There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Mostly because I hate white people mostly. I hate niggers too though... So I'm not a racist
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:07 am

What's the point of running a business if you don't aim for the top? Netflix used to be to a DVD rental service. Every major player used to be small.
One significant difference: Netflix cornered the Market, they had no competitors in the DVD subscription service and eventually became the precursor and influence of every subsequent online streaming service that exists today. They wrote the book. Hulu, Amazon prime, HBO max, Disney plus, Paramount Plus, AMC plus etc.., none would exist today without Netflix.

The space is saturated now, I'm simply remarking upon the hubris of believing a company who cater primarily to one segment of a domestic population can hit the same mind-boggling crazy revenue numbers, sans massive diversification and expansion not to mention an IPO.
Digital Masta wrote: I really don't see the point of shitting on their goals.
I took a massive dump on CNN's laughable attempt to expand into the streaming space with their ill-fated CNN+ venture, no one seemed to take issue with the schadenfruede then.

Digital Masta wrote: Your thought process is part of the poison that keeps people from reaching their true potential. Maybe this is an American cultural mindset thing vs a more European one as I know you are originally from Ireland. I have noticed this amongst Europeans when talking about lofty goals.
I can't speak for the entirety of Great Britain or Europe in General, but I grew up in a household politically aligned with Sinn Fein whose stated primarily goal is total unification. Such a pipe dream (That I personally still support despite conceding the sheer improbability) doesn't come much more loftier than that. Scotland's continued push for independence is outright pedestrian by comparison; I'd sooner expect to see a livestream of Elon Musk taking the first dump on Mars than I would a united Ireland.

Lofty goals are good to have, and you should always work towards them because improvement inexorably follows. But it's not fallacious thinking to admit the chasm separating the constituent resources from the desired outcome is so vast as to be nearly insurmountable, at least in the context of what they believe is feasible. If the intended goal was to be the largest most profitable conservative media company in the United States, eclipsing even Fox News, I'd say they are well on there way to achieving that.

But this is like an overzealous sprinter starting over a Century behind the leader of the pack believing he can take the top spot without the leader committing full on suicide. The leader might slow-down(perhaps even significantly), and the upstart might go far, even farther than most.......but he's just too far behind barring a cataclysmic event that utterly incapacitates the athletic faculties of the front-runner.

It would take nothing short of total collapse of sales/revenue, enthusiasm, market share, stock prices, etc.... an explosion of financial misfortune so massive the shock waves would be felt for generations.
Digital Masta wrote: They are already a 9 figure company. Yes, Disney is the top dog, but they seem hell-bent on destroying their own reputation. You don't think DW is aware of the mountain they have to climb? They're doing something right if they are attracting former Disney executives. These are people that could probably go anywhere.
They are a very successful company, they are expanding and increasing their YOY revenue at an impressive rate. They will become an even more lucrative company as the years go by I have no doubts about that one bit. That statement is in no way in conflict with this one :They will never be Disney. Can I prove that? Of course not, but I have no reason to believe its plausible until I see dramatic and I mean DRAMATIC!! shifts within the industry.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Speaking of Netflix just watched that new TMNT movie, my God that is the best thing since the classics. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it that much. A bit too scary and violent for my son.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Well, they are the world's most fearsome fighting team [... I think I made that joke already before]

... I'll have to check it out
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:40 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:07 am

What's the point of running a business if you don't aim for the top? Netflix used to be to a DVD rental service. Every major player used to be small.
One significant difference: Netflix cornered the Market, they had no competitors in the DVD subscription service and eventually became the precursor and influence of every subsequent online streaming service that exists today. They wrote the book. Hulu, Amazon prime, HBO max, Disney plus, Paramount Plus, AMC plus etc.., none would exist today without Netflix.

