[TV] Arrow

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by eddieson, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Leroy Plus Ultra

Message Count:
    Personally Prometheus showed a little too much emotion when his wife was brought to him. He should have gone "Is that the best you could come up with Olvier?" and snapped her neck or something like that.
    Also it is getting old but still needs to be said, Felicity should just die.
  2. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    I really like how Adrian's actor really turned up the creepy factor after he was revealed. Dude is creepy as fuck.
    UNTZ likes this.
  3. UNTZ Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think they were trying to show that he really did love his wife. It's one thing for him to kill someone he doesn't give a shit about and another for him to show that he does love her and yet will kill her anyway for the sake of his goals.
    eddieson likes this.
  4. Holy Cowboy Brigade Chief

Message Count:
    Maybe I missed something in the seasons before the 4 episode crossover cause that was when I tuned more into Arrow. What kind of a 'big secret' is "I wanted to kill! I liked it!" Whoop-de-fucking-do. Someone clue me in please?
  5. UNTZ Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It's just Adrian's way of screwing with Oliver's head. Oliver first claimed to not like killing and that he only killed because it was necessary to protect the city. Adrian basically said that Oliver is no different than serial killer who gets off on killing people and his quest was just an excuse to kill people without feeling guilty about it. Now Oliver believes that, which is why he quits being Green Arrow at the end. Oliver now sees himself as no different than many of the people he used to take down.

This type of thing has came up before in stories where the hero kills. Usually it ends in one of two ways. One, the hero decides to prove the villain wrong by adopting the no-killing-ever rule; or two, the hero decides that it doesn't matter whether the villain is right about his motives or not, the important thing is that hero believes what he is doing is necessary and thus continues on. The later is what happens in series where killing is accepted as necessary, but given the comics this is based on, the former is what will likely eventually happen. The preview shows Oliver calling in the Bratva to kill Adrian, but I doubt that will last long. I suspect this season will end with Oliver officially adopting the no-killing rule and actually sticking to it in the future. Oliver has tried to follow a no-killing rule before, but went back on it. This season will probably end up being what Oliver uses to motivate himself to actually stick to it in the future.
  6. Leroy Plus Ultra

Message Count:
    Not bad. Prometheus managed to break Ollie. I don't like it personally that this has come down to the age old question of whether being judge, jury and executioner as a vigilante is just the same as being a killer. All I can say is that the Oliver of 5 years ago wouldn't be fazed by this. But that Oliver had a morality and a conscience hammered into him by the friends he gathered around him.
    UNTZ likes this.