There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

I messed up my shoulder earlier this year

I lost 80lbs last year by controlling my caloric intake...and OVER exercise. Apparently I had bad form because I ground down the cartilage in my left shoulder until it was bone-on-bone contact (no homo).

I thought I was just working through the pain until I couldn't anymore. Went to the doc...got Xrays and a CAT or MRI (don't remember which) and they showed me the damage. Went to a rehab center and they gave me rubber bands to do exercises to make those muscles stronger to pull my shit back into place. This was April...they told me to stop the exercise until August at the earliest and I should recover (the pain was gone in August, but things were a little tender). That got me out of routine and then I went to Germany for a month where we ate steaks/pork/heavy and often...and drink at least 2L of beer a night. I gained almost 40lbs back. I came back early October and have lost 15 lbs since (from switching back to a moderate diet)...but MAN was that self-defeating. Getting back from our anniversary trip Friday...and starting again on Sunday. Strict and healthy diet + moderate exercise. I am going to lose at least 50 lbs from my current weight...I'm getting a 6 pack by next anniversary trip (COVID better be gone by then)...and making my wife jealous with the looks I get on the beach from all the bitches :shock: 8-) :twisted: :twisted: .

Finally...HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!! TAL is 1 year old...again!!

**EDIT**
Just watched the Fresh Prince Reunion
...If Will comes out with a secret history like Bill..I'm losing it :lol: :lol:
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:52 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:52 am God damn my left arm is still numb. Surgery ended like 6 hours ago. I can move my fingers and my shoulder is starting to hurt a little meaning this stuff has got to be wearing off.

Apparently it has more to do with my arm and shoulder being so tightly wrapped up.
What exactly did they have to do with your shoulder if you don't mind me asking. Did you feel pain and they said something tore inside?
When I was 15 I broke my shoulder and had surgery. Fast forward years and around 2 years ago I kept having constant pain in the same shoulder. Over the summer of this year I finally decided to do something about it. This lead to surgery. I was believed that I had a SLAP tear and that the ball and socket cartilage has been worn down.

Turns out that both are true BUT the tear isn't much and not the cause of pain. I had a bone fragment from my initial surgery 20 years ago that chipped off and grew over time. They removed the fragment.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:38 pm I messed up my shoulder earlier this year

I lost 80lbs last year by controlling my caloric intake...and OVER exercise. Apparently I had bad form because I ground down the cartilage in my left shoulder until it was bone-on-bone contact (no homo).

I thought I was just working through the pain until I couldn't anymore. Went to the doc...got Xrays and a CAT or MRI (don't remember which) and they showed me the damage. Went to a rehab center and they gave me rubber bands to do exercises to make those muscles stronger to pull my shit back into place. This was April...they told me to stop the exercise until August at the earliest and I should recover (the pain was gone in August, but things were a little tender). That got me out of routine and then I went to Germany for a month where we ate steaks/pork/heavy and often...and drink at least 2L of beer a night. I gained almost 40lbs back. I came back early October and have lost 15 lbs since (from switching back to a moderate diet)...but MAN was that self-defeating. Getting back from our anniversary trip Friday...and starting again on Sunday. Strict and healthy diet + moderate exercise. I am going to lose at least 50 lbs from my current weight...I'm getting a 6 pack by next anniversary trip (COVID better be gone by then)...and making my wife jealous with the looks I get on the beach from all the bitches :shock: 8-) :twisted: :twisted: .

Finally...HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!! TAL is 1 year old...again!!

**EDIT**
Just watched the Fresh Prince Reunion
...If Will comes out with a secret history like Bill..I'm losing it :lol: :lol:
Bruh tell me you weren't teary eyed when watching Fresh Prince. I actually respect Will a lot more. He didn't have to do any of that. His money and legacy is cemented.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The Uncle Phil part got me in the feels. Didn't get teary-eyed... But got a lump in my throat.

