Playstation thread ???

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 pm

eddieson wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 am
Colep924 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:52 pm
eddieson wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:31 am


I loved it until I got distracted away from it. Heard they added a increased difficulty mode and have plans for a multiplayer.
I don’t know what it is about this game, but I just can’t really get into it. Finished the first act almost a month ago and haven’t touched it since
I haven't touched it in like a little over a month too, but that's because I've been on a Cyberpunk 2077 hype mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_D1qlwOp0
I loved The Witcher but I’m gonna hold off on getting hyped about Cyberpunk. Just hasn’t really gotten my interest

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:47 pm

San Goku wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:38 pm
Watched about 31 minutes on Friday of live play trailers for PS5 exclusives. I thought Spinder-Man would be the biggest release but it will probably be Hogwarts! That time loop game looks cool too.
God of War Ragnarok too!!! I’m hyped for the PS5 man

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Colep924 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 pm
eddieson wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 am
Colep924 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:52 pm


I don’t know what it is about this game, but I just can’t really get into it. Finished the first act almost a month ago and haven’t touched it since
I haven't touched it in like a little over a month too, but that's because I've been on a Cyberpunk 2077 hype mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_D1qlwOp0
I loved The Witcher but I’m gonna hold off on getting hyped about Cyberpunk. Just hasn’t really gotten my interest
I've been hyped for this for like 8 years now. And starting this summer was when they started the advertising which picks up next month.

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am

eddieson wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 pm
eddieson wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 am


I haven't touched it in like a little over a month too, but that's because I've been on a Cyberpunk 2077 hype mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7_D1qlwOp0
I loved The Witcher but I’m gonna hold off on getting hyped about Cyberpunk. Just hasn’t really gotten my interest
I've been hyped for this for like 8 years now. And starting this summer was when they started the advertising which picks up next month.
I’ll probably get it, but with the PS5 right around the corner I just don’t have much excitement for it. Demons Souls remake on launch has me hyped, though I doubt I’ll be able to get a PS5 right away.

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Colep924 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am
eddieson wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 pm


I loved The Witcher but I’m gonna hold off on getting hyped about Cyberpunk. Just hasn’t really gotten my interest
I've been hyped for this for like 8 years now. And starting this summer was when they started the advertising which picks up next month.
I’ll probably get it, but with the PS5 right around the corner I just don’t have much excitement for it. Demons Souls remake on launch has me hyped, though I doubt I’ll be able to get a PS5 right away.
CDPR is giving those who get the xbox one and ps4 version the series x and ps5 update/upgrade for free. and the series x and ps5 versions will cost the usual 59.99. There won't be any sales or discounts for over a year. The only ps5 game I'm really interested in is the spidey one, but that's coming to the ps4 too.

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:52 pm

eddieson wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:41 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am
eddieson wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm


I've been hyped for this for like 8 years now. And starting this summer was when they started the advertising which picks up next month.
I’ll probably get it, but with the PS5 right around the corner I just don’t have much excitement for it. Demons Souls remake on launch has me hyped, though I doubt I’ll be able to get a PS5 right away.
CDPR is giving those who get the xbox one and ps4 version the series x and ps5 update/upgrade for free. and the series x and ps5 versions will cost the usual 59.99. There won't be any sales or discounts for over a year. The only ps5 game I'm really interested in is the spidey one, but that's coming to the ps4 too.
But there were so many great reveals. Honestly, Spider-Man is one of the games I’m least excited for. It’s apparently gonna be really short compared to Spider-Man PS4.

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Colep924 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:52 pm
eddieson wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:41 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am


I’ll probably get it, but with the PS5 right around the corner I just don’t have much excitement for it. Demons Souls remake on launch has me hyped, though I doubt I’ll be able to get a PS5 right away.
CDPR is giving those who get the xbox one and ps4 version the series x and ps5 update/upgrade for free. and the series x and ps5 versions will cost the usual 59.99. There won't be any sales or discounts for over a year. The only ps5 game I'm really interested in is the spidey one, but that's coming to the ps4 too.
But there were so many great reveals. Honestly, Spider-Man is one of the games I’m least excited for. It’s apparently gonna be really short compared to Spider-Man PS4.
It's like a mini game similar to what that Last of Us and Uncharted games were.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by xandorxerxes » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:16 pm

Now that PS5s are dropping, I imagine 4's will be going on sale. Had a few questions:

1) Just to verify, is there a good library of games there? I assume it is.
1b) Know of any good tactical rpgs (a la fft/etc)?
2) Did they ever add any sort of backwards compatibility for me to play my ps3 games, or do I have to rebuy digital copies?
3) Is VR worthwhile at all, or should I keep looking more towards a vive?
4) Any other perks/concerns I should know about?

Thanks!

