There we go

Digital Masta
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:53 am

eddieson wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 am
They're making a Powerpuff live-action series? Why?

Hollywood really does just suck.


Powerpuff girls were great as a cartoon but are they trying to get the older generation that grew up on the show to watch this? I don't think they're gonna care.
Cause CW and Greg Berlanti. Here's the premise and character breakdown.

The Powerpuff Girls follows Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, who used to be America’s pint-sized superheroes. Now they’re disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crimefighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

Blossom Utonium. Although she was a spunky, conscientious, Little-Miss-Perfect child who holds several advanced degrees, Blossom’s repressed kiddie-superhero trauma has left her feeling anxious and reclusive, and she aims to become a leader again — this time on her own terms.

Bubbles Utonium. Her sweet-girl disposition won America’s hearts as a child, and she still sparkles as an adult, but her charming exterior belies an unexpected toughness and wit. She’s initially more interested in recapturing her fame than saving the world, but she just might surprise us and herself.

Buttercup Utonium. She was the rebellious badass of the Powerpuff Girls in its heyday. More sensitive than her tough exterior suggests, Buttercup has spent her adulthood trying to shed her Powerpuff Girl identity and live an anonymous life.

Image

Image

That premise and character breakdown are so...typical. Like...yeah, that's essentially what CW and Berlanti are gonna do. This is why Superman and Lois was such a shock.

Digital Masta
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:50 am

Also...New Mexico is on the right track with this.

https://innocenceproject.org/new-mexico ... ntability/

xandorxerxes
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:53 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:50 am
Also...New Mexico is on the right track with this.

https://innocenceproject.org/new-mexico ... ntability/
I'm always mixed on the city/state being held responsible for officers' actions. I'd prefer it be the individual officer responsible, but I *think* organizations in general are held liable for bad actions at the workplace and they can in turn seek damages from an individual. Could be totally making that up.

Edit: I mentioned before that YouTube is really weird with their policies:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... er-videos/

San Goku
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:38 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:50 am
Also...New Mexico is on the right track with this.

https://innocenceproject.org/new-mexico ... ntability/
Good for them 👏

Digital Masta
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 pm


killacross
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:19 pm

/gets the popcorn

...the funniest/saddest part is that the women will suffer the most from it. Men go to their prison and attack them there...or they say they feel like men and go to the men's prison and get attacked there

seriously...just start feeding them all to a woodchipper or dropping them off in the middle of the pacific [whichever is more economical] and be done with it

xandorxerxes
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 pm

So when you read an article from a real news source...
Inmates can request transfers to their correctional counselor, which are then considered by a committee that includes the warden, custody, medical and mental health staffers, and a PREA compliance manager. Staffers review the inmate’s criminal record, health needs, custody level, sentence and safety concerns.

Digital Masta
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 pm
So when you read an article from a real news source...
Inmates can request transfers to their correctional counselor, which are then considered by a committee that includes the warden, custody, medical and mental health staffers, and a PREA compliance manager. Staffers review the inmate’s criminal record, health needs, custody level, sentence and safety concerns.

Image

That changes nothing.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:26 pm

eddieson wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 am
They're making a Powerpuff live-action series? Why?

Hollywood really does just suck.


Powerpuff girls were great as a cartoon but are they trying to get the older generation that grew up on the show to watch this? I don't think they're gonna care.
Cause CW and Greg Berlanti. Here's the premise and character breakdown.

The Powerpuff Girls follows Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, who used to be America’s pint-sized superheroes. Now they’re disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crimefighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

Blossom Utonium. Although she was a spunky, conscientious, Little-Miss-Perfect child who holds several advanced degrees, Blossom’s repressed kiddie-superhero trauma has left her feeling anxious and reclusive, and she aims to become a leader again — this time on her own terms.

Bubbles Utonium. Her sweet-girl disposition won America’s hearts as a child, and she still sparkles as an adult, but her charming exterior belies an unexpected toughness and wit. She’s initially more interested in recapturing her fame than saving the world, but she just might surprise us and herself.

Buttercup Utonium. She was the rebellious badass of the Powerpuff Girls in its heyday. More sensitive than her tough exterior suggests, Buttercup has spent her adulthood trying to shed her Powerpuff Girl identity and live an anonymous life.
Gonna be woke as fuck.

San Goku
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 pm
https://www.rt.com/usa/520430-californi ... r-inmates/

I mean what could go wrong?