The space is saturated now, I'm simply remarking upon the hubris of believing a company who cater primarily to one segment of a domestic population can hit the same mind-boggling crazy revenue numbers, sans massive diversification and expansion not to mention an IPO.
The point is that everything starts off small.
Digital Masta wrote: I really don't see the point of shitting on their goals.
I took a massive dump on CNN's laughable attempt to expand into the streaming space with their ill-fated CNN+ venture, no one seemed to take issue with the schadenfruede then.
Because CNNs reputation and ratings had long been demolished by the time CNN+ rolled out. CNN had long been propaganda outlet for the regime by that point.

They are a very successful company, they are expanding and increasing their YOY revenue at an impressive rate. They will become an even more lucrative company as the years go by I have no doubts about that one bit. That statement is in no way in conflict with this one :They will never be Disney. Can I prove that? Of course not, but I have no reason to believe its plausible until I see dramatic and I mean DRAMATIC!! shifts within the industry.
Keep in mind to be a competitor doesn't mean you have like 50/50 market share or something like that. Crunchyroll which used to be illegal fansubs is now the premiere spot for anime. They are one of the big dogs when it comes to anime licenses outside of Japan, meaning that Netflix, Disney, Hulu and Amazon have to compete with them to get those licenses. Exclusive licenses in particular.

Now Disney is a media conglomerate so I don't know if Daily Wire's goal is to compete specifically with their streaming service only. I don't think they're in the business of starting up theme parks. Competing with them specifically on streaming services is more feasible than trying to take on Disney in general. Again to be a competitor doesn't mean you have to be exactly at the same level.

If 100% of those watching Disney eventually switch to 51% watching Disney and 49% watching DW and other things, that is a huge win.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1560367 ... gr%5Etweet

And then you wonder why there are people that don't want to watch this shit? Stellar writing there, Disney/Marvel.

She's womansplaning (aka nagging) to the god damn Hulk. Let's analyze for a second here, Jennifer; here is what your cousin Bruce Banner has had to go through throughout his life:

-Being abused by his father and witnessing the death of his mother (probably not in MCU but historically) setting up the Hulk personality in him as a child

-Just doing his job, researching, and a horrible accident turns him into the Hulk

-He could never be with the woman he loves because of it.

-He was hunted by the US government for YEARS, and not only that, the father of the woman he loved is hell-bent on getting him because as far as he is concerned "his body belongs to the US government"

-For years, he had to fight with the misunderstood monster inside of him because every time he got too angry, people could die and most likely did die, and he was guaranteed to cause massive destruction

-Got so desperate that he committed suicide, only for the Hulk just to heal him and spit the bullet out.

-Despite all of that STILL fought for the people that would consider him a monster, saving the world numerous times

-Also, he was powerful enough to withstand the infinity stones and bring half the universe back to life

But catcalling and "mansplaining," amirite?

No subtlety, no escapism, it's just the same activist-speak we see everywhere.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:24 am Well, they are the world's most fearsome fighting team [... I think I made that joke already before]

... I'll have to check it out
And their green....
killacross

Post by killacross »

Their green what?
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:27 am

Disney + hit 10 Million subscribers in a single day.

Not every Kid with talent and a Basketball who dreams of fame and glory can be Michael Jordan.
Digital Masta wrote:
Because CNNs reputation and ratings had long been demolished by the time CNN+ rolled out. CNN had long been propaganda outlet for the regime by that point.
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and propose the mere act of disseminating propaganda is not the crux of your objection.

Digital Masta wrote: Keep in mind to be a competitor doesn't mean you have like 50/50 market share or something like that. Crunchyroll which used to be illegal fansubs is now the premiere spot for anime. They are one of the big dogs when it comes to anime licenses outside of Japan, meaning that Netflix, Disney, Hulu and Amazon have to compete with them to get those licenses. Exclusive licenses in particular.

Now Disney is a media conglomerate so I don't know if Daily Wire's goal is to compete specifically with their streaming service only. I don't think they're in the business of starting up theme parks. Competing with them specifically on streaming services is more feasible than trying to take on Disney in general. Again to be a competitor doesn't mean you have to be exactly at the same level.

