Rainmeter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by batman555, Aug 12, 2010.

1. batman555 Alice in Musicland

Message Count:
    http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/

Rainmeter is a desktop customization platform. Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gagdgets, or dashboard widgets for the Mac. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and send your tweets to Twitter - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking.

Do you guys use it? It looks cool but I don't know how hard it is to install or if it's worth it or whatnot. ;~;
    1 people like this.
  2. Moss Moo...

Message Count:
    Should be in computers, but beware of trollz.

Yes, I've used it but most of the themes out there for rainmeter is just pure plain copy paste shit from other people. There's like 10 real theme makers for rainmeter and the rest copy paste it in different colors.

If you know any or at all, HTML coding or CSS, using Rainmeter will be easy because most scripts are XYZ-oriented, and color and alpha coding.
    Also there's the "instead of" code which replaces all the numbers into text or whatever you want.

For Windows XP there's a more graphical program like rainmeter called Samurize which is really fun to use if you have photoshop.
  3. Drak ミ(◕ω◕*)ミ!!!!

Message Count:
    i dunno. i wouldn't bother with it. seems like a hassle to maintain.
  4. Saiya-jin I hate Mondays.

Message Count:
    I tried it once, but I ended up not using it very much. I do use RocketDock, though. That's very useful for organizing your Desktop icons, though. I put that and my toolbar on Auto-Hide, and my desktop just looks clean. Nothing but whatever my desktop picture is.
  5. Moss Moo...

Message Count:
    But if you still want icons on your desktop and actively using your desktop without seeing your icons, there's fences. With a simple doubleclick all icons goes into hiding. Also, great organizing feature with boxes on the desktop of which you can change color, opacity and position.