Image
This a dream come true for a inmate. I would be dolled up yelling I'm a Tranny to go to the women's prison. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

killacross
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:00 am

San Goku wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm
This a dream come true for a inmate. I would be dolled up yelling I'm a Tranny to go to the women's prison. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you must be thinking of canadian, female, inmates...or those plots you see in your flix that you like


...cuz if you saw the majority of american, female, inmates -- you'd stay out of jail

San Goku
Posts: 731
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:22 am

killacross wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:00 am
San Goku wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm
This a dream come true for a inmate. I would be dolled up yelling I'm a Tranny to go to the women's prison. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you must be thinking of canadian, female, inmates...or those plots you see in your flix that you like


...cuz if you saw the majority of american, female, inmates -- you'd stay out of jail
Ya I had an image of pretty women in my mind for some reason, that is not the reality......but if I am going away for a long time any woman is better than no woman.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm
xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 pm
So when you read an article from a real news source...
Inmates can request transfers to their correctional counselor, which are then considered by a committee that includes the warden, custody, medical and mental health staffers, and a PREA compliance manager. Staffers review the inmate’s criminal record, health needs, custody level, sentence and safety concerns.
That changes nothing.
San Goku wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm

This a dream come true for a inmate. I would be dolled up yelling I'm a Tranny to go to the women's prison. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean, if you're a non-violent offender who can convince multiple medical professionals and security professionals that you're actually a trans person, then more power to you I guess. The few that have been moved apparently have had no issues. The process takes years and has been in place for a while.

It's not like transitioning is a pleasant experience if you're not actually trans. You can't just say "yeah, I'm trans, put me in a women's prison." Are you guys willing to take those drugs for years?

Digital Masta
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:14 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:25 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm
xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 pm
So when you read an article from a real news source...

That changes nothing.
San Goku wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm

This a dream come true for a inmate. I would be dolled up yelling I'm a Tranny to go to the women's prison. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean, if you're a non-violent offender who can convince multiple medical professionals and security professionals that you're actually a trans person, then more power to you I guess. The few that have been moved apparently have had no issues. The process takes years and has been in place for a while.

It's not like transitioning is a pleasant experience if you're not actually trans. You can't just say "yeah, I'm trans, put me in a women's prison." Are you guys willing to take those drugs for years?
You're missing the forest for the trees. Why has the conversation even gotten this far that we're even considering the idea? Here's what I'd do. In the men's prison, all the trans women would be placed in the "trans wing" of the men's prison because they are still men but they'll have their own space. Same for the female prisons. The trans men would be placed in the "trans men" wing of the female prison because they are still women.

"Oh, but that's discrimination?"

So, what? This is prison. And it's not...because they are still men (or women in the trans men case). Funny, I wonder how many trans men are trying to get into male prisons? I'd imagine not that many for obvious reasons. It's kinda like why you never hear about trans men dominating men's sports...because they don't.

Again, call yourself whatever you want, but at the end of the day you got XY chromosomes and therefore your ass should stay in the XY prison potentially in a different section of the prison but still the XY prison.

killacross
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:32 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:14 pm
You're missing the forest for the trees. Why has the conversation even gotten this far that we're even considering the idea? Here's what I'd do. In the men's prison, all the trans women would be placed in the "trans wing" of the men's prison because they are still men but they'll have their own space. Same for the female prisons. The trans men would be placed in the "trans men" wing of the female prison because they are still women.

"Oh, but that's discrimination?"

So, what? This is prison. And it's not...because they are still men (or women in the trans men case). Funny, I wonder how many trans men are trying to get into male prisons? I'd imagine not that many for obvious reasons. It's kinda like why you never hear about trans men dominating men's sports...because they don't.

Again, call yourself whatever you want, but at the end of the day you got XY chromosomes and therefore your ass should stay in the XY prison potentially in a different section of the prison but still the XY prison.
you're treating these criminals like they are bad people! they are good people who had no options because of racism, the patriarchy, capitalism, Donald Trump!

...they should be allowed to do whatever makes them feel good :roll: :roll: :roll:

xandorxerxes
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:37 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:14 pm

You're missing the forest for the trees. Why has the conversation even gotten this far that we're even considering the idea? Here's what I'd do. In the men's prison, all the trans women would be placed in the "trans wing" of the men's prison because they are still men but they'll have their own space. Same for the female prisons. The trans men would be placed in the "trans men" wing of the female prison because they are still women.

"Oh, but that's discrimination?"

So, what? This is prison. And it's not...because they are still men (or women in the trans men case). Funny, I wonder how many trans men are trying to get into male prisons? I'd imagine not that many for obvious reasons. It's kinda like why you never hear about trans men dominating men's sports...because they don't.

Again, call yourself whatever you want, but at the end of the day you got XY chromosomes and therefore your ass should stay in the XY prison potentially in a different section of the prison but still the XY prison.
There's a lot of logistics that would make just a wing an issue, but in theory someone could start a prison for trans people - you just run into legal issues like you mentioned since I believe they're a protected class.

The chromosome isn't what matters in this case (e.g. if you have XY chromosomes and no penis, the threat of sexual assault isn't any different from other women), and from quick searching apparently there's strong medical research on why treating trans people as their determined gender is more appropriate, which is why it's gotten this far. I'd have to read the research to tell you exactly why though, so maybe in the future. I've been meaning to read up on it anyways, just never got around to it.

Edit: Regarding chromosomes, they're not always 100% either. There are several developmental issues that can cause people to have wrong/insufficient genetalia (e.g. Swyer)

killacross
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:09 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:37 pm
There's a lot of logistics that would make just a wing an issue, but in theory someone could start a prison for trans people - you just run into legal issues like you mentioned since I believe they're a protected class.