That was never even a suggestion, I'm talking sheer numbers. Real competition doesn't require commensurate resources and market share, but it does require a metric shit ton of capital relative to who you're taking on. 200 million YOY year revenue vs 80 + Billion YOY revenue is the equivalent of Germany VS Brazil circa 2014.
(And to preempt the inevitable reply of "That figure for Disney includes earnings beyond it's streaming services", your correct, but cut out everything but Disney plus, and your still left with roughly 20 billion. Further factor in that the 200 million figure for the DW presumably incorporates the companies annual earnings across its platform(mainly its political podcasts and content) the separation widens even further.

You gotta be within arm's length before you can even entertain the thought you're actually competing.
At best, the DW is an aspiring competitor. Will they ever be a billion dollar company? Perhaps, I'm not saying they wont. But to reiterate, a Doomsday level event would need to befall the company to stagnate their growth and open up the pathway for the Daily Wire.

Digital Masta wrote: If 100% of those watching Disney eventually switch to 51% watching Disney and 49% watching DW and other things, that is a huge win.
"And other things..."

A huge win for who? The Daily wire or Disney's other, much more larger and more profitable competitors? If Disney loses that many subscribers odds are they are going to one of the bigger media companies, and the Daily Wire will have accomplished little more than being a spoil or siphon; a la Ross Perot.

Last I checked Bill Clinton celebrated that year.

What's the end game? Steal away enough viewers to anoint Warner Bro's? That's great, if the actual goal is to "Own the libs."
But Ross Perot didn't run to elect Bill Clinton or stick it to George Bush.... Ross Perot ran to win the presidency.
Digital Masta wrote:https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1560367 ... gr%5Etweet

And then you wonder why there are people that don't want to watch this shit? Stellar writing there, Disney/Marvel.

She's womansplaning (aka nagging) to the god damn Hulk. Let's analyze for a second here, Jennifer; here is what your cousin Bruce Banner has had to go through throughout his life:

-Being abused by his father and witnessing the death of his mother (probably not in MCU but historically) setting up the Hulk personality in him as a child

-Just doing his job, researching, and a horrible accident turns him into the Hulk

-He was hunted by the US government for YEARS, and not only that, the father of the woman he loved is hell-bent on getting him because as far as he is concerned "his body belongs to the US government"

-For years, he had to fight with the misunderstood monster inside of him because every time he got too angry, people could die and most likely did die, and he was guaranteed to cause massive destruction

-Got so desperate that he committed suicide, only for the Hulk just to heal him and spit the bullet out.

-Despite all of that STILL fought for the people that would consider him a monster, saving the world numerous times

-Also, he was powerful enough to withstand the infinity stones and bring half the universe back to life

No subtlety, no escapism, it's just the same activist-speak we see everywhere
I watched that Episode, she literally concedes his life has been traumatic like a minute or so later.

WATCH WHAT YOU CRITICIZE
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:46 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:27 am

Disney + hit 10 Million subscribers in a single day.

Not every Kid with talent and a Basketball who dreams of fame and glory can be Michael Jordan.
Digital Masta wrote:
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and propose the mere act of disseminating propaganda is not the crux of your objection.

Digital Masta wrote: Keep in mind to be a competitor doesn't mean you have like 50/50 market share or something like that. Crunchyroll which used to be illegal fansubs is now the premiere spot for anime. They are one of the big dogs when it comes to anime licenses outside of Japan, meaning that Netflix, Disney, Hulu and Amazon have to compete with them to get those licenses. Exclusive licenses in particular.

That was never even a suggestion, I'm talking sheer numbers. Real competition doesn't require commensurate resources and market share, but it does require a metric shit ton of capital relative to who you're taking on. 200 million YOY year revenue vs 80 + Billion YOY revenue is the equivalent of Germany VS Brazil circa 2014.
(And to preempt the inevitable reply of "That figure for Disney includes earnings beyond it's streaming services", your correct, but cut out everything but Disney plus, and your still left with roughly 20 billion. Further factor in that the 200 million figure for the DW presumably incorporates the companies annual earnings across its platform(mainly its political podcasts and content) the separation widens even further.

