There we go

xandorxerxes

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:52 am Elections have consequences, Fox Business canned Lou Dobbs. He had the highest ratings apparently, didn't know that. Don't really care too much for him. I watched him a bit in the past.
Well, getting your employer sued for a bunch of money is a pretty quick way to getting removed. He's still getting paid and he wasn't fired, he just lost his show.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I realized I have a soft spot for cyberpunk/noir style films and TV shows, I dunno I just like that hard-boiled, dystopian future world, I think it's the film/photographer in me. I just finished the first season of Altered Carbon and I liked it. In particular the cinematography and set design. The colors were amazing.

Also, Joel Kinnamon was shredded as was Will Yun Lee who played Kovacs original body. Body goals, man....body goals. They are achievable and you look normal and good in clothes and then downright sexy with nothing on.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:35 am I realized I have a soft spot for cyberpunk/noir style films and TV shows, I dunno I just like that hard-boiled, dystopian future world, I think it's the film/photographer in me. I just finished the first season of Altered Carbon and I liked it. In particular the cinematography and set design. The colors were amazing.

Also, Joel Kinnamon was shredded as was Will Yun Lee who played Kovacs original body. Body goals, man....body goals. They are achievable and you look normal and good in clothes and then downright sexy with nothing on.
I thought the first season was muuuch better than the second season. I really enjoy those dark cyberpunky shows/movies, Bladerunner was my favorite movie growing up. The first season definitely felt a lot like that, second season, not so much.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

They should make another TRON movie
killacross

Post by killacross »

I don't get it anymore.. But investments are higher than they've ever been.

Thank you Joe Biden.

Side note. Bought a pellet grill... Anyone know any good websites/YouTube that give some directions for smoked chicken wings or ribs or brisket?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:11 pm I don't get it anymore.. But investments are higher than they've ever been.

Thank you Joe Biden.

Side note. Bought a pellet grill... Anyone know any good websites/YouTube that give some directions for smoked chicken wings or ribs or brisket?
Nope but sounds delicious, hope you share yourprogress. I've been thinking for some time now to purchase a portable propane grill. One that I can easily throw in my trunk and take anywhere and cook at anytime, summer or winter.

A really good seems about $300-$400 CAN
killacross

Post by killacross »

Sounds like a Ford Pinto in the making

I haven't watched a single game this season.. Poor Brady. Getting beat up on. Not used to not having an O line there and 30 secs to make a decision
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Brady is up 3-7 now
killacross

Post by killacross »

Getting beat up doesn't mean he's not one of the greatest (and oldest) of all time. Not a fan... But a ton of respect.

Also.. This halftime fucking sucks. Bring back JLo and Shakira!!
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I thought The Weekend did a great job, they should have turned up his mic imo. I'm a fan of The Weekend, he's from Toronto.

JT and Janet best half time of all time.

Edit

Tampa is just dominating right now
killacross

Post by killacross »

Super bowl is all about the party. With just me, the wife, and the baby watching... It's not a good game [again] , the halftime was not good [again], and the commercials have been lackluster [again]...its just not enjoyable.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Went over to my cousin's house, was curing pork belly in my fridge so we smoked that into bacon and smoked wings and thighs, not bad. Going to pick up a smaller one next time and try a bunch of different flavors.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:11 am Super bowl is all about the party. With just me, the wife, and the baby watching... It's not a good game [again] , the halftime was not good [again], and the commercials have been lackluster [again]...its just not enjoyable.
I can't dispute this
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I didn't even know the Superbowl was on.
Thunderbox

Post by Thunderbox »

Hope y'all doing well lads, been a crazy year and have been away for a long time.
I re-read One Piece over the summer, just love that manga. Been getting into new titles and trying to get back into anime this week-end, feels good.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

American football is still a sport I struggle to get into even though I've lived in the country for almost twenty years now.
But I've always enjoyed the parties I've been invited to over the years, the one universal commonality between football and US football fans is the passion for the game and the inevitable apoplexy that follows when the losing sides fanbase realizes the game is in the bag for the other team. This year, because of COVID-19 and out of respect for my wife(Whose been ordered by her doctor not to attend large gatherings) we decided to stay home.

This was a watershed moment in my life, but not for the reasons you might suspect.
Last night I learned a very uncomfortable truth.

My wife harbors a deep and abiding love for Tom Brady and I'm certain she's going to leave me if and when he ever leaves Giselle.

I officially hate this man.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ 😀 lol sounds like my mom and her love for Denzel and Barrak Obama.

Tom Brady looks great for a man that's 43. That's what winning and money will do to you.
killacross

Post by killacross »

/no homo?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

They aren't even hiding it anymore.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Basic summary, one side of the aisle controls all the levers of power and used that power to make sure they got the election result they wanted and it's great!
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

That's not what the article says.(at least, that's not how I read it)

Read it as a virtual signaling treatise about how they were actually protecting the election from the supposed evil machinations of Trumpism and election tampering/interference, and it's less an admission and more a self righteous declaration of: "Trump was the one who tried to rig the election, but we were the steadfast defenders who fortified its free and fairness, praise us!!!"

"The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding"

....."That's why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream-a well funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage, and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system's fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures"...

In essence, it's one protracted circle jerk from people who believed the election would be compromised by an "Autocratically inclined president".
To them, Trump was such an existential threat to democratic principles that they had to (according to the Molly) take well coordinated measures to prevent him and his supporters from tapping into their bottomless bag of conspiracy and misinformation to sow seeds of doubt, pressure state officials, galvanize resentment and grievance with the express purpose of throwing one giant wrench in the shape of a middle finger in the whole process.(In that, they obviously failed in spectacular fashion).

It's just a bunch of liberals who want a pat on the back for being paragons of election integrity.

Honestly, I think the OP intentionally used phrases like "Cabal" and "Shadow campaign" to trigger conservatives and conservative adjacent voters because she knew it would invariably be taken out of context.

This shit is coming from the same woman who wrote a biography about Nancy Pelosi.......