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:00 am

As far as games PS4 had a better library of them compared to the Xbox one.

I didn't even know of that genre so I'm gonna say maybe?

There will never be full backwards compatibility with PS3 games because of the cell processor used for that, but they did come up with a streaming work around called PS Now. It's also how you'll be able to play PS2 games since they too have the whole hardware problem.

Never used VR.

Free PS4 games through PS Plus will likely continue for a few more years, but you only get to keep the games so long as you're subscribed to the service since they're digital copies. I don't know if many really use it, but there is a remote play feature on the PS4 that lets you play the games on a computer anywhere in the world as long as you have a PS4 controller, the app on the pc and your PS4 is on.

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:14 am

So Cyberpunk ain’t doing so hot. I was always planning to wait for the PS5 version, but I know you were really excited about it eddieson.

Speaking of the PS5 though. My buddy managed to get one, tried it out a couple weeks ago, and it does not disappoint. First of all, Demons Souls looks and feel incredible. Second of all, the controller is a game changer. Anyone considering getting the new Xbox over the P5 should seriously reconsider (my friend actually has both) the controller is honestly more than enough to go with the PS5. Not to mention the fact the PlayStation has all the juicy exclusives.

Haohmaru
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Haohmaru » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:01 am

I must be one of the very few that prefers a smaller controller.
The ps3 controller was perfect IMO. The sticks were much looser than the ps4&5 controller, which is a game changer if you play a lot of FPS like I do.
For me the ps5 really doesn’t feel like a next gen console yet. Maybe it’s because I don’t have a next gen game. I play cod cw and modern warfare/warzone. The ray tracing really doesn’t do much for me.
I’ve seen footage of miles morales and demon souls. They look pretty good, but the next gen feel just isn’t there for me.
Like when we went from PS2 to ps3 and ps3 to ps4.

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 am

Colep924 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:14 am
So Cyberpunk ain’t doing so hot. I was always planning to wait for the PS5 version, but I know you were really excited about it eddieson.

Speaking of the PS5 though. My buddy managed to get one, tried it out a couple weeks ago, and it does not disappoint. First of all, Demons Souls looks and feel incredible. Second of all, the controller is a game changer. Anyone considering getting the new Xbox over the P5 should seriously reconsider (my friend actually has both) the controller is honestly more than enough to go with the PS5. Not to mention the fact the PlayStation has all the juicy exclusives.
Yeah I heard there were some major bugs and glitches on the console versions. I got it on the pc so there's some bugs and glitches but they're not nearly as game breaking as the console versions especially the base PS4 and Xbox one versions. Guess the investors kinda forced them to release the game before it was ready cause the report that it needed about 4-6 months more of polish and testing seems to be true. Though the pc version seems to be the most stable version and the best looking version if you can manage to get the hardware that was sold out cause of bots.

San Goku
Posts: 700
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by San Goku » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:04 pm

eddieson wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 am
Colep924 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:14 am
So Cyberpunk ain’t doing so hot. I was always planning to wait for the PS5 version, but I know you were really excited about it eddieson.

Speaking of the PS5 though. My buddy managed to get one, tried it out a couple weeks ago, and it does not disappoint. First of all, Demons Souls looks and feel incredible. Second of all, the controller is a game changer. Anyone considering getting the new Xbox over the P5 should seriously reconsider (my friend actually has both) the controller is honestly more than enough to go with the PS5. Not to mention the fact the PlayStation has all the juicy exclusives.
Yeah I heard there were some major bugs and glitches on the console versions. I got it on the pc so there's some bugs and glitches but they're not nearly as game breaking as the console versions especially the base PS4 and Xbox one versions. Guess the investors kinda forced them to release the game before it was ready cause the report that it needed about 4-6 months more of polish and testing seems to be true. Though the pc version seems to be the most stable version and the best looking version if you can manage to get the hardware that was sold out cause of bots.
https://www.techspot.com/news/87947-red ... entsOffset

About the glitches, check out the comments too, pretty interesting.

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:57 am

San Goku wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:04 pm
eddieson wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 am
Colep924 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:14 am
So Cyberpunk ain’t doing so hot. I was always planning to wait for the PS5 version, but I know you were really excited about it eddieson.