You gotta be within arm's length before you can even entertain the thought you're actually competing.
At best, the DW is an aspiring competitor. Will they ever be a billion dollar company? Perhaps, I'm not saying they wont. But to reiterate, a Doomsday level event would need to befall the company to stagnate their growth and open up the pathway for the Daily Wire.

Digital Masta wrote: If 100% of those watching Disney eventually switch to 51% watching Disney and 49% watching DW and other things, that is a huge win.
"And other things..."

A huge win for who? The Daily wire or Disney's other, much more larger and more profitable competitors? If Disney loses that many subscribers odds are they are going to one of the bigger media companies, and the Daily Wire will have accomplished little more than being a spoil or siphon; a la Ross Perot.

Last I checked Bill Clinton celebrated that year.

What's the end game? Steal away enough viewers to anoint Warner Bro's? That's great, if the actual goal is to "Own the libs."
But Ross Perot didn't run to elect Bill Clinton or stick it to George Bush.... Ross Perot ran to win the presidency.
Digital Masta wrote:https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1560367 ... gr%5Etweet

No subtlety, no escapism, it's just the same activist-speak we see everywhere
I watched that Episode, she literally concedes his life has been traumatic like a minute or so later.

WATCH WHAT YOU CRITICIZE
You really don't understand what's happening and that's fine because you don't care to. Just be honest about it.

It's about creating a parallel economy. You think it's ultimately about taking down Disney? No. It's about creating a place where people who don't want to or don't align with Hollywood or any other industry can go. The Disneys of the world will always exist but they don't have to always be the end all be all. Where they are the ones responsible for getting your product made or your service accepted. The parallel economy is where someone can create a successful comic book outside of the big two and maybe one day have it turned into a film or TV show that respects the author and the source material. Not only that they end up having great financial success as well and they didn't have to rely on these companies that hate them/want them to promote THE MESSAGE.

Your immediate reaction to their goals is to take a dump on them for their lofty goals. CNN deserves all the dumps it receives

Regarding the She-Hulk clip. The line shouldn't have even been written. It's bad writing just placed for a "Men are trash" moment. Bruce has gone through amazing strides to control his anger. His justifiable anger at his terrible life. Her reasons are petty and not even comparable.

And again...No. I have explained this to you so many times my dude. You wanna spend your money go ahead, you don't care and that's fine. I do and these companies have burned me too many times and I will not give money to people that hate me.

Just ignore me.

Regarding CNN, I am not their target demographic and if they failed tomorrow I would laugh because it is what they deserve. That used to not be the case. Jeff Zucker had his brain broken by Trump, he hated the man and used CNN as his own personal attack machine. Now the new CEO seems to be cleaning house and maybe CNN will get its act in order but it will take a long time to get that back.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://youtu.be/dnru2z7Ljz4

I think I saw a couple of latino people but this is pure unadulterated nigga behavior. I hate this shit down to my soul, it disgusts me. Oh but the white man, but the system. There ain't no white people in this video. Why is it that you don't see any Asian people doing this kinda shit?

No amount of legislation or whatever will fix this. These are broken ass people from broken ass families.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:01 am https://youtu.be/dnru2z7Ljz4

I think I saw a couple of latino people but this is pure unadulterated nigga behavior. I hate this shit down to my soul, it disgusts me. Oh but the white man, but the system. There ain't no white people in this video. Why is it that you don't see any Asian people doing this kinda shit?