The chromosome isn't what matters in this case (e.g. if you have XY chromosomes and no penis, the threat of sexual assault isn't any different from other women), and from quick searching apparently there's strong medical research on why treating trans people as their determined gender is more appropriate, which is why it's gotten this far. I'd have to read the research to tell you exactly why though, so maybe in the future. I've been meaning to read up on it anyways, just never got around to it.

Edit: Regarding chromosomes, they're not always 100% either. There are several developmental issues that can cause people to have wrong/insufficient genetalia (e.g. Swyer)
I always jump at this "justification" here
It's so inconsequential. It's so rare. Essentially, an anomaly does not disprove the norm.

And even then...we are talking about trans people (who are say <1% of the general population...and then the percentage of them that are criminals so another <1%....and then violent criminals [ie rapists] <1%....and then the percentage of them that are actually in prison...so another <1% of them]

...practically speaking, why give them ANY special consideration?

Digital Masta
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:58 am

It's like saying that Chinese people on average are shorter than say Danish people and then you say "Yeah, well Yao Ming is 7'6'' and my Danish guy friend is 5 feet tall."

As if that somehow refutes the point. Society isn't designed around extremes, it can't be. That's why it will always be harder for most foreigners in Japan to shop for clothes and I will constantly find myself paying attention to door frame sizes in houses/apartments so I don't hit my head. Are there Japanese people my size that have to deal with this stuff? Of course, a large amount but the amount that don't have to deal with it is infinitely bigger.


What is that phenomenon where a minority can get everyone to bend to their well because most people want to "go along to get along" it's essentially the MO of the woke but it's basically this idea:

-Your daughter decides to be vegan but nobody else in the house is.

-Your wife decides that instead of making two different meals, she'll just make vegan meals because it will placate her daughter and it's not like everyone else is anti-vegan food so it's just a mild inconvenience to them.

-You guys go to a block party and you let them know beforehand that you're gonna eat vegan because of the daughter.

-The block party organizers now have choices, they can go through the trouble of have two menus, you can tell the family to either bring their own food or just not eat at the party but you may not want to do that because it may look bad or you can have a vegan block party.

-Suddenly you have a vegan block party because of one little girl.

Now if these were black people it wouldn't have gotten that far because back when the daughter said she was vegan and therefore not eating any of their family's food her mother said something like this:

"Guess you gonna starve to death."

xandorxerxes
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:00 am

Y'all kinda leaped on an aside there...

I'm not trying to argue, like I said I haven't done the research on anything transgender. Just want to give you something you may not have thought about. This isn't an issue of a "tyranny of the minority," the current system we have is already problematic (see below).
killacross wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:09 pm
I always jump at this "justification" here
It's so inconsequential. It's so rare. Essentially, an anomaly does not disprove the norm.

And even then...we are talking about trans people (who are say <1% of the general population...and then the percentage of them that are criminals so another <1%....and then violent criminals [ie rapists] <1%....and then the percentage of them that are actually in prison...so another <1% of them]

...practically speaking, why give them ANY special consideration?
We don't. Violent criminals aren't eligible for transfer based on being transgender. But let's say you're born female and identify as male - you've been taking testosterone for years. You're sentenced to prison for 6 months for whatever reason. You - on all of your testosterone - are thrown in with female criminals and lose any treatments you're on until you're released. That seems like a pretty harsh penalty for whatever you did that only got you 6 months, even assuming you had 0 withdrawal. If the prison provides either testosterone or some treatment to assist/prevent withdrawal, you're still effectively putting a testosterone-laden individual in a female cell block. If a person has already had their sexual organs swapped as well, do we still send them to their genetic sex's block? We have to draw a line, and this issue is just trying to decide where to draw it.
Digital Masta wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:58 am
Society isn't designed around extremes, it can't be.
What is that phenomenon where a minority can get everyone to bend to their well because most people want to "go along to get along" it's essentially the MO of the woke but it's basically this idea:

-Your daughter decides to be vegan but nobody else in the house is.

-Your wife decides that instead of making two different meals, she'll just make vegan meals because it will placate her daughter and it's not like everyone else is anti-vegan food so it's just a mild inconvenience to them.

-You guys go to a block party and you let them know beforehand that you're gonna eat vegan because of the daughter.

-The block party organizers now have choices, they can go through the trouble of have two menus, you can tell the family to either bring their own food or just not eat at the party but you may not want to do that because it may look bad or you can have a vegan block party.

-Suddenly you have a vegan block party because of one little girl.

Now if these were black people it wouldn't have gotten that far because back when the daughter said she was vegan and therefore not eating any of their family's food her mother said something like this:

"Guess you gonna starve to death."
That really doesn't happen, especially once you leave the household level. Maybe if the cook goes vegan, but from what little I've seen at that point someone else starts cooking for the rest of the family. This scenario is expecting one person to be so selfish that he/she is going to make everyone change their plates without any of the people forced to change being selfish enough to push back. Humans aren't that nice, especially at a neighborhood level. It's also (imo) a terrible parent move for the mother to do what she did in this scenario.

killacross
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:02 pm

I'm just gonna say it... Officers shouldn't be allowed to carry tasers

Too many stories of "I thought I pulled my taser...so I shot him 15x in the face... Before reloading... Twice"

Post Reply