[TV]Star Wars Rebels Animated Series

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by cain, May 20, 2013.

1. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
    From Toonzone.net.
    Disney has greenlighted Star Wars Rebels, which will launch in fall 2014 as a one-hour special on Disney Channel before debuting as a full-fledged TV series on Disney XD, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Production has already begun.

Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes) serves as executive producer and will write the premiere episode. Dave Filoni, who was supervising director on Star Wars: The Clone Wars (which ran from 2008-13 on Cartoon Network), and Greg Weisman (The Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice) will also executive produce. Casting will be announced at a later date.

Star Wars Rebels takes place between Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, which spans about two decades. The animated series is set "in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape." (Lucasfilm delayed animated effort Star Wars Detours from Seth Green, which would have taken place between Episode III and Episode IV.)
    Clay and Vicious like this.
  2. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    weisman being a part of this should be interesting. As a big fan of clone wars I am very happy filoni is on board. With how far they advanced with the animation for cw this should be spectacular as long as they don't go full 3d cgi shit.

At least we don't have to worry about this being cancelled by disney.
  3. Clay Hail to the King

Message Count:
    Hope its animated traditionally with a YJ type look.
  4. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
    Vicious likes this.
  5. masterhudson Active Member

Message Count:
    Is starkiller from the force unleashed games canon? Will we see him
  6. Clay Hail to the King

Message Count:
    He is B-Canon.
  7. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    What the hell does that even mean?
  8. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    yeah wth is B canon. I know about g, c, s and n.
  9. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
    So according too Theforce.net a special sneak peek of Star Wars Rebels will be shown at Star Wars Celebration Europe on July 26-28.Hopefully someone will video record it and leak it on the internet lol.

I wonder how many years will this take place after ROTS.I also gotta wonder with Dave Filoni involved in this,will we see an older Ahsoka.
  10. Clay Hail to the King

Message Count:
    Its second tier canon. It is up there with tv shows on canon level. Just below the movies. My terminologymay be wrong.
    Vicious likes this.
  11. masterhudson Active Member

Message Count:
    so we may see him sweet
  12. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
  13. Tony King Dipshit

Message Count:
    why is all new animation CG? I mean, I get it--they can do good CG like with clone wars, but when are we going to get a good old fashioned, traditional animated show. I loved the cartoon clone wars, and I would love another 2d animated star-wars project.

I think CG might be cheaper now a days, but damn I missed old-school cartoons.
  14. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    speaking of star wars..

THE STORY OF ANAKIN
    Lucas: Anakin Skywalker starting hanging out with the Emperor, who at this point nobody knew was that bad, because he was an elected official.
    Kasdan: Was he a Jedi?
    Lucas: No, he was a politician. Richard M. Nixon was his name. He subverted the senate and finally took over and became an imperial guy and he was really evil. But he pretended to be a really nice guy. He sucked Luke’s father into the dark side.
    Kasdan: The Force was available to anyone who could hook into it?
    Lucas: Yes, everybody can do it.
    Kasdan: Not just the Jedi?
    Lucas: It’s just the Jedi who take the time to do it.
    Marquand: They use it as a technique.
    Lucas: Like yoga. If you want to take the time to do it, you can do it; but the ones that really want to do it are the ones who are into that kind of thing. Also like karate. Also another misconception is that Yoda teaches Jedi, but he is like a guru; he doesn’t go out and fight anybody.
    Kasdan: A Jedi Master is a Jedi isn’t he?
    Lucas: Well, he is a teacher, not a real Jedi. Understand that?
    Kasdan: I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t believe it; I am in shock.
    Lucas: It’s true, absolutely true, not that it makes any difference to the story.
    Kasdan: You mean he wouldn’t be any good in a fight?
    Lucas: Not with Darth Vader he wouldn’t.
    Kasdan: I accept it, but I don’t like it.

.. wait what? So all those guys they called masters like Yoda aren't Jedi? Where have I been for the last 30+ years. Also, lightsabers on the way:

Battlefront teaser:
  15. Holy Cowboy Brigade Chief

Message Count:
    Soo.. we are gonna see a pissed off Zordon and teenagers with actual attitudes?
  16. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
  17. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
    Looks like we'll be getting same new info at New York comic-con on Saturday, October 12.

From the Force.net.
    Star Wars Rebels: The Might of the Empire
    Saturday, October 12, 2013
    2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Room 1E
    What happens when the Galactic Empire takes over a planet? What if Imperials took interest in your world, and garrisoned Stormtroopers and TIE fighters to maintain order? Star Wars Rebels, the thrilling, all-new animated television series from Lucasfilm for Disney XD will ask those questions -- and so will this panel hosted by Lucasfilm's resident Star Wars expert, Pablo Hidalgo.
    Details on the show are closely guarded, but fans at NYCC will get a first look at new art from the series, and learn new information about the formidable forces of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars Rebels is set between Episodes III and IV, and it is a dark time in the galaxy. In the spirit of the original trilogy, the Empire is once again the preeminent villain of the saga, and Star Wars Rebels puts the awesome might of Imperial forces in the spotlight.
    The series is still a year away, so don't miss this chance to get an early look at its development.
    Vicious likes this.
  18. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    well with this coming out soon.. the last season of clone wars is out in 2 weeks so thought I'd post this awesome dark saber vs maul fight. I've bought them all so I am definitely buying this season too.

cain and UNTZ like this.
  19. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
  20. cain Sannensei

Message Count:
    Vicious likes this.