No amount of legislation or whatever will fix this. These are broken ass people from broken ass families.
There were plenty of latinos there....and the only asian would likely be the store owner
...but you dont understand...they cant get ahead in life and they were stealing bread to feed their families

Honestly -- it's all an outgrowth of the soft reaction they've had on crime for the past several years. The whole concept of "non-violent" crime and "catch and release" policies...legislation could easily fix it.

locking "non-violent" criminals up with "ultra-violent" criminals....sounds like a big deterrent to me
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:57 am
You really don't understand what's happening and that's fine because you don't care to. Just be honest about it.
Allow me to quote myself and then I suggest you read this aloud, but not too loud, one should always be considerate of his Japanese neighbors:
Me wrote:I'm all for alternative entertainment. I love variety, and i don't dismiss anything based solely on the general reputation of its publisher before investigating its substance and merits.
As I said, I understand exactly what they are doing, they are providing an alternative for a demographic in this country who feels( rightly or wrongly) alienated by the status quo, and boyo, I'm all for it! I enjoyed "Shut In", Run hide fight was decent and if i can pirate it(I'm not a subscriber) I'm more than a little interested in watching "Terror on the prairie"
But this goes beyond simply creating a space for the artistic brilliance of the underappreciated outcasts of Hollywood to flourish, this is merely another component in the ever broadening culture war that has IMO reached a level of cringe toxicity that has reoriented the minds of even mild mannered citizens, into easily triggered snowflakes.
Digital Masta wrote: It's about creating a parallel economy. You think it's ultimately about taking down Disney? No. It's about creating a place where people who don't want to or don't align with Hollywood or any other industry can go. The Disneys of the world will always exist but they don't have to always be the end all be all. Where they are the ones responsible for getting your product made or your service accepted. The parallel economy is where someone can create a successful comic book outside of the big two and maybe one day have it turned into a film or TV show that respects the author and the source material. Not only that they end up having great financial success as well and they didn't have to rely on these companies that hate them/want them to promote THE MESSAGE.

This is why I have a hard time believing much of what you profess to think when it comes to "Wokeism", when it very much appears that a lot of what you say on the matter is appropriated from the opinions of others. Just like the legions of mindless "Woke" "Intellectuals" spouting rote mimetic nonsense about their inherent virtue and the dangers posed by those who deign to think differently from them, the once laudable dissenters have now transformed into a semi-inverted mirror image of the very people they declare antithetical to their very existence. This isn't about entertainment, its about narrative control and the unyielding pursuit to win the culture war.

It has nothing to do with "We think X is bad, so here's Y", and has everything to do with, "I don't want X and you shouldn't want X; if you can't see X it's because your Blind, def and dumb; X hates you; X is all around you; we have to fight X tooth and nail; X is irredeemable, etc..."

You think I like being inundated by noxious woke bullshit? Absolutely not, but the second I took an earnest look at the opposite "Combatants", I was flooded with politically charged treatises extolling the inherent virtue of their positions and worldviews, declaring ad infinitum how much I'm despised by the totality of the entertainment industry, as if they're all sitting around a fire in smoking jackets, sipping bourbon and strategizing new and inventive ways to insult me through various subtle - and not so subtle - means.

I despise group think in all forms, regardless of the size disparity and once noble intentions of each respective party.
This is ALL ABOUT NARRATIVE, one side fighting the other with real entertainment and level-headed critical discourse the unfortunate collateral damage.

One side will gleefully shove shit down my throat, while the other side waits in the wings for just the opportune moment to relentlessly beat me over the head with overwrought and de-contexualized anecdotes/hot takes, casting that net in no specific direction but left of their orbit, collecting its contents and declaring the entire bundle to be substantively equal in quality. "Woke" no longer holds any meaning whatsoever and I defy you to come up with even a semblance of a universal definition. Collect 20 adherents of the "Anti-woke" movement into a room, ask them to write down a one paragraph explanation of what it actually even means and I'd be my life-savings you'd get 20 different answers.

Not everything is WOKE.

Digital Masta wrote: Your immediate reaction to their goals is to take a dump on them for their lofty goals.
Believe it or not I am capable of simultaneously enjoying what they produce and holding the opinion that their broader goals are unrealistic, or even worthy of ridicule.

