Let's get it!
San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Add Yang wants to be Mayor of NYC?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

That was my reaction too. Probably the worst place for him to test his UBI, but whatever he wants to do I guess.
killacross

Post by killacross »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
my wife got fired today
....but mixed emotions
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Fired or laid off?
killacross

Post by killacross »

Fired.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Wow wtf for? I don't recall the industry she is in.

I wish I had fuck you money. I would do simple shit like camp and hunt all day.
killacross

Post by killacross »

She's an Industrial Engineer that works/worked in Distribution centers. She was fired for what was essentially low performance.

Her previous boss assigned her 3 projects; 1 that was hers...and 2 from other people that quit and were left unfinished (that should not have been her responsibility long term). He quit early/middle of last year and she got a new boss. The new boss did her mid-year performance review, last year. He asked...why are you so far behind in your department? She explained the previous boss told me the priority is this, then this, then this...so that's what I did. The new boss said, No, you should be focusing on this, then this, then this...and gave her a mediocre/below average review.

She's hated him ever since.

She has complained and complained and talked about quitting nonstop since. I have told her repeatedly to go for it. But she said...no, I want to show them I can do it and at least complete this project -- Then I'll put in my notice or I'm sure they'll fire me on the spot. I told her not to bother...we don't need the money...why stress over something so meaningless and waste time and energy? These people are no one - -so go about your best life. But noooOOOoooOO, she was determined. Then her boss put her on a 60 day improvement plan. Then after 60 days, they extended it another 30 days. and extended it 30 days again. I told her...that is DEFINITELY them making a paper trail to fire her. She said she knows...but she just wants to finish the project for herself now and blah blah blah.

So she goes to work yesterday. They call her in to do her improvement plan check up. They said she has done great work, made great strides, got the project back on track and up to speed, yada yada yada....but they are going a different direction for the future and think it's best to part ways. She said cool...let me grab a handful of things (because she already cleared out most of the stuff in her desk a few weeks back).

I was working from home yesterday...was on a conference call when she walked in. I asked, why are you home so early? She said they let me go, then broke down into tears. I said, fuck it...hopped off the call, opened a bottle of wine to celebrate (because she has literally said she hates her boss everyday for the past 6-7 months), and just listened to her. I always feel like a bad husband in these situations...I find it hard to care when I do not see it as an issue. And it annoyed the fuck outta me when she was like...Oh, I need to call ____ to make sure he remembers to do ____, or I caught her trying to sign into some work system to make sure that ___ and ___ were submitted, but she couldn't remember the password because it was saved on her work computer.

...Nyoooope. Mother FUCK that company...I hope corona makes them go bankrupt...

I HOPE they call her next week with questions about the project or some random loose ends. I'm gonna pick up her phone [as her assistant] and tell them that there is a consultancy service fee of $300/hr (or $1800 minimum) PER CALL.

Either way...I told my wife, to apply for unemployment benefits on Tuesday, and she has until February to bum around...then she has to apply herself to something -- even if that is just an exercise regimen and reading some books while looking for something new (which funny enough -- she SHOULD have something lined up that will result in a $20-30k pay bump and us moving. I have something back-burner-ing too if it works out that way).

tl;dr -- Life at the KillaCross household is good.
Last edited by killacross on Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mongor

Post by Mongor »

Last edited by Mongor on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Killa, my wife said she's sorry about what happened to your wife. We were just telling each other that life is too short from an argument and you guys came up. We said it's funny how we talk about personal real life issues on the net and never met. Then I told her we been doing this for years since high school/coolege/uni. She was surprised lol.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Hope she enjoys her much-needed break, sounds like a pretty toxic work environment and I'm glad she got out. Definitely get the unemployment, and I hope her next job goes much better. I've got a friend in a similar situation, and she's also sticking with them for whatever reason.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Thanks for the care, concern, and well wishes guys! ...And the only part that makes it "weird" to me San is that we don't know real names....but anonymity has it's advantages. I don't think doxing is a concern in our little internet community

Welp -- today is the day we implement our plan to batten down the hatches. It's gonna be a doozy...it's very complicated

#1. I will log in to my company's website and enroll in the needed benefits (medical & dental)
#2. We will lower the amount we are investing weekly

Done.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

WandaVision is weird.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Killacross, fuck that company. You have a great wife there though, with lots of pride. That’s a very good character trait in most cases.
I hope she finds something better and enjoys her little time off.

Now on too something more fun. Has anyone read the latest one piece chapter. Man that chapter had me dying. Funniest and coolest chapter I’ve read in a while.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:08 pm Killacross, fuck that company. You have a great wife there though, with lots of pride. That’s a very good character trait in most cases.

Now on too something more fun. Has anyone read the latest one piece chapter. Man that chapter had me dying. Funniest and coolest chapter I’ve read in a while.
Looking forward to this tag team fight in One Piece

Edit

Watching Lupin on Netflix in French and English subs, pretty good first episode.

Also watching new season of Attack on Titan. WTF THE WAR HAMMER TITAN IS AMAZING!
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:40 am
Haohmaru wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:08 pm Killacross, fuck that company. You have a great wife there though, with lots of pride. That’s a very good character trait in most cases.

Edit

Watching Lupin on Netflix in French and English subs, pretty good first episode.

Also watching new season of Attack on Titan. WTF THE WAR HAMMER TITAN IS AMAZING!
Which Lupin are you watching? good old Lupin the 3rd? or the newer release, the Mine Fujiko saga?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:46 am
San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:40 am

Edit

Which Lupin are you watching? good old Lupin the 3rd? or the newer release, the Mine Fujiko saga?
Newer one about a Senegalese-French man in France who wants to be Lupin.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm skeptical...but open

here we go in 3....2......1!!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Man, I am not surprised but I'm still so annoyed at how overjoyed people are for having the first black female VP so they ignore what a terrible human being she is and that she was so unpopular that shw dropped oit before her state voted.

Whenever people praise her I am like, "This woman made a career out of throwing black dudes in prison."
killacross

Post by killacross »

...but just think about it

climate change will be solved
white supremacy will be vanquished
poverty will disappear
student loans will no longer be an issue
corona has run its course and will now be obsolete
women will finally make 1:1 to men
...and open borders are around the corner
oh, and hopefully, we can get rid of this nonsense, electoral college thing - because...I wanna live like Cali or NY

...that was all just the first day..just imagine what 1460 more will bring!!