Speaking of the PS5 though. My buddy managed to get one, tried it out a couple weeks ago, and it does not disappoint. First of all, Demons Souls looks and feel incredible. Second of all, the controller is a game changer. Anyone considering getting the new Xbox over the P5 should seriously reconsider (my friend actually has both) the controller is honestly more than enough to go with the PS5. Not to mention the fact the PlayStation has all the juicy exclusives.
Yeah I heard there were some major bugs and glitches on the console versions. I got it on the pc so there's some bugs and glitches but they're not nearly as game breaking as the console versions especially the base PS4 and Xbox one versions. Guess the investors kinda forced them to release the game before it was ready cause the report that it needed about 4-6 months more of polish and testing seems to be true. Though the pc version seems to be the most stable version and the best looking version if you can manage to get the hardware that was sold out cause of bots.
https://www.techspot.com/news/87947-red ... entsOffset

About the glitches, check out the comments too, pretty interesting.
The problem with the AMD cpus is that the cores aren't having the work evenly distributed when compared to Intel cpus. Intel has the work spread even;y among all the cores but for AMD it seems to be every other core. Hopefully cdpr fixes that cause currently AMD has the better cpu out, but I don't really have that problem cause I'm using a Intel chip since the new AMD ones sold out in like 3 minutes. That said, cdpr is offering refunds till the 21st.

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:43 am

eddieson wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:57 am
San Goku wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:04 pm
eddieson wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 am


Yeah I heard there were some major bugs and glitches on the console versions. I got it on the pc so there's some bugs and glitches but they're not nearly as game breaking as the console versions especially the base PS4 and Xbox one versions. Guess the investors kinda forced them to release the game before it was ready cause the report that it needed about 4-6 months more of polish and testing seems to be true. Though the pc version seems to be the most stable version and the best looking version if you can manage to get the hardware that was sold out cause of bots.
https://www.techspot.com/news/87947-red ... entsOffset

About the glitches, check out the comments too, pretty interesting.
The problem with the AMD cpus is that the cores aren't having the work evenly distributed when compared to Intel cpus. Intel has the work spread even;y among all the cores but for AMD it seems to be every other core. Hopefully cdpr fixes that cause currently AMD has the better cpu out, but I don't really have that problem cause I'm using a Intel chip since the new AMD ones sold out in like 3 minutes. That said, cdpr is offering refunds till the 21st.
I’ve always been console only, but after playing Sekiro on my brothers PC about 2 weeks ago, I’ve been considering saving up for one. I honestly don’t know a damn thing about hooking a PC though so I’d have to do some research

San Goku
Posts: 700
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by San Goku » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Colep924 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:43 am
eddieson wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:57 am
San Goku wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:04 pm


https://www.techspot.com/news/87947-red ... entsOffset

About the glitches, check out the comments too, pretty interesting.
The problem with the AMD cpus is that the cores aren't having the work evenly distributed when compared to Intel cpus. Intel has the work spread even;y among all the cores but for AMD it seems to be every other core. Hopefully cdpr fixes that cause currently AMD has the better cpu out, but I don't really have that problem cause I'm using a Intel chip since the new AMD ones sold out in like 3 minutes. That said, cdpr is offering refunds till the 21st.
I’ve always been console only, but after playing Sekiro on my brothers PC about 2 weeks ago, I’ve been considering saving up for one. I honestly don’t know a damn thing about hooking a PC though so I’d have to do some research
I'm in need of a new computer, it will probably be a laptop. When I do get one it's going to be all AMD chips inside (CPU and GPU). The stuff I've been reading about them is crazy. Forget about the past, their current tech and upcoming future tech is unmatched.

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Colep924 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:43 am
I’ve always been console only, but after playing Sekiro on my brothers PC about 2 weeks ago, I’ve been considering saving up for one. I honestly don’t know a damn thing about hooking a PC though so I’d have to do some research
As I've said before in here, a lot of games are coming out for the Xbox series are coming out on pc and their controllers have worked on pc since the last gen as well, and even Sony has started releasing some of their games on pc as well. Consoles have been behind pcs in terms of graphics for years and have only just now gotten to the hard drives that pcs have had for years as well.
San Goku wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:20 pm
I'm in need of a new computer, it will probably be a laptop. When I do get one it's going to be all AMD chips inside (CPU and GPU). The stuff I've been reading about them is crazy. Forget about the past, their current tech and upcoming future tech is unmatched.
As of last month AMD released a better processor than Intel with their refined 7nm zen 3 architecture, but no company really seems to be optimizing their games to run the best they can for AMD cpus. That said Intel is supposed to be releasing their next refinement to their 14nm process early next year so who knows if AMD will stay on top. AMD recently put released their big Navi gpus that perform on par with or better than Nvidia's recently released rtx 3000 series gpus, but that's only when you don't factor in ray tracing or Nvidia's ai software dlss. The big Navi gpus are AMD's first cards to support ray tracing and aren't really t he best at it yet, whereas the rtx 3000 is Nvidia's second gen to do it.

