[Other] Review the Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by fieldy, May 6, 2009.

1. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    Who knew watching someone grow potatoes could be so interesting right! This movie had me in suspense from start to finish. Def one of the better movies I've seen in years. I would rate it 8.5/10

The revenant 8.5/10
    What can I say about this movie. Yall probably know it's with Leo Dicaprio and any movie with him on board is most probably gonna rock. This movie def did that and some more. This movie is just freaking raw. The way the scenes are shot and the way you get pulled into all the suffering on screen. It's like you're almost their suffering with Leo.
    I had to Google the director because this amazed me. It's the same guy that directed birdman, which I haven't watched yet but def will soon.
    To sum up, anyone interested in a raw movie with man versus nature and a bit of a revenge story thrown in between, has to watch this. Also it's starring Leo Dicaprio and Tom Hardy so you know you're getting some awesome acting.

The walk 8/10
    One of my favorite actors is JGL. He's been impressing me with some cool movies these last few years like Don John, premium rush and looper. So when I saw this on imdb the other day I thought, it's about some dude who walks over a long line between the twin towers, how much fun can that be? But when I saw that JGL was playing the lead I gave it a shot and man was I happy I did. Hollywood has done it again, making something that sounds so boring actually really fun and thrilling to watch. That last scene where JGL is preparing the walk and actually walks the line had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Really nice movie. Def one I would recommend watching on a date.
  2. killacross Ninensei

Message Count:
    Unfriended

7/10

Im not really sure how to classify this...its a "horror" movie but it is done entirely from a computer screen (the friends get in a group chat and are harassed by an online bully typea deal)

just very different....and it gets engaging pretty quick...the ending was average

TL;DR...I enjoyed it but likely wouldnt watch it a second time
  3. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    The Mermaid (Chinese movie)

A mermaid that falls in love with a Billionaire that originally wanted to have revenge and kill him for destroying her ocean home. Great movie and is actually relevant and I don't know if it was made on purpose to be politically driven with all that is happening in the South China Sea.

8/10

Marauders (2016)

Director: Steven C. Miller
    Stars: Bruce Willis, Christopher Meloni, Dave Bautista
    Plot: When a bank is hit by a brutal heist, all evidence points to the owner and his high-powered clients. But as a group of FBI agents dig deeper into the case - and the deadly heists continue - it becomes clear that a larger conspiracy is at play.

Great movie, one of those unexpected gems that I stumbled upon on a Friday night when I didn't have much to do and was tired from work. Great action, the movie keeps you guessing and thinking who, what and why's. 10/10
  4. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    Don't Breathe (2016)

This is a horror thriller film. It has been awhile since I could recall watching a really good film like this. It is really different. A couple burglars try to rob a blind army vet and things turn for the worst. The acting was great, a lot of times you don't know what is going to happen next. What I like although the protagonist are burglars you get drawn into their character and feeling you're in on the ride trying to escape.
    8/10
    ifeanyi84 and Vicious like this.
  5. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    I just watched The Magnificent Seven and thought it was a great Western/Action movie. I must say that is one of the most diverse cast I've ever seen in my life. You don't watch many great western cowboy movies so it was refreshing. Any movie with Denzel never fails to entertain me so I knew I was going to enjoy it. 8/10. I might watch the original Seven Samurai.
  6. Leroy Plus Ultra

Message Count:
    Yesterday i watched John Wick Chapter 2. I'm glad that the action remained as good as it was in the first movie. Keanu Reeves is a beast and has like a 99% accuracy for headshots within 15 feet. Another thing I'm glad for is the more in depth look at the organization that Wick belongs to. And although this movie does set up for a third movie, it spends its time being its own movie rather than a set up movie which some of these franchise building movies forget how to do. I was worried that the story for this movie wouldn't be worth it. The first movie was a simple old fashioned revenge movie. But they managed to set up the story for this one just fine. Its safe to say that Wick is back for good.
    I give it an 8/10.
    UNTZ and San Goku like this.