I love Ted Nugent's music but I also think he's a partisan blowhard who routinely puts his foot in his mouth and worthy of ridicule when he deserves it.
Alex jones? Ditto times a billion.
Digital Masta wrote: Regarding the She-Hulk clip. The line shouldn't have even been written. It's bad writing just placed for a "Men are trash" moment. Bruce has gone through amazing strides to control his anger. His justifiable anger at his terrible life. Her reasons are petty and not even comparable.
So one line, out of context, comprising literal seconds poisons virtually the entire show?
Do you only consume media that is unimpeachable in it's tone and substance? (Legit question)
Digital Masta wrote: And again...No. I have explained this to you so many times my dude. You wanna spend your money go ahead, you don't care and that's fine. I do and these companies have burned me too many times and I will not give money to people that hate me.
Then your opinion is meaningless. All those reaction Channels from which you lift your talking points have one thing in common; they all "Consume" then proceed to analyze. Many may be slanted and hypersensitive to even so much as the intimation of wokeness, but at least they're informed.

If you don't have skin in the game, whats the point in being annoyed and outraged?
Digital Masta wrote: Just ignore me.
Sorry, I only ignore stupid people.
If I reply it means I value what you think regardless of whether I agree with it.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I'll have you know I also read things. I don't just peruse youtube thank you very much. Also those commentator channels get paid to watch these things because their audience wants to know their thoughts. With the exception of Eric July he has straight up said he is done with Marvel/DC but he also just lauched his own comic book company to compete with them and his very first book has sold better than anything the big two are putting out right now. I bought a copy as well.

Funny, you never want to chat about the things I watch and enjoy.

Things like:

Cobra Kai

Invincible(minus their destruction of the character, Amber)

Superman and Lois (although I have only seen the first season and when I mentioned that I really enjoyed the first episode overall but some things I thought were a bit cringy you focused on THAT PART of my comments),

The Boys although I don't think I have mentioned it that much because people here don't seem to be watching it.

Arcane which was incredible

I just recently mentioned Dota: Dragon's Blood and how I enjoyed that. Even pointing out that I was "Team Marci" indicating that I like a female character *GASP*. Although all the women in the show are pretty cool and I like all of them. Really all the characters are quite enjoyable.

Nothing from you about my praise for those shows but god forbid I come after the destruction of the cinematic universe that I spent 10 years watching and spending money on. Not only that but also spent my entire life loving and supporting the source material it came from which has now also been destroyed which makes it even worse. This extends to the current state of Hollywood in general too.

In fact you used the fact that I said Prey was 'Meh' to gloat. Which was an odd flex because my initial instincts weren't completely wrong.

You've loved to argue for the over 10 years that we have all interacted online.

In fact, the only thing you seem to agree with me on is anime adaptations. Maybe because nearly every single one that has been created both in Japan and abroad has been awful. I remember the Beck adaptation being well done.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:59 pm I'll have you know I also read things. I don't just peruse youtube thank you very much. Also those commentator channels get paid to watch these things because their audience wants to know their thoughts. With the exception of Eric July he has straight up said he is done with Marvel/DC but he also just lauched his own comic book company to compete with them and his very first book has sold better than anything the big two are putting out right now. I bought a copy as well.
I saw Isom run across my timeline due to a lot of my follows following him. Ive only seen one or two of his videos, but I know he's a Diehard comic book fan. I think the only video I've seen of his at length was his commentary on the Race-swapping of comic book characters, when it was announced Ta-Nehesi Coates was tapped to write a treatment for a new movie. The crux of his argument was that there were plenty of unused preexisting characters that easily deserved their own adaptations and I actually thought his opinion was compelling.
Digital Masta wrote: Funny, you never want to chat about the things I watch and enjoy.

