great investment (if the house is in horrible shape, but the price is right)

I don't have a problem with either scenario...but I can't know if they won't disclose any information...and I have to buy it before it can be investigated. I think I am allowed to make an offer, put down earnest money...then pay for investigations [and back out if things don't look good -- but I'd lose the inspection money and time]. I don't live in the market anymore -- so the timing aspect is the part that concerns me the most.

I think I shared before -- but that's how my wife and I jumpstarted our money growing process. We bought a foreclosure for cash, sight unseen, no inspections, firstcome, first served scenario. It worked out really, REALLY, well for us...BUT I swore I would never do it again because it was sooooo incredibly stressful. Our mindset was, "the worst we could do is lose $40k". (We bought for $40k, put in $40k worth of repairs and upgrades...then sold for $140k). I COULD, but I'm not prepared to "lose" $200k)
Last edited by killacross on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:12 pm

This a good investment if you renovate imo. If the area is up and coming your place could double quickly.

Killa: Logical, valid concerns about a market he seems to know well.

SG: LEEROY JENKINS!
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:22 pm
San Goku wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:12 pm

Killa: Logical, valid concerns about a market he seems to know well.

SG: LEEROY JENKINS!
I'm just thinking about my situation and my property.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Everyone knows Canada real estate makes 0 sense anywhere else on the planet

Unrelated... I found out today that my crazy rich aunt is now on the board of directors for Reddit

... She "fails" up
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:52 pm Everyone knows Canada real estate makes 0 sense anywhere else on the planet

Unrelated... I found out today that my crazy rich aunt is now on the board of directors for Reddit

... She "fails" up
She's a damn boss. killa hook me up with a senior role, high wage job....
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Man the new James Bond movie was awesome. I'm not a big fan of the ending, but overall still a great movie.

One thing İ hate is how they're pushing a female 007 down our throats. I'm not watching a female James Bond movie. Simple as that. I'm all for bad ass female characters like Ana de Armas character. She's fucking hot and awesome in the movie btw. Wish there was more of her in the movie.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Well FUCK

Sad news,
wife had her 2nd appt today... They couldn't find a heartbeat
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Man that's tough. Sorry to hear that.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:30 pm Well FUCK

Sad news,
That's terrible. I'm so sorry.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Sad news,
bro sorry to hear that. Prayers to ur fam. Hope the wife is okay.
ames

Post by ames »

i'm so sorry to hear. my deepest condolences.

Sad news,
killacross

Post by killacross »

Thank you all, sincerely.

There's a saying: Women become mothers at conception, men become fathers at birth. Watching my wife deal with this grief...it is absolutely true. She is genuinely sad and distraught. I don't feel the same type of sadness...I feel disappointment. The funny part about marriage is that I have to hold my tongue because my understanding and "processing" of the situation would not benefit her or make her feel any better. She is still holding out that the doctors have made a mistake and that everything will actually be fine. I'm trying to manage her expectations because I told her modern medicine is AMAZING. I KNOW the baby was conceived on Aug 16...making it 6wks. The report from her checkup came back with an estimate of 6wks, 1 day. 6wks is more than enough time to have a heartbeat. So if they can pinpoint this grain of rice in her body...they probably didn't "miss" the heartbeat. What I don't like is that the Dr told her that he doesn't know what happened because everything is healthy. There is a 30+% chance of a miscarriage in the first 3 months [that's why they usually tell you to wait before you tell friends/family because that stat PLUMMETS after the first trimester]. Because the Dr said that...she keeps asking "what could I have done differently?"

There were 2 times that I got emotional about it. We told my daughter that she would have a little brother/sister a few weeks ago. She was very excited about the news. Picking her up from daycare yesterday...I had a wave of guilt flush over me for <10 seconds. She's 2, so obviously not gonna tell her now. The other thing...when my wife got home. Our daughter was like "Don't cry mama, it'll be OK" then gave my wife a hug and a kiss. My daughter is just so sweet. I got teary eyed.

I think I've completed the grieving process. My wife won't complete it until a week or so. They gave her a paperwork packet about if she has a miscarriage...or if she has complications and has to go to the hospital -- hand them the packet. In a week, she has another ultrasound to confirm...and at that time, they'll force the miscarriage (they will pluck the fetus from the uterus).

