There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Looks like the Turkey President is going to finese Finland and Sweden until he gets all sanctions dropped and able to buy U.S and Russian military weapons lol.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:25 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:26 pm
So, I want to understand your reply in relation to mine. If I understand it, the great replacement theory is the same thing as a person saying that they have concerns about illegal immigration and want people that do immigrate to assimilate to the culture?
This was a failure on my part, I didn't flesh out my response very well and I got caught up in correcting the misconception that the foundational concept of "Replacement Theory" contained an antisemitic element; which it does not.
I didn't mean to imply anyone who takes a skeptical approach to immigration and the various changing demographics, on top of the broader implications that spring from that, is subscribing to thte theory.

If that alone was at the heart of the concept, I would have no problem with it. What I have a problem with is the incessant fearmongering and demagoguery perpetrated nightly by talking heads - such as Tucker Carlson - who do genuinely subscribe to the belief( or makes a convincing show of it) that powerful institutions and organizations are working diligently to reorient entire generational voting blocs, all for the singular purpose of consolidating power. And that these voting blocs, primarily 3rd world immigrants, would constitute an unassailable majority sometime in the near future, thereby granting the supposed party behind this subtle manipulation plenary power at the ballot box to remake this country into something utterly unrecognizable.
For me, it's how it is being portrayed. I don't watch Tucker outside of a some youtube clips every now and again but I've never gotten the impression that he's rallying the base because he believes that white purity is in danger and that's how he's being smeared right now.
I do believe that the Democrats want more immigration for votes, you'd have to be an idiot not to concede that's not a factor, but the idea that that is their primary purpose rather than simply a bonus is a bridge too far to me. I can't get on board this nativist fear Carlson taps into, because quite frankly I see it for what it is; a fear tactic to mobilize traditional voting bases. I don't even think he believes it, but he knows spewing that bile is an effective tool to rile up an already disenfranchised-feeling demographic.

That said, ultimately the argument is moot.
If immigrants overwhelmingly voted the other way, this entire conversation would be inverted.
This big debate we're currently having about the existential threat this poses has nothing to do with "Who does the voting" But rather "Who they're voting for".
Anyone who suggests otherwise is being brazenly dishonest.
Definitely but also it isn't just a matter of "immigrants" as a whole, it's a matter of where they came from and how they got there. Immigrants from Cuba tend to vote more to the right, as I'd imagine any former Soviet immigrants and their descendants do as well.

They are definitely playing the game of "let them in (illegally) and then once we get them to vote they'll pay us back."
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:57 am They are definitely playing the game of "let them in (illegally) and then once we get them to vote they'll pay us back."
"They are definitely playing the game of "let them in (illegally) and then once we get them to vote their children will pay us back."

they've given up on a path to citizenship...but LOVE that 14th amendment...so that's why there isn't more coverage on 100's of thousands of people coming across the southern border PER MONTH...but instead we are focused on a war on the other side of the planet. And it's true of both parties. Dems get a disenfranchised class right now to "fight" for and hopefully future voters who saw them "fight" for their parents...Reps get cheap labor right now (and are hoping their children get into higher class status in a generation or two and lean more towards their "Christian" values)

It's all a scam

I guarantee BOTH sides would fight against changing the 14th amendment
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Finished watching Moon Knight, that post credit ending confused me.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

microfiber tears in your body ain't no joke and it gets worse with age. I'm still active and like to push myself, I'm in so much pain the next day. Stretching helps and massages which I do. If you don't use it you loose it so gotta stay active.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:17 pm microfiber tears in your body ain't no joke and it gets worse with age. I'm still active and like to push myself, I'm in so much pain the next day. Stretching helps and massages which I do. If you don't use it you loose it so gotta stay active.
Had this exact conversation with my best friend earlier today. We have become sedentary with work and children

.. So gonna try to change that. Diet is more important... But who wants to be a an old, skinny, weakling?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:57 am They are definitely playing the game of "let them in (illegally) and then once we get them to vote they'll pay us back."
"They are definitely playing the game of "let them in (illegally) and then once we get them to vote their children will pay us back."

they've given up on a path to citizenship...but LOVE that 14th amendment...so that's why there isn't more coverage on 100's of thousands of people coming across the southern border PER MONTH...but instead we are focused on a war on the other side of the planet. And it's true of both parties. Dems get a disenfranchised class right now to "fight" for and hopefully future voters who saw them "fight" for their parents...Reps get cheap labor right now (and are hoping their children get into higher class status in a generation or two and lean more towards their "Christian" values)

It's all a scam

I guarantee BOTH sides would fight against changing the 14th amendment
You ain't wrong. The funny thing about the 14th amendment is that the current idea of anyone being born here having citizenship is because of how the government chooses to interpret the amendment because it explicitly says in the amendment that they have to be subject to the jurisdiction of the United States which tourist and illegals aren't technically.