The Janet Hubert part annoyed me. You could tell she had a lot more to say, but was holding back because she didn't want Will to ruin her again. Granted... None of us know what really happened there.. But Will forgave her for being fired... Teh fuck?

But man... Show definitely created a legacy that impacted a ton of us growing up
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Happy Thanksgiving nerds, anyone have any fun?
killacross

Post by killacross »

I did not. But this year was definitely better than last.

My wife has taught me to keep my mouth shut and just observe my family. So..my parents are idiots...my brother is an idiot. His family is great though! Love them all...but definitely gotta monitor them around my daughter in the future. I thought I had issues...but JFC!!

This was the FIRST time I didn't participate in the nonsense. FEELS GOOD MAN.jpg And good food...and my daughter loved having all the space to run around and play.

What about you all?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Happy Thanksgiving to my TAL fam.
killacross wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:13 am I did not. But this year was definitely better than last.

My wife has taught me to keep my mouth shut and just observe my family. So..my parents are idiots...my brother is an idiot. His family is great though! Love them all...but definitely gotta monitor them around my daughter in the future. I thought I had issues...but JFC!!

This was the FIRST time I didn't participate in the nonsense. FEELS GOOD MAN.jpg And good food...and my daughter loved having all the space to run around and play.

What about you all?
Janet's story adds up cause when they showed the clip of her being pregnant, I was like Oooh that makes sense. Especially now that I'm a man and had to see the full process a woman has to go through, I was like ya her mood swings were probably through the roof. On top of the fact that she was in an abusive relationship.

You could debate weather she deserved to be fired, I would lean on the side of maybe but did she deserve to have her career cancelled? Nah, she was very talented and vibrant back in the day. You didn't see a lot of dark skinned black woman in that type of role, it was legendary how they all came together.

I thought it was cool that the 2 aunt Vivs met for the first time. I don't know why there was a debate. I wanted to give it to them both back in the day. Especially Hilary and Ashley!
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:02 am Happy Thanksgiving nerds, anyone have any fun?
Y'all already know I'm a Debbie Downer so...

In my wife's words:

"I have to isolate and have Thanksgiving by myself so that I can take care of all of the people who decide to get their whole families together because they can't listen to experts and follow basic guidance."

<Cue music>
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:35 pm Janet's story adds up cause when they showed the clip of her being pregnant, I was like Oooh that makes sense. Especially now that I'm a man and had to see the full process a woman has to go through, I was like ya her mood swings were probably through the roof. On top of the fact that she was in an abusive relationship.

You could debate weather she deserved to be fired, I would lean on the side of maybe but did she deserve to have her career cancelled? Nah, she was very talented and vibrant back in the day. You didn't see a lot of dark skinned black woman in that type of role, it was legendary how they all came together.

I thought it was cool that the 2 aunt Vivs met for the first time. I don't know why there was a debate. I wanted to give it to them both back in the day. Especially Hilary and Ashley!
she said they gave her a trash deal because she was about to be out for maternity leave. She CHOSE not to accept the deal (thinking she had some type of clout that would put them into a corner).. She IMPLIED that when they approached Will (the one with the clout/power)...he didn't back her up. Now..the other part of him ruining her career -- it sounds like he was a dumb kid who THOUGHT he was being coy when he said "She's being difficult"

but obviously more happened than that if they haven't spoken for 30 years
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:39 pm
superbob wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:02 am Happy Thanksgiving nerds, anyone have any fun?
Y'all already know I'm a Debbie Downer so...

In my wife's words:

"I have to isolate and have Thanksgiving by myself so that I can take care of all of the people who decide to get their whole families together because they can't listen to experts and follow basic guidance."

<Cue music>
My cousin is an emergency medicine doctor at one of the major area hospitals, so since he had his first day off in two weeks yesterday i dropped off some thanksgiving food to make their day easier.

