Resident Evil 6

Discussion in 'Games Domain' started by White wolf, Apr 10, 2012.

1. White wolf ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

Message Count:
    Resident Evil 6

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Resident Evil 6
    [IMG]
    Resident Evil 6 logo seen at the end of the announcement trailer.
    Developer(s) Capcom
    Director(s) Eiichiro Sasaki
    Yoshiaki Hirabayashi
    Designer(s) Jiro Taoka
    Release date(s)

List[show]

Resident Evil 6, known in Japan as Biohazard 6 (バイオハザード6), is an upcoming dramatic horror video game developed and published by Capcom and scheduled for release on October 02, 2012 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and at a later date for Microsoft Windows.[2]

Contents

[hide]
    [edit] Storyline

The year is 2013 and U.S. President Adam Benford has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the 1998 Raccoon City Destruction Incident in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity.[3] Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest decision ever. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in the fictional China city, Lanshiang (based on Hong Kong), itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack.[4] With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.[5]
    [edit] Development

Concept development of the game began soon after the release of Resident Evil 5, and began full development in 2010. An official trailer was released on January 19, 2012.[6]
    The development of the game is led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who is stated by Capcom to be aiming to "deliver the most impressive Resident Evil title ever both in terms of scope and production values." Capcom also noted that the game is meant to be "a giant stride forward in the evolution of the series."[7] In the updated trailer featuring introductions from the producers and director, the game has a development staff of more than 600, making it Capcom's biggest production to date.[8]
    On April 10, 2012, a second trailer was released which detailed the game's plot further and revealed that the blonde female from the original trailer is Sherry Birkin, a character originally seen in Resident Evil 2, and Jake Muller, the third playable character is the son of Albert Wesker. A female antagonist was also shown but not named. The trailer also revealed that the release date has been moved from November 20, 2012 to October 2, 2012.[9]
    [edit] Demo

A playable demo of Resident Evil 6 is currently scheduled for release on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace on September 5, 2012.[10] 60 days early access to the demo will also be included with the Xbox 360 version of Dragon's Dogma, granting owners access on July 3, 2012.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_6

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-04-10/resident-evil-6-game-new-trailer-posted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-04-11/resident-evil-6-jacket-offered-in-$1300-game-set

Resident Evil 6 Jacket Offered in $1300 Game Set

posted on 2012-04-11 09:30 EDT

Limited bundle to include PS3/Xbox 360 game, Leon's jacket, tablet case

[IMG]
    The game publisher CAPCOM's official online shop e-CAPCOM began accepting pre-orders on Wednesday for a premium limited edition version of the of the Biohazard 6 (Resident Evil 6) survival horror game. The exclusive set costs 105,000 yen (about US$1,300) and bundles a reproduction of the character Leon S. Kennedy's leather jacket with a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 version of the game.
    Because the manufacturers aimed to make them detailed and accurate representations of the jacket seen in the game, the jackets will offer a "tight silhouette" like Leon's. The jackets will be made from top-quality leather and come in Japanese sizes S, M, L, and XL.
    People who pre-order the set will also receive one of four randomly selected tablet case covers that feature Leon, Chris, Jake, or a secret character until supplies run out. In addition, members of the official Biohazard fan club Club96 will receive 9,600 points to use on the e-CAPCOM website. The website will accept pre-orders for the premium set until June 11.
    Biohazard 6's Japanese release date for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions has been moved up from November 22, 2012 to October 4, 2012. The game versions' North American and European release date of November 20 was also moved to October 2.
  2. wanda Active Member

Message Count:
    Not going to lie: judging from what I have seen, this game really doesn't interest me. I didn't really like any of the Resident Evil games that came out after Code Veronica and Outbreak File #2 [the latter of which was only fun with friends] as much as the first few games. RE4 was okay, but the move away from survival horror and towards action made it shitty. RE5 was utter shit and RE6 looks like it is going to complete the transition to full-on cover shooter. Which is a shame.

Seems like even Capcom is too afraid or too greedy to refrain from making their titles friendly on casual gamers and appealing to people who just want to shoot things. It'll be well received by critics and gamers, who will praise the "evolution" of the games, I just don't like the path it's taking.

Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but to me, RE was always about resource management, problem solving and careful planning before it was about the action, with the fixed camera angles adding much to the tension experienced as you ventured into the unknown. Combat was better avoided if at all possible, as the scarcity of ammunition forced you to be evasive and considerate rather than trigger-happy. And like other classic titles, such as Metal Gear Solid, the first few RE games were as much about effective storytelling as they were about gameplay.

RE6 appears to continue the more recent trend of keeping the camera directly behind the player character, so you always see your enemy directly; originally, you'd see what happened to previous victims and hear unsettling noises before seeing the enemy responsible. Having the camera follow you doesn't completely eliminate the tension, but it stops it from building up quite as well.

Also, judging from the frankly militaristic emphasis on shooting in that trailer, I'm guessing ammunition and new weapons are going to be everywhere, so that the game will appeal to the FPS players who don't give a crap about good stories or even exciting gameplay, who just want to go around killing things in ever more "badass" ways.

Don't get me wrong though, the alterations made to the gameplay are not the only things I disliked about more recent RE titles. The story itself has been dragged out far too long and it has been squeezed for every penny. It wouldn't hurt to move away from the evil corporation explores terrible science and infects everyone thing. RE should take a break.

Capcom could explore other ideas in survival horror, like natural disasters or being a fugitive. You could quite easily make a fun game out of one's bid to survive an earthquake or being on the run from the authorities without initially knowing why. Or, at the very least, Capcom could flex its developmental muscles making a decent action game with its own story, rather than playing it safe in every possible way by making an action game and selling it with one of its most financially successful titles to guarantee sales.

