There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Christmas was fun, way too much drinks and food for the amount of people there. We watched Tenet last night, pretty good movie. Just have to keep up with all the details going on then you will start to understand.
killacross

Post by killacross »

So my daughter had a blast. My wife had fun. I did not. I was insulted and offended...but decided to just drink some more and play dumb. Didn't want to be the one that ruined the fun. Maybe I am over reacting...but one of the gifts for my daughter was a picture frame with about 10 pics. It says something about "the family [my wife's maiden name]"...My wife's name and my daughter's name are written in fancy calligraphy...and every picture is my wife...my daughter...or my wife and daughter. Not a single picture of me. Also, my daughter's name is misspelled [it was this big issue when we chose her name and the family saying it should be spelled ____SS_ instead ____S_] -- this actually annoyed me more.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 am So my daughter had a blast. My wife had fun. I did not. I was insulted and offended...but decided to just drink some more and play dumb. Didn't want to be the one that ruined the fun. Maybe I am over reacting...but one of the gifts for my daughter was a picture frame with about 10 pics. It says something about "the family [my wife's maiden name]"...My wife's name and my daughter's name are written in fancy calligraphy...and every picture is my wife...my daughter...or my wife and daughter. Not a single picture of me. Also, my daughter's name is misspelled [it was this big issue when we chose her name and the family saying it should be spelled ____SS_ instead ____S_] -- this actually annoyed me more.
Your in-laws clearly don't respect you but we all knew that. I don't think you've ever mentioned them doing some thing truly altruistic.

Wonder Woman 1984 was...okay. It was entirely predictable and the visual effects were kinda trash. The actors...minus Kristen Wiig were fine, they played their roles well. Chris Pine is still the strongest actor.

I will say that this film is the best Wiig has ever looked in film or TV but trying to put an almost 50-year-old woman against the 35-year-old genetic masterpiece that is Gal Gadot wouldn't have been my choice. I would've went for an equally or near equally attractive woman and uggoed her up so that when her abilities start to manifest and she becomes attractive she really became attractive.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Was gonna say the same.. WW84 was whelming at best.

As for the in laws.. Cutting them off 100% financially in 2021.if my wife wants to help from her cash flow /savings... Go for it. But it limits the scale drastically when we don't work together.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:21 am
killacross wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 am So my daughter had a blast. My wife had fun. I did not. I was insulted and offended...but decided to just drink some more and play dumb. Didn't want to be the one that ruined the fun. Maybe I am over reacting...but one of the gifts for my daughter was a picture frame with about 10 pics. It says something about "the family [my wife's maiden name]"...My wife's name and my daughter's name are written in fancy calligraphy...and every picture is my wife...my daughter...or my wife and daughter. Not a single picture of me. Also, my daughter's name is misspelled [it was this big issue when we chose her name and the family saying it should be spelled ____SS_ instead ____S_] -- this actually annoyed me more.
Your in-laws clearly don't respect you but we all knew that. I don't think you've ever mentioned them doing somersault truly altruistic.

Wonder Woman 1984 was...okay. It was entirely predictable and the visual effects were kinda trash. The actors...minus Kristen Wiig were fine, they played their roles well. Chris Pine is still the strongest actor.

I will say that this film is the best Wiig has ever looked in film or TV but trying to put an almost 50-year-old woman against the 35-year-old genetic masterpiece that is Gal Gadot wouldn't have been my choice. I would've went for an equally or near equally attractive woman and uggoed her up so that when her abilities start to manifest and she becomes attractive she really became attractive.
We are planning on watching WW and Soul after the basketball game.

@killa I just have to smh and I lol'd. I would have said out loud "Where the he'll am I, this is crap?" Just to see their reactions.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Angry Joe (spoilers) review actually sums up WW84 well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BLUEeEKFJs
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I felt WW84 was a summary of 2020 complete chaos, irrational emotional thinking with this pandemic, very fitting for the times we are living in.

I thought the sequel was more entertaining than the first movie but like the first movie again they could have had more action and a bit less dialogue. I can understand why people in the comic book community thought it was crap. The plot was generic yes, kind of what we would see in a Justice League episode.

After the basketball game it was getting late and I ended up being the only one to watch the movie. Everyone fell asleep on the couch.

Probably try to watch Soul today.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:54 pm I felt WW84 was a summary of 2020 complete chaos, irrational emotional thinking with this pandemic, very fitting for the times we are living in.

I thought the sequel was more entertaining than the first movie but like the first movie again they could have had more action and a bit less dialogue. I can understand why people in the comic book community thought it was crap. The plot was generic yes, kind of what we would see in a Justice League episode.
Keep in mind...she raped someone in this film. Also everyone thought it was crap...not just comic fans.

This move is like The Force Awakens and other films where it took a little while to process and as I watch other reviews it definitely becomes clear that this film was complete shit.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:53 am
San Goku wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:54 pm I felt WW84 was a summary of 2020 complete chaos, irrational emotional thinking with this pandemic, very fitting for the times we are living in.