But of course, that doesn't matter. There's a reason why most countries don't have birthright citizenship (or rather unfettered) birthright citizenship...it's ludicrous.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:34 pm
San Goku wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:17 pm microfiber tears in your body ain't no joke and it gets worse with age. I'm still active and like to push myself, I'm in so much pain the next day. Stretching helps and massages which I do. If you don't use it you loose it so gotta stay active.
Had this exact conversation with my best friend earlier today. We have become sedentary with work and children

.. So gonna try to change that. Diet is more important... But who wants to be a an old, skinny, weakling?
You'd be surprised, your muscle mass is still maintained. I haven't lifted a weight consistently in years. Just cardio (15km jogs), calisthenics (like T25) and my bikram yoga. Before the pandemic I was doing some hard-core ultimate Frisbee games. I like what would help me is if I did more times per day, the jogging part. Maybe do 7.5km 3 times per week.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:42 pm
killacross wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:10 pm
Y'all. Come on. I know it's cool to hate on "liberal media," but you need to stop listening to whoever keeps telling you about how "liberal media doesn't talk about this!" A few quick random searches online found articles from several sources that talked about the huge immigration numbers. As for "path to citizenship" for illegal immigrants - well, that was proposed back in 1982 by Reagan (or rather, straight-up amnesty was). It's not hounded on like the war is, because war is a really big freaking deal and catching a large amount of people sneaking into our country illegally is basically normal.

Just for giggles I also looked up the anti-white racist cases mentioned that liberal media "wasn't talking about." In the one who was actually anti-white as opposed to just tweeting about it 6 years prior, in the wikipedia entry explaining his anti-white views, there were 4 publishers cited. 3 were from liberal sources. The 4th was from Newsweek, in an article titled around asking why liberal media isn't talking about it. Now, to be fair, the NY Times was one of the sources and they definitely played up his "anti-everyone" views instead of "anti-white" specifically, but they still called out "anti-white."

The number of "attempted border crossings stopped" is also a worthless statistic. It's like saying "well, our firewalls blocked 3 million requests this month, but only 500,000 last month." It means nothing, because it's entirely based on external factors and it assumes that the numbers of actual events have changed. The actual amount of border crossings is inherently unknown - they could be relatively unchanged and we're just catching more of them. Those people were all caught, they'll go through the remarkably slow process of having their case heard. Everyone talks about beefing up the border, but none of that actually matters since the bottleneck is the low number of judges relative to the number of cases and ignores the massive number of illegal immigrants who are actually just overstaying their visa (which used to dwarf southern border crossings).

Birthright citizenship SEEMS like a terrible idea. I have a hard time thinking it's a good idea, but logically we're already paying to support the child. We might as well keep the results of what we pay for. My gut is still saying "who cares about that, I don't like it" but I also really hate paying money for things and getting nothing out of it (which is why healthcare spending REALLY pisses me off, we're apparently the only country that can't figure it out). It was definitely more important and reasonable 300 years ago when it was first established. I think we've outlived its purpose.

As for the government interpreting the 14th amendment on jurisdiction - that's way off:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/31/515.329

If you read the linked definition to 515.330, you get this combination:
§ 515.329 Person subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; person subject to U.S. jurisdiction.
The terms person subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and person subject to U.S. jurisdiction include:
(a) Any individual, wherever located, who is a citizen or resident of the United States;
(b) Any person within the United States as defined in § 515.330;

31 CFR § 515.330 - Person within the United States.
(a) The term person within the United States, includes:
(1) Any person, wheresoever located, who is a resident of the United States;
(2) Any person actually within the United States;
As for Tucker Carlson - he purportedly mentioned replacement theory (or it's subject matter) in 400 episodes in the past 6 years. Youtube already has some of his highlights, from what I've heard (haven't seen them or looked for them, don't care to).
killacross

Post by killacross »

Have any of you all ever worked with concrete?

