[TV] Star Trek: Discovery

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by San Goku, Oct 2, 2017.

1. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    [IMG]

So far after ep 3 I think I see the niche in this show. It's gonna really show the shady shit and ugly side of the Federation. If it's 5 years before Captain Kirk's mission then that makes sense. I also kept telling myself this doesn't feel like Star Trek and then they would give glimmers of that Star Trek feel. I think they are doing this on purpose. The 3rd episode were better than the last two which I also enjoyed. It's good enough to keep me wondering where they're going to go with this series. I'm not too much of a fan of the Klingon's design, I mentioned that earlier in the shoutbox.

I found this link interesting: http://www.cbr.com/star-trek-fans-dont-like-discovery/
    Vicious likes this.
  2. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    I figured it would be something I would like.. I mean JJ's Trek was ok and I know this is supposedly action heavy but I guarantee you it isn't just like his vision. I bet this is more something along the lines of Star Wars that I would love. So I get why die hard fans are meh but they tried the philosophical shit like in Stargate Universe. It just does not fly to me anymore Battlestar was the last true show like that. It's hard man. Also, who the hell wants to see characters, races, tech/uniforms so retro. That would just be really weird.
    San Goku likes this.