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:52 am

eddieson wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:43 am
I’ve always been console only, but after playing Sekiro on my brothers PC about 2 weeks ago, I’ve been considering saving up for one. I honestly don’t know a damn thing about hooking a PC though so I’d have to do some research
As I've said before in here, a lot of games are coming out for the Xbox series are coming out on pc and their controllers have worked on pc since the last gen as well, and even Sony has started releasing some of their games on pc as well. Consoles have been behind pcs in terms of graphics for years and have only just now gotten to the hard drives that pcs have had for years as well.
San Goku wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:20 pm
I'm in need of a new computer, it will probably be a laptop. When I do get one it's going to be all AMD chips inside (CPU and GPU). The stuff I've been reading about them is crazy. Forget about the past, their current tech and upcoming future tech is unmatched.
As of last month AMD released a better processor than Intel with their refined 7nm zen 3 architecture, but no company really seems to be optimizing their games to run the best they can for AMD cpus. That said Intel is supposed to be releasing their next refinement to their 14nm process early next year so who knows if AMD will stay on top. AMD recently put released their big Navi gpus that perform on par with or better than Nvidia's recently released rtx 3000 series gpus, but that's only when you don't factor in ray tracing or Nvidia's ai software dlss. The big Navi gpus are AMD's first cards to support ray tracing and aren't really t he best at it yet, whereas the rtx 3000 is Nvidia's second gen to do it.
Honestly I don’t see myself switching to PCs, consoles always just seemed more convenient to me. Don’t have to worry about upgrades aside from stuff like PS4 pro. Plus I just have a love for PlayStation

eddieson
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by eddieson » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:39 am

Colep924 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:52 am
eddieson wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:43 am
I’ve always been console only, but after playing Sekiro on my brothers PC about 2 weeks ago, I’ve been considering saving up for one. I honestly don’t know a damn thing about hooking a PC though so I’d have to do some research
As I've said before in here, a lot of games are coming out for the Xbox series are coming out on pc and their controllers have worked on pc since the last gen as well, and even Sony has started releasing some of their games on pc as well. Consoles have been behind pcs in terms of graphics for years and have only just now gotten to the hard drives that pcs have had for years as well.
San Goku wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:20 pm
I'm in need of a new computer, it will probably be a laptop. When I do get one it's going to be all AMD chips inside (CPU and GPU). The stuff I've been reading about them is crazy. Forget about the past, their current tech and upcoming future tech is unmatched.
As of last month AMD released a better processor than Intel with their refined 7nm zen 3 architecture, but no company really seems to be optimizing their games to run the best they can for AMD cpus. That said Intel is supposed to be releasing their next refinement to their 14nm process early next year so who knows if AMD will stay on top. AMD recently put released their big Navi gpus that perform on par with or better than Nvidia's recently released rtx 3000 series gpus, but that's only when you don't factor in ray tracing or Nvidia's ai software dlss. The big Navi gpus are AMD's first cards to support ray tracing and aren't really t he best at it yet, whereas the rtx 3000 is Nvidia's second gen to do it.
Honestly I don’t see myself switching to PCs, consoles always just seemed more convenient to me. Don’t have to worry about upgrades aside from stuff like PS4 pro. Plus I just have a love for PlayStation
I mean Sony and Microsoft consoles these days are nothing more than cheap highly specialized PCs. And speaking of which the true next gen console has just been unveiled.

https://www.gamesradar.com/kfc-launches ... NPooF7e42Y

Colep924
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation thread ???

Post by Colep924 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:59 am

eddieson wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:39 am
Colep924 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:52 am
eddieson wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm


As I've said before in here, a lot of games are coming out for the Xbox series are coming out on pc and their controllers have worked on pc since the last gen as well, and even Sony has started releasing some of their games on pc as well. Consoles have been behind pcs in terms of graphics for years and have only just now gotten to the hard drives that pcs have had for years as well.



As of last month AMD released a better processor than Intel with their refined 7nm zen 3 architecture, but no company really seems to be optimizing their games to run the best they can for AMD cpus. That said Intel is supposed to be releasing their next refinement to their 14nm process early next year so who knows if AMD will stay on top. AMD recently put released their big Navi gpus that perform on par with or better than Nvidia's recently released rtx 3000 series gpus, but that's only when you don't factor in ray tracing or Nvidia's ai software dlss. The big Navi gpus are AMD's first cards to support ray tracing and aren't really t he best at it yet, whereas the rtx 3000 is Nvidia's second gen to do it.
Honestly I don’t see myself switching to PCs, consoles always just seemed more convenient to me. Don’t have to worry about upgrades aside from stuff like PS4 pro. Plus I just have a love for PlayStation
I mean Sony and Microsoft consoles these days are nothing more than cheap highly specialized PCs. And speaking of which the true next gen console has just been unveiled.

https://www.gamesradar.com/kfc-launches ... NPooF7e42Y
Lmao My buddy just showed me that today and I still don’t know if it’s real or not. All I know is I love to eat while I game, so a console that can keep a bucket warm 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’m ready for the future

Post Reply