There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

While I enjoyed the Olympics this is just a reminder to show the insanity going on in our world today.

https://youtu.be/v4iJjTfItkc

And

https://youtu.be/QuIfZZkcecI
killacross

Post by killacross »

Officer Tatum has packed on some lbs

... that race had me rolling tho
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Takehiko Inoue is actually penning and directing a new slam dunk movie. I'm fucking excited.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote:So Y: The Last Man TV series is coming. I heard good things about the comic but in this political climate this show may very well be the wokest thing ever conceived.
Because?
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I am straight up amazed at how quickly Afghanistan fell to the Taliban
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

superbob wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:55 pm I am straight up amazed at how quickly Afghanistan fell to the Taliban

The Taliban have been preparing for this for years, they've known that the withdraw was inevitable and only a matter of time.'
A common quote being disseminated and supposedly attributed to an Taliban commander summed it up perfectly: "You have the watches, we have the time"
Ironically, when the Biden administration extended the time table originally set by trump for the full withdraw( Originally set for the first of may) it in effect gave the Taliban a few more months of preparation and diplomatic schmoozing to assure Both the defense and state departments that the commitments agreed were being followed, and that the transition would be seamless.

Biden put his whole leg in his mouth when he downplayed the parallels between this and the fall of Saigon, they are eerily similar.

This was never destined to play out any differently.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:49 pm
superbob wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:55 pm I am straight up amazed at how quickly Afghanistan fell to the Taliban

The Taliban have been preparing for this for years, they've known that the withdraw was inevitable and only a matter of time.'
A common quote being disseminated and supposedly attributed to an Taliban commander summed it up perfectly: "You have the watches, we have the time"
Ironically, when the Biden administration extended the time table originally set by trump for the full withdraw( Originally set for the first of may) it in effect gave the Taliban a few more months of preparation and diplomatic schmoozing to assure Both the defense and state departments that the commitments agreed were being followed, and that the transition would be seamless.

Biden put his whole leg in his mouth when he downplayed the parallels between this and the fall of Saigon, they are eerily similar.

Definitely knew it was going to fall, didn't think it was going to fall that quickly. The US was still planning on having 3 weeks to get everyone out but it seems once the first couple of battles went to the taliban vs the afghan security forces, the rest of their army just laid down their weapons.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

It's not the US job to stay in that country forever, right decision that had to happen eventually. It's the Taliban's mother land so I'm not surprised.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

superbob wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:09 am
Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:49 pm

Definitely knew it was going to fall, didn't think it was going to fall that quickly. The US was still planning on having 3 weeks to get everyone out but it seems once the first couple of battles went to the taliban vs the afghan security forces, the rest of their army just laid down their weapons.
I think optics, or at least 'Projected optics" played a significant role in this. The original extension was for September, right around the 20th anniversary of 9/11. The administration then shortened it to the end of August.....I don't think they wanted the most lasting image of the commemoration to be troops pulling out of a region that harbored the very terrorist organization that attacked all those years ago.

But all this time shuffling created an unreasonable timeline, and subsequently produced optics far worse than what would have been plastered on the screens in September.

This was just poorly implemented from every fucking angle.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Jututsu Kaisen 0 movie teaser Dec 24 20201: https://youtu.be/buIGU86FYFU
killacross

Post by killacross »

So is it time yet to just carpet bomb the place and start over?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Whether it was 10 years ago or today this was going to happen. Afghanistan is one of the most tribal places on earth and if you talk to any military person or contractor that has spent any time over there will tell you that.

There are enough people that hate the Taliban enough to keep that place in perpetual civil war. Enough of this you break it you bought it mentality. Yup, the US government is leaving them high and dry. Maybe it shouldn't have been running machinations in that area since the 1950s.

I seriously just don't care anymore. Not the American people's problem. Leave. US government should stop playing in the sand and making problems for everyone. Next is China and Russia, they always need to have a boogeyman for the military industrial complex to go after.

Who cares what the Chinese are doing? We know they are a shit government, run by shit people. What are we supposed to do? Antagonize them because the US government doesn't want to lose status as the big dog? They have nukes and a giant military, fuck that. China historically has never been interested in turning other countries into China. They are way too proud for that. They don't care about others enough to do that. I would rather trade with them freely and then also create other lines of trade if they start doing shit I don't like.

And Russia? Putin is a terrible guy, yeah we know. Russia ain't trying to fight the US, much like China they care more about their own shit. Also how would you feel if NATO started off in Germany but was now right on your doorstep? That is the situation they are in. That would be like China and Russia having troop presence on the Mexican border and then telling us to be okay with it.

Sorry, Ben Shapiro, I like you but your foreign policy has always been trash. His way of thinking is what keeps the US everywhere.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I agree with this guy
killacross wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:48 pm So is it time yet to just carpet bomb the place and start over?
For the money and time we spent for the last 20 years.. I could have easily ended this in a weekend or two. I have no conscience though.