I want to pour a pad for a utility trailer (10' x 6')
A pad for a patio for a fire pit and seating and barbeque girlls (10' x 20')
And a slab for a workshed (15' x 20')

We also have a septic tank with the drain field int he backyard

Im almost certain I'm gonna just hire contractors and they'll tell me No :(

Any tips/tricks?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:00 pm Have any of you all ever worked with concrete?

I want to pour a pad for a utility trailer (10' x 6')
A pad for a patio for a fire pit and seating and barbeque girlls (10' x 20')
And a slab for a workshed (15' x 20')

We also have a septic tank with the drain field int he backyard

Im almost certain I'm gonna just hire contractors and they'll tell me No :(

Any tips/tricks?
How big is your backyard again?
killacross

Post by killacross »

1.05 acres
killacross

Post by killacross »

Ya'll some white collar ass muhfuckaz
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:46 pm Ya'll some white collar ass muhfuckaz
Oh most definitely. No shame. Not that I'm not willing to get my hands dirty, I just have to be really motivated to do it.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I think that's the weird part. I place a lot of "stock" in part of manhood is being someone who has the ability to get their hands dirty and fix things. The weird part is that when I was younger and poorer...I tried to fix EVERYTHING myself. Now...I have a lot of money...but I will generally fix something myself once...then after that -- I would just pay someone to do it.

Case in point. Cut the grass for the first time at our new house last (we move in next week). But since we closed a month ago...the grass was about 2 ft high. Anyway...I was cutting around a tree...hear a THUNK! and looked back...and all these springs fell out from under the deck. It still drove...so I drove it to the garage. The past week...I would go to that house at 2am and make all the repairs. Then via the help of Amazon...I started doing an overhaul of the engine itself and changing filters/ flushing fluids/ replacing belts/ etc. I was talking to a guy at work about it...and he said something about "You did all that? Maaaaaaaaan...after that first thunk, I would have loaded it on a trailer and said this is your problem now to some mechanic."

It struck me as an odd thing to say. But then I realized that the next time something breaks -- I'm likely not wasting my time or sweat equity. I know enough about it that it doesn't interest me....and I value my free time more.

...My next few projects that I'm interested in need concrete pads...so wanna gather information. Youtube makes it look so easy...but that's how they trick you
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am It struck me as an odd thing to say. But then I realized that the next time something breaks -- I'm likely not wasting my time or sweat equity. I know enough about it that it doesn't interest me....and I value my free time more.
That's exactly it. I can afford it, and especially if I make more money per hour than they charge I'd rather just work a couple more hours than spend however many hours trying to fix it poorly myself. I've seen too many housing shows where homeowner repairs absolutely destroy the value of their house either from doing it poorly and causing a problem somewhere else that's not visible or something like doing it against code that bites them in the ass when they want some other enhancement done. The contractor has to rip all of their work out and replace it before anyone would sign off on the new enhancement even if it isn't related.

If it's smaller things like plumbing that doesn't go into a wall I may do it, but by and large it's just not worth it to me.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I guess as the guy who decides to do it myself... And then discovers all the corners that were cut to either save time, money, or a general lack of knowledge

I'd rather do it myself and it last forever than pay someone else a premium to half ass it
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So we almost had a mass shooting in my neck of the woods, actually the neighborhood I'm currently residing. Fortunately, the dude was walking back and forth outside the school with his firearm and law enforcement shot him dead on the spot. Turns out he had a pellet gun that look like an assault rifle. I think he was a copycat and wanted to leave this dimension. Why are people pretending like the policies of the pandemic with the lockdowns and restrictions are not contributing to this. Mental illness is a sick disease. Unfortunately, I feel this is only the beginning.

Emailed my son's daycare and asked what their emergency measures are and encouraged them to stay strapped (of course I know it doesn't work like that). But if they did it off the books I would be cool. Law enforcement won't make it in time to help them. So it's either mitigate the mental illness or stay strapped IMHO.

In world news, Putin is increasing pension by 10% for his people in Russia, no Russian embargo on oil. Gas prices are still extremely high.
killacross

Post by killacross »

The prereviews are in... And you all were wrpng

Ms Marvel is delightful, She Hulk will be the next block buster... And trailer 2 for Thor proves they will win all the awards

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9OAEJI5Rww

.. Take that... You bugots
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:27 pm The prereviews are in... And you all were wrpng

Ms Marvel is delightful, She Hulk will be the next block buster... And trailer 2 for Thor proves they will win all the awards

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9OAEJI5Rww

.. Take that... You bugots
Ms Marvel trailer is out? I liked the other 2, will watch.