There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

so I filled up my tank Sunday...I always fill it Sunday.
...I also randomly filled my mowers and gas jugs.
There was no one there...

Monday there's stories of a gas shortage and suddenly EVERYONE is lined up for miles

anywhoo -- this looks like more "bluetooth on a blender" nonsense. And have they tried shutting it down and restarting again? Funny enough...this was teh same pipeline that had an explosion in 2016 that caused the same type of gas shortage issues. Glad we learned nothing...
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:47 pm anywhoo -- this looks like more "bluetooth on a blender" nonsense. And have they tried shutting it down and restarting again? Funny enough...this was teh same pipeline that had an explosion in 2016 that caused the same type of gas shortage issues. Glad we learned nothing...
I'll give the gas company a smidgeon of credit... Unlike Bluetooth on a blender, putting network access on everything makes their lives a lot easier when doing maintenance. Of course when you don't secure it, you get this clusterfuck. A ransomware attack too, so someone clicked an email they shouldn't have.

Florida meanwhile, doesn't get gas from colonial in any material amount... But declared a state of emergency anyways. Some gas stations still ran out of fuel because people panicked and hoarded gas. Good job.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Biden is supposed to put some Executive order in affect to address these cyber attacks I hear.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:49 am Biden is supposed to put some Executive order in affect to address these cyber attacks I hear.
I'll be curious to see what he says. It's not like there's a silver bullet except "don't put things on open networks," and that would be pretty disruptive. Kinda sad it has to be an EO though, seems to be the new normal.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Holy shit.. Did the pipeline cause this to the stock market or is it israel/Palestine or is it inflation or is it the jobs report?

We lost some peoples' salaries overnight!!

Anyway.. Was talking with Ms Thickums yesterday... She told me why I didn't get the job. 4 interviewer panel. 5 people decide... If 1 person says no... Then it's no. The one person who said no actually recommended the other guy for the job, and the person who interviewed him in her stead said yes.

Apparently, no one can stand him... And the lady who recommended him was given the chance to resign this past week for performance issues

... I'm gonna wait until Monday and then send out a friendly email for shiggles

I'm also gonna LinkedIn that lady. If she says yes... I'll say FUCK YOU BITCH.. Then delete the connection :lol:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:27 am Holy shit.. Did the pipeline cause this to the stock market or is it israel/Palestine or is it inflation or is it the jobs report?

We lost some peoples' salaries overnight!!

Anyway.. Was talking with Ms Thickums yesterday... She told me why I didn't get the job. 4 interviewer panel. 5 people decide... If 1 person says no... Then it's no. The one person who said no actually recommended the other guy for the job, and the person who interviewed him in her stead said yes.

Apparently, no one can stand him... And the lady who recommended him was given the chance to resign this past week for performance issues

... I'm gonna wait until Monday and then send out a friendly email for shiggles

I'm also gonna LinkedIn that lady. If she says yes... I'll say FUCK YOU BITCH.. Then delete the connection :lol:
All the above with the stock market, it's Biden's economy.

How did Ms Thickums know this info, does she participate in interviews?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm
killacross wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:27 am Holy shit.. Did the pipeline cause this to the stock market or is it israel/Palestine or is it inflation or is it the jobs report?
All the above with the stock market, it's Biden's economy.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Also.. How are the US infrastructure and distribution lines so fragile? People can singlehandedly disrupt everything overnight

We need to spend at least 15 Trillion to update it

.. Ms Thickums works at that site.. And she talks regularly with one of the hiring managers that she is friends with...
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:48 pm Also.. How are the US infrastructure and distribution lines so fragile? People can singlehandedly disrupt everything overnight
Old technology (harder to defend), outdated mindsets (put everything together), no security (limited budgets with low security priority, hackers are only script kiddies in their mom's basement). ITSEC has been saying for over a decade that this shit was weak and no one listened. Our water systems, traffic systems, and power grid are this weak too. The first two are generally more isolated, and the power grid probably will be once we move towards massive battery storage.