Hand me the football, I'd go down in history...Also when the dust settles and all that's left is shadows and glass... and we're not rebuilding shit.

**EDIT**
Ugh -- now seeing headlines saying this was all Trump's fault
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:59 am I agree with this guy
killacross wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:48 pm So is it time yet to just carpet bomb the place and start over?
For the money and time we spent for the last 20 years.. I could have easily ended this in a weekend or two. I have no conscience though.

Hand me the football, I'd go down in history...Also when the dust settles and all that's left is shadows and glass... and we're not rebuilding shit.

**EDIT**
Ugh -- now seeing headlines saying this was all Trump's fault
Thing is, that's essentially what happened when the government specifically went after Taliban and Al-Qaeda. It took very little time to do that but then it switched to nation building.

I also agree with you about war. War is something you don't want to do because it should be total war. The last total war we had was WWII. War needs to be fast and hard, you don't purposefully try to kill non-combatants, women and children but you drive them out into the streets and destroy everything. So that the enemy knows to never try that shit again and when they give up we are done and then, we're out.

EDIT: In regards to pulling out I will say it was definitely a botched fuck up.
killacross

Post by killacross »

this Fresh/Fit vs Aba/Preach youtube beef

Geez. First time seeing something like this in real time

...youtube has been pushing that hard...so that I don't see a CNN anchor saying "They're chanting death to America -- but they are so friendly"
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:46 pm this Fresh/Fit vs Aba/Preach youtube beef

Geez. First time seeing something like this in real time

...youtube has been pushing that hard...so that I don't see a CNN anchor saying "They're chanting death to America -- but they are so friendly"
I watched Fresh and Fit because it was entertaining, however the show became repetitive because it's the same stuff every show. I always thought that there was good info within their stuff that was important to know but from the start I knew that their overall message was not conducive to men finding fulfilling relationships that will create strong families and futures. In fact it will lead to more of the bobble headed clout chasing bimbos that appear on the show through men becoming slut makers (to borrow a term from Jesse Lee Peterson and Elliot Hulse). Myron always seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder and Fresh is clearly not very intelligent. Dude out hear buying exotic cars and 30K watches talking about how you need to do that so the people you wanna connect with know you are serious. (Meanwhile a guy like Alex Hormozi a businessman in his 30s has a net worth of about 100 million dollars (w/ his wife) spoke about how he was still living on 30 grand a year when he made his first million. Probably better to listen to Alex.)

I was pretty disgusted when I saw their reaction to a legitimate video that Aba and Preach did. Not surprised though. They clearly don't walk the walk and A&P have essentially taken their souls. They have lost a good 30K subscribers since it started. They are in full damage control now.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:35 pm I watched Fresh and Fit because it was entertaining, however the show became repetitive because it's the same stuff every show. I always thought that there was good info within their stuff that was important to know but from the start I knew that their overall message was not conducive to men finding fulfilling relationships that will create strong families and futures. In fact it will lead to more of the bobble headed clout chasing bimbos that appear on the show through men becoming slut makers (to borrow a term from Jesse Lee Peterson and Elliot Hulse). Myron always seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder and Fresh is clearly not very intelligent. Dude out hear buying exotic cars and 30K watches talking about how you need to do that so the people you wanna connect with know you are serious. (Meanwhile a guy like Alex Hormozi a businessman in his 30s has a net worth of about 100 million dollars (w/ his wife) spoke about how he was still living on 30 grand a year when he made his first million. Probably better to listen to Alex.)

I was pretty disgusted when I saw their reaction to a legitimate video that Aba and Preach did. Not surprised though. They clearly don't walk the walk and A&P have essentially taken their souls. They have lost a good 30K subscribers since it started. They are in full damage control now.
That's my take on them as well. I just assumed they are young and dumb. The only "black-manosphere" youtuber I genuinely watch is Kevin Samuels. He has some extreme views...but his outlook is more conducive to growing the community. I wasn't subscribed to either before the beef...but after A&P's mature response to the response I did subscribe to them.

The only show I take "serious" are the Lapeef Let's talk shows (they are LONG tho). But they talk about a lot of random subjects and were mostly focused on how does this hurt the black image. They added a woman on the show that I can't stand....not because of her views but more of her delivery. She is sooooo opinionated, to never have an opinion. She is just professionally disagreeable...while being non-committal.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:16 am Meanwhile in Afghanistan: https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtValley818 ... 66855?s=08
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Is that Lapeef Let's talk from the 'Lapeef Network' channel? I never heard but I'll check it out.
killacross wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:21 am
San Goku wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:16 am Meanwhile in Afghanistan: https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtValley818 ... 66855?s=08
Lmfao