There we go

xandorxerxes

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

Finally have free time, whee. Time for the catch-up wall of text.
Ice(v)an wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:30 pm Anyone reading "Solo Leveling"?
I think I read a few chapters, but I usually look for the novels now. I got burned by one a while back. Also I found out that the novels are a thousand times better because the manga/manhwa for whatever reason just wants to blow through the story without any of the details.
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:01 pm Biden embracing his inner tyrant and declaring war on the unvaccinated and business that refuse to do what the federal government wants.

And Xandor (or anyone else really of similar opinion), your opinion, I'm 99.9% sure will be the opposite of mine. If I'm wrong and you actually think what Biden's doing is wrong then sure, quote this and respond.
He is wrong, but that's only because he's doing it in the wrong way. Do you hate smoking bans too? Also war? Lulz, the anti-vaxers are killing people but it's Biden declaring war.

The hypocrisy is amazing. Trump literally attempted to make Tik Tok sell off because it pissed him off - crickets. Biden makes large businesses either test people or make them get the vaccine as a matter of public health, TYRANT. They don't even have to vaccinate, just prove they're not sick!
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:01 pm we don't owe it to each other at this point to defend our values against each other.
I don't even know how you justify your position with your "don't affect my liberty" stance, since my life and liberty is threatened just by being in the presence of a carrier or because ICUs are full and I die in the waiting room with a heart attack (yes, that happened). Anti-vaxers are welcome to not vaccinate, but they have to abide by the damn rules. Stay home, mask up when you don't, social distance. When people don't vaccinate and continue to spread it all they do is help it mutate and bypass the people who did vaccinate.

We've officially lost more to COVID than any war in our history. Good times!
killacross wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:45 pm I personally like Jimmy Kimmel's take
...if you're sick and unvaccinated -- we should let you die in the streets /s
I'm honestly to this point, but don't die in the streets die at home so you at least don't spread it before you go. My compassion ran out quickly when people used it all up infecting others. Had someone lie to go into the hospital to be with their spouse, wasn't caught until they started coughing blood. Entire cancer floor infected, nurses and doctors quarantined, it's good times.

Everyone's cost of healthcare is going up to thanks to the nurse shortage. Some nurses are making the equivalent of $300,000-500,000 annually now because so many quit and they're willing to travel/relocate.
killacross wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:45 pm In more important news
...this has been one of the few times in history that the stock market AND housing market are both up - - not to mention record highs

which do you think will collapse faster/first? I personally think it will be the stock market. We are in the process of trying to find a rental property or two to buy for cash. Also, making repairs to our last house to rent it out as well (though selling that to buy two, smaller rentals might be dope too)
Housing (and inflation) are up because of a surge in demand after the lockdown. It'll normalize, but I don't think it'll collapse. Stock market? Who knows.
San Goku wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:47 pm
killacross wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:39 pm Yellow people sneak into the country? look the other way
Brown people sneak into the country? pretend it didn't happen
...but when those damn, dirty black people sneak into the country? send em back!

--But their country is rubble after several massive earthquakes.
Don't care send em back
...But their government is in shambles after an assassination
ok, ok -- send em back with a bottle of water
It's fucking disgusting, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it that way.
Hot takes at 11!

Most people aren't actually from Haiti, they're Haitians who settled in other countries years ago. They're being flown back to their residences, not Haiti. Lawful immigrants aren't being flown out at all. Actual Haitians are being processed (and transported to other border control points). Haitians are under a protected status.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/temp ... ntry-haiti
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

France is fucking pissed the US snatched their submarine deal with Australia. Seems like a strategic move that other superpowers won't like having Australia with nuclear sub capabilities.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

My wife is glued to this Gabby petito case.......seriously it's almost literally all she's watching.

Can we please just have judge dredd find him, charge him, convict him, and summarily sentence him, so I don't have to listen to CNN's chyron anymore?
Kthxbye..
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:27 pm My wife is glued to this Gabby petito case.......seriously it's almost literally all she's watching.

Can we please just have judge dredd find him, charge him, convict him, and summarily sentence him, so I don't have to listen to CNN's chyron anymore?
Kthxbye..
Why is this shit such big news? Literally happens across the country every day....
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:01 am
Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:27 pm My wife is glued to this Gabby petito case.......seriously it's almost literally all she's watching.

Kthxbye..
Why is this shit such big news? Literally happens across the country every day....
Ya but there's always one of these stories that have to make national news. That's how it goes. That previous video of the cops pulling the couple over was pretty damming.
killacross

Post by killacross »

It's a thing -- I think they call it "Pretty, Missing White Girl" syndrome -- or some iteration...there is ALWAYS one of these stories

Also...I was joking about the family reaching out to Reddit....but supposedly, there was a Youtube vlogger that was editing their video and saw this couples' van in one of their shots. So they contacted police -- and that's where the police started the investigation before they found the body.

Either way, their gonna find the boyfriend's body hanging somewhere with a video confession.

Now like, and smash that subscribe button! And be sure to turn on all of your notifications! Thanks guys!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I can honestly say that I hadn't heard about any of this until you guys started mentioning it and then I looked into it. Japan does keep you in a bubble. Plus none of the youtube content I follow is geared towards this kinda stuff and neither are the podcasts I listen to typically.

Although white women seem to get all the coverage when it comes to missing person cases. I will say that they did burn cities to the ground over a black dude so there's that.
killacross

Post by killacross »

ugh -- stock market is such a wild ride...has anyone else lost about $100k in the past week? I was just about at the point of saying "we have too much idle cash"

...but now I'm glad it's there

still searching for a rental house -- but changing our goal from end of the year to Q1 2022
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I've lost about 1/10th of what you have over the last two weeks, getting crushed right now
Ice(v)an

Post by Ice(v)an »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:12 pm
Ice(v)an wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:30 pm Anyone reading "Solo Leveling"?
I think I read a few chapters, but I usually look for the novels now. I got burned by one a while back. Also I found out that the novels are a thousand times better because the manga/manhwa for whatever reason just wants to blow through the story without any of the details.

Where does one find them novels?

Also yeah stock market is crazy right now...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Star Wars: Visions, the Japanese short films is lit (based on the first episode).
killacross

Post by killacross »

Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Hmm........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2N-9EmedA

Not sure how I feel about this.......but hey it's tank!!
killacross

Post by killacross »

...you know exactly how you feel....and you should

-- unleash the hate
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Honestly I'm trying to keep an open mind. I've never held out hope that it was going to be anywhere near the quality of the show, but stylistically it hits a lot of bebop boxes.

But really, its probably going to be awful...... just like most things nextflix produces based off beloved source material.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Hahahah that opening is so fucking stupid. Why would you try to copy the anime to a T. This is no comic. İt's live action
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:45 pm Hahahah that opening is so fucking stupid. Why would you try to copy the anime to a T. This is no comic. İt's live action
Lol ya a bit weird they copied to a T but that's the safest thing to do, I liked it. Won't hold my breath hoping it will be good. Netflix screwed up shows before.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Aaaaaaaaand.. that's R Kelly

I believe he's going to jail... I believe he's going to jail

I believe... I believe.... I believe... Umm mm... Jaaaa-aaaaiilll-aaiiiiillllllll

WHOO!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 pm Aaaaaaaaand.. that's R Kelly

I believe he's going to jail... I believe he's going to jail

I believe... I believe.... I believe... Umm mm... Jaaaa-aaaaiilll-aaiiiiillllllll

WHOO!
He's going to prison, my friend...not jail. I don't think he's getting life though.