The US, Russia, and China have been playing their disruptive abilities close to the vest, but Russia tipped their hand when they knocked out Ukraine's power grid years ago. Willing to bet that's a small part of the reason they don't think this is a state-sponsored attack, if anything it probably pissed Putin off that it put it on our immediate-fix radar. Israel, Iran, and NK probably could also pull off a major disruption too, but it's more of an existential threat to their existence for them to do so.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goPCvfL1pgo

Always loved Tyrone's videos and I think his argument is salient, simple, and to the point.

Personally I would love to see a remake of STEEL, the real "STEEL", not the one completely divorced from the superman persona.
Val zodd and Calvin ellis would be interesting too, far more interesting than just saying "Well superman's black now"(Admittedly that doesn't really bother me, but you have far more creative latitude with the aforementioned characters because they are newer and unique).
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:50 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goPCvfL1pgo

Always loved Tyrone's videos and I think his argument is salient, simple, and to the point.

Personally I would love to see a remake of STEEL, the real "STEEL", not the one completely divorced from the superman persona.
Val zodd and Calvin ellis would be interesting too, far more interesting than just saying "Well superman's black now"(Admittedly that doesn't really bother me, but you have far more creative latitude with the aforementioned characters because they are newer and unique).
Good video! A Jon Stewart Green Lantern show and/or movie would be great too. He's popular enough too, and he has the military background. Actually we definitely need a GL movie with a shit load of movie for the budget.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:50 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goPCvfL1pgo

On youtube it seems that all black Superman fans are talking about how much they don't want this movie. WB and DC don't want to do the work, it's that simple. Marvel took a huge gamble with Iron Man but they knew going in to plan for the long haul. DC doesn't want to do that and they continually suffer for it.

Eric July is much harsher on this as he a comic purist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6LJVYAXSfM&t=200s

But the really bothersome thing is that they are essentially racist because they think white characters are worth more so in order to make the money they think they have to turn white characters black instead of relying on all the already existing black characters.

It's lazy and racist.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Isn't Icon already black Superman?

Youtube has started suggesting Game of Thrones clips

...so many awesome scenes that I have completely forgotten because of the shitty final season.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:25 am Isn't Icon already black Superman?
Yup.

So with this whole Israel/Palestine conflict, we get a lot of the Israel side but Scott Horton has three interviews with people that highlight the Palestine side of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agDy9ue-Sgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltBTS4a8_XM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhop2MU4csA

Listen at 2x speed if you want.

I just don't know what to think about all this.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So for my 37th birthday today my boy is whining 70% of the time. At my mom's, gonna throw some food on the grill and try to take it easy.

@ Isreal v Palestine, I look it now as conflict in the hood. You hope and want the violence to stop but it's always going to be an endless cycle of violence.
Digital Masta wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:42 am
It's lazy and racist
This
killacross wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:25 am Isn't Icon already black Superman?

Youtube has started suggesting Game of Thrones clips

...so many awesome scenes that I have completely forgotten because of the shitty final season.
I'll probably start caring once I see a really good trailer for the prequel (hopefully).
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So I just found out that Shunsuke Kikuchi the original composer of Dragonball and Dragonball Z died 3 weeks ago at the age of 89. While I enjoy Bruce Faulconer's take of Dragonball, I still think Kikuchi's is far superior and fits better with what Dragonball is. Of course, the series and films were anchored by legend, Hironobu Kageyama's vocals and the controversial Kenji Yamamoto.

89 years old...just think about what this man lived through. He was around 14 years old when World War II ended, he experienced the occupation of Japan by America, the rebuilding of it into an international powerhouse, the bubble economy which led to the general malaise of current Japan. All the while he became one of Japan's demanded film and TV composers.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...All I'm hearing is that Japan is a racist country and and the yellow man can't get ahead
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Just to torment you, here are three videos of season 8 of GoT being devoid of any logic whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QvZSeOEkrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz930ix978c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c_ib-mJTvc
killacross

Post by killacross »

Yumi Nu

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

**breathes**

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:22 am Yumi Nu

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

**breathes**

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
I don't get it.

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Ya know she isn't at all unattractive. Classic case of cute face but fat. Naturally, she's Asian/Dutch so ignore the Dutch and just go with "FIRST ASIAN CURVE MODEL TO BLAH BLAH"