Things like:

Cobra Kai
Haven't seen it, but its been on my bucket list for ages.
Digital Masta wrote: Invincible(minus their destruction of the character, Amber)
Haven't seen it either, but I've watched clips and i've heard good things. I love the stark contrast between the light textured anime style, and the full on bloody mayhem that predominates the show from what little I've seen.
Digital Masta wrote: Superman and Lois (although I have only seen the first season and when I mentioned that I really enjoyed the first episode overall but some things I thought were a bit cringy you focused on THAT PART of my comments),
That I did see, although only up to episode 4, that show was airing around the time my daughter was born and I kinda just dropped it.
I do remember disagreeing with you about something, but I can't exactly recall what. Honestly the whole start of 2021 from like January to march was an absolute fucking whirlwind.
Digital Masta wrote: The Boys although I don't think I have mentioned it that much because people here don't seem to be watching it.
A pattern is emerging; I don't have Netflix at the moment, but all of these are on my list.
Disney+ and HBO are all we have at the present time. The last Netflix show I saw in full was a pirated Cowboy bebop, and I'm still trying to wash that taste out of my mouth......
Digital Masta wrote: Arcane which was incredible

I just recently mentioned Dota: Dragon's Blood and how I enjoyed that. Even pointing out that I was "Team Marci" indicating that I like a female character *GASP*. Although all the women in the show are pretty cool and I like all of them. Really all the characters are quite enjoyable.
See previous comment.
Digital Masta wrote: Nothing from you about my praise for those shows but god forbid I come after the destruction of the cinematic universe that I spent 10 years watching and spending money on. Not only that but also spent my entire life loving and supporting the source material it came from which has now also been destroyed which makes it even worse. This extends to the current state of Hollywood in general too.
The reason I pushed back on some of your opinions(not all mind you, we are simpatico on several hot-bed issues in relation to the broader discussion surrounding the MCU) is quite simple; I've seen more Disney content than the aforementioned titles, and I feel far more comfortable opining on the quality and merits (or lack there of) of stuff I've actually watched. I think I've voiced this argument before, but my perspective on the general state of decline currently maligning the MCU has (in my opinion) far less to do with the perceived cancer of "wokeism" metastasizing throughout the bulk of phase four (I wont go so far as to denounce it as "Toxic Fandom", but there is definitely a element of hypersensitive fragility at work here ) and more so due to the simple fact that phase 3 represented the climatic end of the infinity saga.

Stitching together all those intricate set-pieces into one decade long build up generated so much energy and heat it was no wonder Disney struggled to rekindle that flame once it finally sputtered out, with the introduction to phase 4

Plain and simple, they blew their wad. Stick around long enough, and we all inexorably submit ourselves to the cold and dispassionate whims of entropy.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:57 am DM for you: https://instagram.com/chantellesiaa?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Why me? Sure, she's attractive but all these Instagram hoes be the same. "Look! I workout and can help you so here's a bunch of photos of me and then photos of me showing my ass in the gym...with supplements." :roll:

It's all thirst trap nonsense.
killacross

Post by killacross »

3rd hand pretty again
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watching the new GoT right now.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Guys, serious question here. In the over ten years that we've interacted online, I've never done something like this, so forgive me...

So through a group, I'm a part of, I got access to an opportunity where I can help US businesses get grant money from the government known as the Employee Retention Credit (ERC). It is part of the CARES Act, and even though it's based on a business's 2020 and 2021 (first three quarters) situation, the program runs until 2024. They can receive UP TO $26,000 per employee (W2 employees), and unlike PPP, IT IS NOT A LOAN; it's a grant, so they don't have to pay anything back.

The 3rd party that I'm working with is an accounting firm that will process everything for the business with the IRS. They can also tell you whether your business qualifies within 10-15 minutes. The business pays them nothing, they just take about 25% of the money that the business gets from the government as their fee.

Do you or anyone know run a business where this would interest them?

I'm not trolling, my account hasn't been hacked; this is a real thing. What do I get out of it? I get 10% of the money that the accounting firm gets as an affiliate commission. So if the business gets $200,000 from the grant, I walk away with $5000.

I don't want a bunch of back n' forth here because this place isn't for that so just PM me if you're interested and want more details.

Here's the IRS FAQ section about it

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/covid-19-r ... order-faqs