I understand that the current economic climate and the vastness of the video game market are behind the no-risk policies that a lot of developers seem to be adopting, but it's still rather sad. RPGs and now survival horror games all seem to be becoming action games, with talk of "fluidity" nearly always being a misleading way of saying that the fine-tuning, menu-based elements of such games are being removed so nothing need interrupt your killing spree. I don't appreciate that.
    Haohmaru likes this.
  3. Victor Von Doom Turn the beat back

Message Count:
    While I love the old Resident Evil games I gotta say, fix camera can go die on ditch and rot in hell. It is easily the worst element of the older games. It's there to build tension but all it did was build my frustration. I hated entering a room and not having a clear view of it. I hated that I knew there was a zombie around that corner as it can hear it's moans, sluggish movement or even see it's shadow but awful camera prevent me knowing it's true position and I end running right into it rather than avoiding it like I want. There's those times where the changing cameras screwed with your controls. That camera made things more difficult than it needed to be. RE5's "Lost in Nightmares" DLC and Revelations proved that atmosphere, horror and resource management of the older games are definitely possible with the newer gameplay. I never want to see a fix camera in RE ever again.

Resident Evil did move away from Evil Corporation thing. RE4 anyone? Where the plot was to recuse the president's daughter from evil Spanish cult that controlled people with parasites. RE5 initially about containing a outbreak in Africa as by that point in the series bio weapons became common in the black market and thus outbreaks begun springing up in different parts of world.
  4. Digital Masta Fukuoka City Livin'

Message Count:
    Resident Evil hasn't been about Umbrella for a while. It's been about terrorist.
  5. Marlie Otaku

Message Count:
    Terrorists are the new villians. Didn't you get that memo?
  6. wanda Active Member

Message Count:
    I was unclear; the fact that the series is now about bio-terrorism sucks. It should have ended with RE3 or Code Veronica.

edit: imho
  7. Marlie Otaku

Message Count:
    It was always about bioterrorism. We just didn't call it that pre-9/11.
  8. Victor Von Doom Turn the beat back

Message Count:
    ^This is true. Umbrella was a PMC as well as a pharmaceutical company. They just deal in monsters and viruses instead of guns and soldiers like normal PMCs.
  9. Victor Von Doom Turn the beat back

Message Count:
  10. Marlie Otaku

Message Count:
    Bump cause apparently there is a Resident Evil 6 demo that comes with the retail version of Dragon's Dogma. Which I ordered and should be here tommorow.
  11. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    I wanted to get DD as well, but I didn't like the demo at all. Let us know what the demo's like bra
  12. Marlie Otaku

Message Count:
    I just got in in the mail brah so I'm gonna check out the RE6 demo and let you guys know in a few.
  13. Evil Sannin K!ng D!ngal!ng

Message Count:
    It's just a Demo token so when it is released. I got DD also and it just has the token but not the actual demo yet. I was pretty upset lol
  14. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    Haha so when is the demo coming out?
  15. Evil Sannin K!ng D!ngal!ng

Message Count:
    July freaking 3rd. I was actually gonna play the demo before playing DD. But when it's released it'll be added to the DD menu options to play from disc
  16. Marlie Otaku

Message Count:
    I know dude I was heated when I read that....like who the fucks give a pass to a demo that come out like a month later. Fucking A man....oh well Dragon's Dogma is pretty neat.
    Evil Sannin likes this.
  17. Evil Sannin K!ng D!ngal!ng

Message Count:
    I haven't gotten to play DD that much yet. I just finished the mission where you get the flowers for the lady healing the people. Not sure if you did that much yet but it's like the very first mission. I was just running around town breaking shit and getting items before actually venturing off. Got Rook at my first pawn before I left the town. If I get on today I'll play more.

Yeah they had a midnight release for it since Ghost Recon came out also and I read the package it said download token and didn't think much at that point until I saw how small the download was after entering in the code and was like "Hell Naw" then I read the info and was like "Bull Shit!" nonetheless I bought DD b/c I was interested in it so it's all good. Was just really amped to play RE-6 Demo.
  18. White wolf ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

Message Count:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-06-20/2-resident-evil-6-gameplay-videos-posted

PS3/Xbox 360 horror game to ship in N. America, Europe on October 2

The official YouTube channel for the Resident Evil video game franchise began streaming two nine-minute gameplay videos on Wednesday for the Biohazard 6 (Resident Evil 6) video game.

Resident Evil 6 takes place ten years after the events in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. The story begins as the President of the United States plans to reveal the truth behind the Raccoon City incident. A survivor and friend of the U.S. President, Leon S. Kennedy discovers that the President became the victim of another bioterrorism attack. The Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance Member Chris Redfield arrives in China as the country is also at risk for another attack.
    A demo for Resident Evil 6 will be available for download in the XBox Live Marketplace on July 3, and in the PlayStation Store on September 4 (September 3 in America) for those who bought the Dragon's Dogma game that shipped last month.
    Resident Evil 6 was slated to ship for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in North America and Europe on November 20 and in Japan on November 22. However, CAPCOM moved up the release to October 2 in North America and Europe and October 4 in Japan. A personal computer version is also planned.
  19. Digital Masta Fukuoka City Livin'

Message Count:
    Uh, so they mean Resident Evil 2. Why the hell couldn't they just say that? Trying to plug their shitty new game I guess.
  20. Marlie Otaku

Message Count:
    And nothing remotely interesting happened in that gameplay. In anycase I'm glad to see you can shoot and move for a change. Thank fucking god. I don't know about you guys but Resident Evil for me hasn't been scary in a long ass time. I really wanna see my nigga Chris do his thing in China for real.