Like I said, I'm disappointed. Being through the process once already -- I had plans for if it was a boy...and plans for if we had another girl. I already had a plan for how it would affect our finances...and plans for when we needed to start preparing for more changes to our world. I know this is harder on my wife than me. I just have to be her rock solid foundation and shoulder to cry and grieve on/with.

...thank you all again for letting me get this out
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Oh killa, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Everyone grieves differently, and this is doubly true in the husband-wife dynamic. I can't imagine(nor do I want to) how I would have reacted had we lost Ciara, it's not something any expecting parent should have to go through no matter what stage of the pregnancy. I hope this difficult time passes at its allotted moment, and my heart truly goes out to both of you.

When you're ready, I'm sure you'll try again.
My father used to say(one of his many assortment of pithy quotes) "Time distances the feeling from the fact". I leaned on that heavily when he passed, and again when I lost my brother. I didn't even believe it at the time, I just kept telling it to myself to try and force mental compliance. Sometimes repetition is a good distraction from pain and disappointment.

Be well my friend.
ames

Post by ames »

we are always here to listen to you.
killacross wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:09 am Thank you all, sincerely.

There's a saying: Women become mothers at conception, men become fathers at birth. Watching my wife deal with this grief...it is absolutely true. She is genuinely sad and distraught. I don't feel the same type of sadness...I feel disappointment. The funny part about marriage is that I have to hold my tongue because my understanding and "processing" of the situation would not benefit her or make her feel any better. She is still holding out that the doctors have made a mistake and that everything will actually be fine. I'm trying to manage her expectations because I told her modern medicine is AMAZING. I KNOW the baby was conceived on Aug 16...making it 6wks. The report from her checkup came back with an estimate of 6wks, 1 day. 6wks is more than enough time to have a heartbeat. So if they can pinpoint this grain of rice in her body...they probably didn't "miss" the heartbeat. What I don't like is that the Dr told her that he doesn't know what happened because everything is healthy. There is a 30+% chance of a miscarriage in the first 3 months [that's why they usually tell you to wait before you tell friends/family because that stat PLUMMETS after the first trimester]. Because the Dr said that...she keeps asking "what could I have done differently?"

There were 2 times that I got emotional about it. We told my daughter that she would have a little brother/sister a few weeks ago. She was very excited about the news. Picking her up from daycare yesterday...I had a wave of guilt flush over me for <10 seconds. She's 2, so obviously not gonna tell her now. The other thing...when my wife got home. Our daughter was like "Don't cry mama, it'll be OK" then gave my wife a hug and a kiss. My daughter is just so sweet. I got teary eyed.

I think I've completed the grieving process. My wife won't complete it until a week or so. They gave her a paperwork packet about if she has a miscarriage...or if she has complications and has to go to the hospital -- hand them the packet. In a week, she has another ultrasound to confirm...and at that time, they'll force the miscarriage (they will pluck the fetus from the uterus).

Like I said, I'm disappointed. Being through the process once already -- I had plans for if it was a boy...and plans for if we had another girl. I already had a plan for how it would affect our finances...and plans for when we needed to start preparing for more changes to our world. I know this is harder on my wife than me. I just have to be her rock solid foundation and shoulder to cry and grieve on/with.

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:09 am Thank you all, sincerely.

My cousin's first child was born stillborn and the doctor said the same thing. It just happened, they don't know why and my cousin didn't do anything "wrong" to affect the baby. Of course, that explanation didn't help at all.
killacross

Post by killacross »

But THAT'S my point. Sometimes bad things JUST happen. I wish he told her that fact instead of pretending that her case was particularly special and confused him. Because he should be the professional but instead pretended that he didn't know... My wife is now questioning every move she made:

Did she drink before she took the pregnancy test? Was she stressed out because of work? Did she take Tylenol or aspirin for a headache? Was she getting enough sleep? It angers me because it is WELL KNOWN that it's a 1/3 chance to miscarry. It is incredibly common. And science hasn't discovered a definitive reason why.... Yet if ever.

Everyone assumes it won't be me... But life doesn't work that way.