The Flash on CW

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by Marlie, Aug 2, 2013.

1. UNTZ Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Makes sense. But I wish the show would've made it more clear. If Barry had tossed the device aside and Black Flash backed off, it would've been clear even without an explanation. Instead, Barry slammed the device into its chest and Black Flash exploded. This made it look like Barry defeated Black Flash outright with a tracking device and I was waiting for an explanation on how it was possible. I was expecting some pseudo-scientific explanation like whatever hyper-dimensional the device gave off not mixing well with whatever the Speedforce was using to control Black Flash or something like that. I was like, "Damn, in Legends Thawn was going through so much trouble to avoid Black Flash and all he really needed was one of Cisco's "Goldtooth" devices?"
    cole_924 likes this.
  2. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    That was one hard episode to sit through.
    UNTZ likes this.
  3. Leroy :Re

Message Count:
    The worst episode of the entire show. As bad as a supergirl episode.
    UNTZ likes this.
  4. UNTZ Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    To anyone who hasn't seen it yet, save yourselves and don't bother. The only thing you need to know is that Barry and Iris are already back together again.
  5. cole_924 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That ending with the music bitch made me physically sick
    UNTZ likes this.
  6. MC Clean Olivia "Chachi" Gonzales

Message Count:
    Is it worth seeing if you are a big fan of musicals? I like the Flash and musicals, so I thought it would be fun. I typically like most musical episodes of shows not traditionally musical.
  7. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    I watched a total of approx 5 min of the show as I was constantly fast forwarding. That ep was super ga.... gaud awful. The only part I liked way John The Martian showing his true form I didn't know he was part of the Supergirl show, pretty cool.
    UNTZ likes this.
  8. UNTZ Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No. I tried watching for the music, but the episode still sucked.

The only good part of the episode was the team-up of Cisco, Wally, and Martian Manhunter. Especially Cisco in the fight with how he used the breaches. I wish Cisco could be more active in participating in future battles.

You could skip the episode and the only thing you need to know for the plot of future episodes is that Barry and Iris are together again.
    San Goku likes this.
  9. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    Did they explain who that OP guy was, does anybody know?
  10. cole_924 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I don't think they did besides him saying something about them not understanding where hes from.

I have to say although i found this episode to be trully cringe worthy Joe west stein and melyn singing more i cannot wish you was really good
    UNTZ and San Goku like this.
  11. Holy Cowboy Brigade Chief

Message Count:
    He was supposed to be based on the Music Meister from Batman Brave and the Bold. However, instead of following the cartoon, they turned him into Deus Ex "Lesson Teacher" ( though he was nicknamed Music Meister ) because Barry and Kara were fond of Musicals instead of say...war or comedy movies. This episode also means that Kara and Mon El are back together. The musical itself... Romeo and Juliet meets Musical. Throw in the mandatory LGBT reference for Flash. That's the episode. Also Cisco unveiled 'new power' that has nearly no practical use besides this episode.
  12. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    Good ep on Flash, I wish the crew got more intel on that magician guy. lol @ Cisco, that moment when Gypsy tells Cisco her old lover is dead. The sigh of relief in his face and then he says I'm sorry, lmao! It just pisses me off with Caitlin why does she automatically have to become evil when shes Killer Frost when everyone else embraces their powers and have their personalities intact?
    UNTZ likes this.
  13. Leroy :Re

Message Count:
    I know right? Whats with every ice powered girl ever becoming a bitch immediately?
    San Goku and UNTZ like this.
  14. UNTZ Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, it seems really lazy to have her powers make Caitlin evil. No else has powers that change their personality. Everyone who turned evil after getting powers already had signs of it before they got their abilities. It's obvious that they're doing this because they want the drama of Caitlin becoming evil but don't want it to last so she can return to the team. This gives an easy out, both to to make her evil and to return her to the team.

As for the episode, I liked Abra Kadabra. That moment at the end when Barry tried to appeal to the good in him and his response before he walked off to his own execution was an awesome villain moment.

Also, it is smart of Barry to try to travel to the future to try to negate the advantage villains from the future would have. But that should have consequences of it's own. I'm really curious how this will play out.
  15. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    But what about Ice?

[IMG]

Also read this rumor that Thinker might be the big bad for next season.
  16. cole_924 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    When Savitar first appeared is that the natural way Barry was supposed to see him, or was that a product of him meddling with time? Also if Savitar knows the future, knows he'll inevitably lose to Barry and get trapped once again in the speedforce, then why is he so goddamn cocky? You'd think he'd be the one actively trying to change the future i don't understand time travel BS
    San Goku likes this.
  17. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    Cause knowledge is power and when you have more knowledge then your opponent you have leverage. Him being cocky is underestimating destiny (as well as everyone else actually).
    UNTZ likes this.
  18. cole_924 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It all just seems so silly to me. He says Barry's hopeless to stop him, I dont understand why he dosent stop himself, and go about ruining Barry in some other way rather then following the same actions that lead tomhim being imprisoned its really annoying
    San Goku likes this.
  19. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    The Savitar they are facing is the one from the future. Thanks to Wally he was able to escape from where Barry put him. Barry hasn't met the Savitar that he will eventually imprison one day.
    UNTZ likes this.
  20. cole_924 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Wouldnt that mean Savitar is trapped in a never ending loop of being imprisoned in the speedforce? All the more reason for him to wanna break the norm and say maybe i should maake a new playbook