Keep in mind...she raped someone in this film. Also everyone thought it was crap...not just comic fans.

This move is like The Force Awakens and other films where it took a little while to process and as I watch other reviews it definitely becomes clear that this film was complete shit.
Wait wut, where did the rape take part again?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Steve's soul returned into some random guy's body. We have no idea what happened to that man's soul. She had sex with Steve while in that body...a body that didn't belong to him. So she had sex with a man without his consent...using his body as her personal sex doll while he wasn't in any position to give consent.

At one point when Steve (being the only responsible adult in the room) is trying to get her to renounce her wish and live a life by loving again he even says, "What about this guy?" (pointing at himself) and she says she doesn't want him. Of course, she's still willing to bang his body so long as Steve inhabits it.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I offer myself as tribute.

... Jus sayin'
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

To Gal Gadot? most definitely...

Discussing rapey scenes in movies, Revenge of the Nerds... that whole movie is filled with sexual assault and rape
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:19 am To Gal Gadot? most definitely...

Discussing rapey scenes in movies, Revenge of the Nerds... that whole movie is filled with sexual assault and rape
Agreed, but Patty Jenkins should have known a lot better.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

If you go back in the history of films you will definitely find rapey behavior all of the place. But still society treats sexual predation of men as a joke.

I mean outside of one line by Diana they completely shrug off the fact that this man's soul is simply not there. Fuck that guy amirite? They couldn't even give him a name he is simply "Handsome Man" in the credits.

I know it is a tired troupe but we all know had the reverse happened this movie wouldn't have been made. Plus within the story it makes no damn sense. Literal walls appear out of the ground from nowhere, nukes and cows appear from nowhere yet somehow the stone couldn't bring back Steve in his own body?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:54 pm
San Goku wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Steve's soul returned into some random guy's body. We have no idea what happened to that man's soul. She had sex with Steve while in that body...a body that didn't belong to him. So she had sex with a man without his consent...using his body as her personal sex doll while he wasn't in any position to give consent.

At one point when Steve (being the only responsible adult in the room) is trying to get her to renounce her wish and live a life by loving again he even says, "What about this guy?" (pointing at himself) and she says she doesn't want him. Of course, she's still willing to bang his body so long as Steve inhabits it.

ah yes I see what you are saying. That is definitely rape! You know what is rape too that society never talks about. If a dude has a sex change and doesn't disclose that to another dude he is trying to sleep with. I put that up there with 2 drunk people having sex and then the female later says she was rape because she had too much to drink.

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:20 am If you go back in the history of films you will definitely find rapey behavior all of the place. But still society treats sexual predation of men as a joke.

I mean outside of one line by Diana they completely shrug off the fact that this man's soul is simply not there. Fuck that guy amirite? They couldn't even give him a name he is simply "Handsome Man" in the credits.

I know it is a tired troupe but we all know had the reverse happened this movie wouldn't have been made. Plus within the story it makes no damn sense. Literal walls appear out of the ground from nowhere, nukes and cows appear from nowhere yet somehow the stone couldn't bring back Steve in his own body?
To be fair it is a cursed power from a God with the whole wall appearing out of no where, a bit extreme but meh I wasn't bothered by it much. I will say the criticism is warranted. They could have made a quick scene showing the handsome man soul trapped in some dimension.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

boston dynamics' latest video

so when the robots kill off humanity, they're going to be doing the mash potatoes on our corpses
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ I heard that Hyundai bought Boston Dynamics. With semiconductor companies becoming more advanced in chip development it's not so farfetched to think robotics can kill off humankind. If we ever create the holodeck, we will all become zombies. I'll check that vid in a bit.

Edit

Oh ya, Soul was a great movie. Their concept of string theory and quantum physics and how that ties into the soul/consciousness of a human being was interesting. Great movie for all ages, my mother was contempt that the movie was silly because it was animated but she ended up liking it lol.

Edit

Those are some advanced human movements that they have the robots performing. A.I is advancing a lot. I want to see the video they are not showing where they operate weapons.
killacross

Post by killacross »

ITT: Robots practicing dancing on human graves
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:25 pm ITT: Robots practicing dancing on human graves
This comment was funny and scary at the same time. I just envisioned a world 200+ years in the future of this outcome.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pm ^^ I heard that Hyundai bought Boston Dynamics. With semiconductor companies becoming more advanced in chip development it's not so farfetched to think robotics can kill off humankind. If we ever create the holodeck, we will all become zombies. I'll check that vid in a bit.
Yep, they did.
San Goku wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pmThose are some advanced human movements that they have the robots performing. A.I is advancing a lot. I want to see the video they are not showing where they operate weapons.
I might be talking out of my ass, but I believe they don't have AI actually operate the weapons yet. They'll have the AI do everything else with the weapon (aim, etc.), but actually firing it is still in human hands - in the US at least. I assume it's the next level of MAD - try to wipe us off the map, we enable the AI to actually fire our shit and we'll unleash them on everyone. Potential terrorist move too, I imagine.