There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 am The Critical Drinker's review of Falcon and The Winter Soldier is essentially how I feel about the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0B_7es0_g

Followed by Eric July explaining saying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdIEk8ntmwE

Also Screen Rant's pitch meeting video on this show...also accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URHTrIlO3Os

Marvel has yet to change my opinion about the post-Endgame world.

It kinda just sucks.

However, Baron Zemo is one the best characters in the MCU and the dude who plays him just kills it. Zemo and John Walker are the best things in the show.
Just finished the series, I thought that the action was great overall, storyline is typical but what else could you have done with Falcon and WS.

Watched 2/3 of those links. The sarcasm was off the charts lol. I also asked why doesn't Sam just call Pepper to EASILY fund his family business. That's a small ask for Tony Starks wife.

2nd vid, I agree too it's definitely a demotion, no one asked for Falcon to become Captain America, if anything we wanted an upgraded, new and improved Falcon. Could have just gave him the serium too.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 am
Marvel has yet to change my opinion about the post-Endgame world.

It kinda just sucks.
This was an entropic inevitability and it's the reason why enthusiasm is dwindling; the inability to acknowledge the foregone conclusion of diminishing returns amongst fans.

Endgame was indeed the "Endgame". Marvel knew they would never be able to recapture that momentum after it reached its apex; time kills everything, and diehards are finally coming to grips with it.

Unfortunately we now live in a culture that engenders a propensity to fetishize liking or disliking something based solely on extraneous elements, rather than preference or entertainment value. An entire cottage industry exists these days of video deconstructions(which are admittedly fun to watch) in which the commentary amounts to: What does group A think about Title B? And how should I allow group A to influence me? Let's discuss!
Conversely, way down the spectrum of inanity: What does(Add topical issue, a dash of virtue signaling and hyperbole, stir and bake at 120 annoying degrees..) say about me and what's going on in the world?

How the fuck was marvel ever going to keep everyone happy under those circumstances? Fun is lost, honest debate is dead, and the Wokes have stolen the anti-wokes lunch money.

We're now watching the food fight.
Mongor

Post by Mongor »

For anyone interested in a dose of nostalgia, NM is back up. It looks like Jay put it back up last year.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm How the fuck was marvel ever going to keep everyone happy under those circumstances? Fun is lost, honest debate is dead, and the Wokes have stolen the anti-wokes lunch money.

We're now watching the food fight.
If the wokes stole the lunch money, do they have all of the food? Is it all vegan?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Mongor wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 pm For anyone interested in a dose of nostalgia, NM is back up. It looks like Jay put it back up last year.
Lol what possessed you to look into NM? Good looking out though. I'm too used to TAL, Jay should just come here and merge or support with TAL.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:16 pm
Mongor wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 pm For anyone interested in a dose of nostalgia, NM is back up. It looks like Jay put it back up last year.
Lol what possessed you to look into NM? Good looking out though. I'm too used to TAL, Jay should just come here and merge or support with TAL.
So, I logged in and I joined that forum in 2004 when I was 19 years old. DAAMN. I'm scared to go back and look at what I was posting back then.

I had a little over 8900 posts on that forum...DAMN!

Side note: I didn't even realize the Oscars just happened. I love how the Oscars has gone from nominating films that people actually have seen to films that nobody's ever heard of. Remember that the Lord of Rings films and The Dark Knight were once the kind of films that would get nominations and even wins (Return of The King). I looked at the films that were nominated and essentially hadn't heard of any of them.

Apparently, the area that the Oscars took place in is known for having massive amounts of homeless people but they forced them to move for the Oscars by threatening to destroy their things if they didn't move. But if a homeless person plops down in front of your house or business and won't move sorry...you just have to deal with it.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

I randomly checked in a while ago just to take a stroll down memory lane, Norton had to block an intrusion attempt when I accessed the webpage.
Haven't been back since.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:10 am
San Goku wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:16 pm
So, I logged in and I joined that forum in 2004 when I was 19 years old. DAAMN. I'm scared to go back and look at what I was posting back then.

I had a little over 8900 posts on that forum...DAMN!

Side note: I didn't even realize the Oscars just happened. I love how the Oscars has gone from nominating films that people actually have seen to films that nobody's ever heard of. Remember that the Lord of Rings films and The Dark Knight were once the kind of films that would get nominations and even wins (Return of The King). I looked at the films that were nominated and essentially hadn't heard of any of them.

Apparently, the area that the Oscars took place in is known for having massive amounts of homeless people but they forced them to move for the Oscars by threatening to destroy their things if they didn't move. But if a homeless person plops down in front of your house or business and won't move sorry...you just have to deal with it.
They rolled out the red carpet to cover the brown concrete.

But seriously, i've gotten to the point of not giving a single shit about the oscars anymore. All I see are rich, out of touch people who pretend to know the plights of the average citizen while sniffing their own farts.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Reading some of my old posts
..I'm a mufucking jeenyus!!

How ta fuck was first post about Suzuki manga?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:46 am All I see are rich, out of touch people who pretend to know the plights of the average citizen while sniffing their own farts.
There's a "joke" about pundits and politicians too, but that's way too easy.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) movie is out as of yesterday. Pretty good overall, though it was going to be mediocre at the beginning. Love the Flame Hashira.
Last edited by San Goku on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

1 more night in Bologna Italy.
...would be a lot cooler without a global thang that completely shuts the country down at 10p

...It's a pretty country with a lot of signs about avoiding pick pockets
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:38 pm 1 more night in Bologna Italy.
...would be a lot cooler without a global thang that completely shuts the country down at 10p

Guessing it's a big tourist place then?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Wow, that shit is real out there huh.
killacross

Post by killacross »

We are staying here..

https://www.palazzodivarignana.com/

....likely gonna bring my wife here next year and fuck her brains out (she gets Italy, international flight, a train ride, and scenic views)
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

San Goku wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm

Welcome to europe. It's in a lot of countries. Especially cities that attract tourists. Just try not to act like a tourist and be aware of your surroundings. Oh and don't trust strangers.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:59 am
San Goku wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm

Welcome to europe. It's in a lot of countries. Especially cities that attract tourists. Just try not to act like a tourist and be aware of your surroundings. Oh and don't trust strangers.
Yeah, this is something that North Americans (and I assume British people) don't really have a lot of experience with. People don't really pickpocket in America and Canada and I hear that Western Europe is quite bad.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 am We are staying here..

https://www.palazzodivarignana.com/

....likely gonna bring my wife here next year and fuck her brains out (she gets Italy, international flight, a train ride, and scenic views)

Hey...you hate your job but they do put you guys in nice digs.
killacross

Post by killacross »

In Sweden we stayed here
https://www.scandichotels.se/hallandia

In Germany we stayed here
https://www.hotel-hohenlohe.de/

Italy has been the best building by far...Germany had the best food and beer and activities to pass the time
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Make a mental note of this and take some of @killa ideas to make me seem romantic.