[Other] || Recommendations & General Film Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by Ashirogi, Jun 4, 2009.

1. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    Re: || Recommendations & General Film Discussion

It's not really horror, but you might want to try Battle Royale.
  2. Lokes Tavar of Alera

Message Count:

yeah not horror but from the guy that did Ichi (Miike) and the guy who wrote Ringu (Horoshi) comes Crows Zero 1 and 2
  3. Rai Ryuzaki Time to make the chimi f@$% changas!

Message Count:

Got any suggestions for thriller movies
  4. Drak ミ(◕ω◕*)ミ!!!!

Message Count:

i see. i might consider it if it is somewhat eccentric.

i already saw 'battle royal'. i haven't seen the sequel though.
  5. eddieson cookie

Message Count:

It's not all that good, but it should still be on youtube if you plan to see it.
  6. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:

I'm watching Mars Attacks! and it's absurd how many good and famous actors play in this one. It's like they did a funny project because they got bored. Anyone know what got all those actors together?
  7. Mongor Dave, you're my wife now

Message Count:

Money or the chance for them to work together?

I just watched Bloodsport. As a kid I loved it. All kids loved The Karate Kid but when I was 8 I got to see this and it made a big impression. Watching it for the first time in quite a few years it looks kind of crap. It has not aged well and MMA has spoiled me, the fights that looked so good to me as a kid look like crap now. Does anyone know of a film like Bloodsport that has half decent fights? I like the cheesy, generic and overdone international tournament set up, I just want to be able to enjoy somewhat believable fights :S Perhaps they should remake it, keep the music and the signature 80's montage. Now that I think about it maybe Tekken will be up to the job. In the meantime, suggestions please.
  8. Lokes Tavar of Alera

Message Count:

Shootfighter 1 and 2, more mma styled from like 93-94 i think. Bolo Yueng acts in it also but as a good guy this time.
  9. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
  10. nameless_5r Ichinensei

Message Count:
    has anyone seen "the cove" on animal planet? please watch it....i feel its very important.
  11. Trejo Vendeho!

Message Count:
    I finally got around to watching Requiem for a dream.

My God. Ending was straight up depressing. I just sat in my hair for a good minute taking it all in. Was like the movie began to make me physically sick. The actual movie itself was awesome. Great insight into the characters and what they were experiencing through their constant drug use. Pretty much touched on the short, temporary highs and the crushing, long lasting lows of each characters addiction. Music was awesome. Each piece complimented its respective scenario perfect.

But damn......just so depressing. I didn't shed a tear but feel like all the happiness I have just left my body.

9/10
  12. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    Just saw a trailer for your highness. Looks pretty funny and damn does look nataly portman look fit.
    1 people like this.
  13. Clay Hail to the King

Message Count:
    The Prestige - Better than Inception, imo.
  14. Fluff Bunny Ichinensei

Message Count:
    Seriously. Requiem is one of my favorite movies of all time, but one that I'm always reluctant to watch again. It's a spiral into a pit of despair, and as the credits are rolling you just sit there watching it, hoping that there's going to be some after-credit relief. But it never comes.

Also, the music in that movie stuck in my head for days.
  15. dreed Scourge of Seven Seas

Message Count:
    question about buffy the vampire slayer

I had never ever seen it. Maybe few minutes of some episodes.

Worth watching it now?
  16. Nuggalicious Member

Message Count:
    So i just finished watching battle los angeles, i effing loved it, one of the best military based movies i've seen, blew independence day outa the water, meaning, i could imagine something like this actually happening vs humans reverse engineering a alien jet strapping a nuke on it and destroying an entire alien species with it

season of the witch was pretty cool too, nicholas cage was amazing in it
  17. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
  18. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
  19. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    Another Upgrade & Save with Best Buy.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=222495

Also, with the Flashpoint coming out this would make it 10bucks as it's 15.00 preorder right now and will be the same in BB stores.

.. so I went after work and got Blade, FF Advent Children, Heavy Metal.. the old ass flick with sammy hagar music, predators and river runs through it. 9.99 blurays with 5 bucks off that so next to nothing. Trading in 5 more tom.
  20. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    So once again it's the greatest time of the year with the holidays and black friday specials.. I do not step inside a mall for this lol. All online.

There are deals for everything but I mostly look for movies on bluray.. can also find them for dvd. Here are some helpful links.

www.blu-ray.com - You'll see bluray deal links at the very top that are ongoing also Amazon's lightning deals have already started for everything including movies.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...zon-black-friday-week-20131121,0,5715203.post

As always walmart, target, best buy.. pretty much everyone has ongoing deals up to and through black friday and tons of price matching. Alot of these deals for blurays will great on thurs/friday.

here is the amazon deals for movies with timers and what is upcoming as well: http://www.amazon.com/todaysdeals-d..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02M810KKF8P0523KSV1K

I also use hometheaterforum.com