DC universe...

killacross
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by killacross » Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:04 am
It should be mentioned that this is the last film in this whole 8 year run of films which started with The Flashpoint Paradox.
Whatever comes next will be completely unrelated to this which may be why they did what they did.
that would have satiated me before
....but then Matrix 3 came out....but then Xmen 3 came out...but then Spiderman 3 came out...but then Ironman 3 came out...but then but then X-Men Dark Phoenix came out...hell, but then Dark Knight 3 came out

I've trusted these studios before when they tried to wipe the slate and reboot the franchise...but they've lied to me

San Goku
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by San Goku » Sun May 24, 2020 2:05 pm

killacross wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:25 pm
San Goku wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Booo, what didn't you like about it?

It's the same old crap...

Cant do anything unless Superman is there to bail them out

The same dark and gritty and edgy, formulaic nonsense that Batman Begins started 10 or 15 ago...the profanity was just silly. But not silly for silliness' sake like Deadpool

Also, I'm tired of the Green Lantern Corps being treated like fodder to show how "strong" the current threat is. They have protected the UNIVERSE for 100s/1000s of years.

They killed off 90% of the heroes... And mutilated the other 8%...ya know, except for Bats and Supes... They came out unscathed.. Because... Reasons

...And then the ending...They wrote themselves into such a corner that all they could do was hit the reset button so that all of the sacrifices and stakes that got us to the end of the movie, immediately evaporate into the ether. When the end credits roll.. The whole thing was essentially pointless

I'm gonna go back and watch Under the Red Hood. I STILL think that was the best DCAU to date... Followed very closely by Flashpoint Paradox
Can't really disagree with that but with the last couple of movies other characters have been making significant contributions like Constantine. They do/did really SHIT on the Lantern Core, it was pretty embarrassing.

I gotta think about what was my favorite DC movie, there has been so many over so many years. Flash Point was great, the last Apocalypse movie might be my favorite where Wonder Woman cut Darkseid's eye. I think there was one Teen Titans movie that was dope too.

We need more Swamp Thing, I like the cameos. It's funny cause I was thinking with his powers he should technically be able to heal the planet over time. I assume he survived his battle.

eddieson
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by eddieson » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:47 pm

So Arrowverse lost both Batwoman and Elongated Man. I wonder who's next.

Digital Masta
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: DC universe...

Post by Digital Masta » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:06 pm

Ah yes...cancel culture. I saw some of the tweets, they are very James Gunn-ish in way of humor in that dude is being an edgelord and the jokes aren't actually funny. I have a hard time believing that the CW didn't know about this before they hired him. The woman that exposed the tweets, Skai Jackson is clearly just a terrible human being. She's 18 and is right in the age range for zommers that were raised on this cancel culture bullshit. It's his actions that matter not almost decade old tweets. Has he ever done anything racist or sexist? Is there anything out there of him actually doing these kinds of things to people? Let's see how many of his former cast mates throw him under the bus. They've worked with him for a few years now and not only that, half the main cast is black on The Flash. How many of them are gonna stand up for this guy?


EDIT: Aaaand Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell throw him under the bus.

San Goku
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by San Goku » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:06 pm
Ah yes...cancel culture. I saw some of the tweets, they are very James Gunn-ish in way of humor in that dude is being an edgelord and the jokes aren't actually funny. I have a hard time believing that the CW didn't know about this before they hired him. The woman that exposed the tweets, Skai Jackson is clearly just a terrible human being. She's 18 and is right in the age range for zommers that were raised on this cancel culture bullshit. It's his actions that matter not almost decade old tweets. Has he ever done anything racist or sexist? Is there anything out there of him actually doing these kinds of things to people? Let's see how many of his former cast mates throw him under the bus. They've worked with him for a few years now and not only that, half the main cast is black on The Flash. How many of them are gonna stand up for this guy?


EDIT: Aaaand Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell throw him under the bus.
Lol, do you have a link to this?

Holy Cowboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:04 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by Holy Cowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:45 pm

https://www.eonline.com/news/1159641/th ... r-is-fired

One of the few good things left in Arrowverse is Legends of Tomorrow. Slowly, but surely it will eventually hit it.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: DC universe...

Post by xandorxerxes » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:48 pm

I don't get it. These guys are public personalities. How have they not scrubbed their social media after the same thing happened to so many people already? Every actor/actress should just delete anything over a year old right now.

Holy Cowboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:04 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by Holy Cowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:02 pm

They don't think that they will be hit up for anything over a year old. Kinda like people digging up interviews from years ago to dig on Trump. ( grab 'em by the pussy ).

xandorxerxes
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: DC universe...

Post by xandorxerxes » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:47 pm

Holy Cowboy wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:02 pm
They don't think that they will be hit up for anything over a year old. Kinda like people digging up interviews from years ago to dig on Trump. ( grab 'em by the pussy ).
Looks like they're from 2012 and 2014 in this case:
One shows a tweet from 2012 which read, "The only thing keeping me from doing mildly racist tweets is the knowledge that Al Sharpton would never stop complaining about me" and another from 2014 which read, "Enjoyed a secret boob viewing at an audition today."

Two other tweets from 2012 read, "As a lad, one of my favorite activities was kidnapping homeless women and cutting off their breasts" and "Date rape myself so I don't have to masturbate."
One of the kids on the baseball team I follow got roasted for tweeting the 'n-word,' and the tweet was from years prior when he was still in school and he was quoting a song he liked. It's nuts.

killacross
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by killacross » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:33 pm

and here I am never getting on teh whole social media thing

...never really interested me...and the people that I gave 2 fucks about stayed in contact (until they didnt)

San Goku
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by San Goku » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:46 pm

Holy Cowboy wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:45 pm
https://www.eonline.com/news/1159641/th ... r-is-fired

One of the few good things left in Arrowverse is Legends of Tomorrow. Slowly, but surely it will eventually hit it.
Just read some of his tweet *face palm* you can't have those tweets up when you are at that level. Maybe he is a racist, I don't feel sorry for him. I did like his character though, thought he brought the right humor to the mix.


San Goku
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by San Goku » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm

I'm more hyped for Doom Patrol after this trailer. Didn't care to watch it before.

Glad to see Darksied, didn't know that was him w/o reading the comments.

eddieson
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by eddieson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:33 am

San Goku wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm
I'm more hyped for Doom Patrol after this trailer. Didn't care to watch it before.

Glad to see Darksied, didn't know that was him w/o reading the comments.
You haven't seen Doom Patrol yet? You should cause it's a really good show. As is DC Universe's Harley Quinn which ends it's second season this Friday.

Digital Masta
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: DC universe...

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:27 am

San Goku wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm
I'm more hyped for Doom Patrol after this trailer. Didn't care to watch it before.

Glad to see Darksied, didn't know that was him w/o reading the comments.
That's him as Uaxs, his name before he bcame Darkseid. Even if the Snyder cut isn't good it will automatically be better than the theater version.

Digital Masta
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: DC universe...

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:46 am

Ray Fisher just went in on Joss Whedon.

eddieson
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by eddieson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:07 am

They finally announced that the remaining shows on DC Universe are gonna be moved to HBO Max.

eddieson
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by eddieson » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:04 pm


San Goku
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by San Goku » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Video no longer available. What was this?

eddieson
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: DC universe...

Post by eddieson » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:02 pm

San Goku wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:49 pm
Video no longer available. What was this?
Leaked Snyder cut justice league trailer that is supposed to debut on DC fandome later today.

Post Reply