That being said, my boss was attending his inlaws thanksgiving celebrations since they all don't believe in how bad covid is, even though they're all quite overweight... Should be interesting to see what happens there as, with children, there was going to be about 40 of them (white catholics)...
killacross

Post by killacross »

What if nothing happens to them? What will you say then?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xxxxx (fights over, not sure about the legality of posting one of these up but I really don't care too much so i'll delete the links afterwards...)

Tyson v Roy Jones
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:08 amMy cousin is an emergency medicine doctor at one of the major area hospitals, so since he had his first day off in two weeks yesterday i dropped off some thanksgiving food to make their day easier.

That being said, my boss was attending his inlaws thanksgiving celebrations since they all don't believe in how bad covid is, even though they're all quite overweight... Should be interesting to see what happens there as, with children, there was going to be about 40 of them (white catholics)...
People dying in the hospital still calling it fake. I can't even comprehend it.
killacross wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:19 am What if nothing happens to them? What will you say then?
That they're lucky, especially if all of those kids are physically going to school.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:11 am xxxxx (fights over, not sure about the legality of posting one of these up but I really don't care too much so i'll delete the links afterwards...)

Tyson v Roy Jones
While it was called a draw, Tyson definitely won that fight. If you didn't look at his face, his body looked like a mid 30's former champion, not someone who is 54. Jones on the other hand, definitely looked like he was gassed by the end of the second round.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:48 am

EDIT: No...no...no. You're not sucking me in. Not today, Satan...NOT TODAY!
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:16 am
San Goku wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:11 am xxxxx (fights over, not sure about the legality of posting one of these up but I really don't care too much so i'll delete the links afterwards...)

Tyson v Roy Jones
While it was called a draw, Tyson definitely won that fight. If you didn't look at his face, his body looked like a mid 30's former champion, not someone who is 54. Jones on the other hand, definitely looked like he was gassed by the end of the second round.
Tyson looked amazing, I was really impressed at his speed and power for his age. He's definitely a legend for a reason. If you didn't see him in his prime you get a glimpse at just how good he was. I have Tyson winning every single round. It was great entertainment, Snoops commentating had me dying. Former NBA star Nate Robinson getting knocked out cold was the cherry on top.
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:42 am

:D :D :D
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:42 am

Haha, wasn't trying to pull anyone in... it's a factual statement. There really are people dying from it that are saying it doesn't exist, and I have a hard time wrapping my head around that other than to say "too much Facebook." That's writing a serious problem off with a much-too-flippant statement, so I just left it as my own inadequacy. Sorry if I conveyed that poorly.

If you were going to make a joke at my expense... do it. I left that door WIDE open :)
killacross

Post by killacross »

There are ALWAYS extremes. There will ALWAYS be extremes

in this instance...you are quoting some of the most extreme examples...and even then...nothing about anyone's statements in the thread remotely segued into that statement.

it would have been the exact same if he said I wonder how my boss and family will make out...and someone said..."Man, they are making such a huge deal out of this when people are asymptomatic carriers" -- it's diametrically opposite of what you said...and just as true
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:30 am There are ALWAYS extremes. There will ALWAYS be extremes

in this instance...you are quoting some of the most extreme examples...and even then...nothing about anyone's statements in the thread remotely segued into that statement.

it would have been the exact same if he said I wonder how my boss and family will make out...and someone said..."Man, they are making such a huge deal out of this when people are asymptomatic carriers" -- it's diametrically opposite of what you said...and just as true
He said that the people he knew didn't think COVID was as bad as it is... I just mentioned that I've read/heard accounts of people who are even worse and I don't understand it. It's a progression? Is "I know that's bad, but there's something even worse!" not still usable banter? Not trying to be snarky, just don't know where I didn't communicate that well.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I guess it escalated too quickly for me then...but I can see what you were saying
my fault...I interpreted it in bad faith. Because I didn't see it as..you think THAT'S bad..you should hear about this
I read it as -- everyone who says it isn't as bad is obviously the same as this most extreme [non-sensical] example

Edit: When people say white people have no culture...I'm linking this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJev1Rr ... e=emb_logo

Checkmate