[Ongoing] Robot X Laserbeam

Discussion in 'Manga' started by San Goku, Mar 16, 2017.

1. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
  2. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    I closed after I saw the cover. I hate golf.
  3. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    what? Golf is awesome! It grew on me more and more over the years. I got to see Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Jorden Speith and Vejay Singh play last summer. I used to hate it as a kid (early years) cause it seemed too slow and it was all old guys. I played a couple games in univ and had a blast playing.

Give it a chance Haoh!
  4. dreed Scourge of Seven Seas

Message Count:
    I don't understand the premise. the guy is incredible golfer so where is the conflict?

Unless he is not the main guy
    San Goku likes this.
  5. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
  6. Ascheriit | (• ◡•) | (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Message Count:
    I'm a sucker for genius + weird mc's. But golf is not a physical sport, so like dreed said, what's the conflict?

The only thing I see here that can hinder Robo is nature/environment. Maybe psyche him up, but not physically interfere w/ him hitting the ball, that would be against the rules of golf. I just don't see this getting that far.
    San Goku likes this.
  7. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
  8. XandorXerxes Sannensei

Message Count:
    The conflict is that he has one skill, which isn't enough to win. You could also argue that there's a conflict with his character, and how he needs to develop it. Manga isn't really to my tastes, and if the author follows in the same footsteps of KnB it's going to go completely off the rails when sharingan users start showing up. I wouldn't call it bad though, I'm still reading it.
    Ascheriit and San Goku like this.
  9. Thunderbox Those sleepless nights

Message Count:
    I read the first chapters, it's pretty dull yeah, but I have a weak spot for sports mangas with people hitting the ceiling of their skills and abilities, being outclassed by superior players and realising they'll never be able to achieve that kind of level.

edit: i read up until the most recent chapter, it's pretty cliché... I'll continue reading because I like the art, and I don't mind adding an extra manga to read.
    San Goku likes this.
  10. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
  11. Thunderbox Those sleepless nights

Message Count:
    Lol man oh god... I forgot mangas tend to give techniques weird epic names like it's some superhuman thing.
    San Goku likes this.
  12. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
  13. Thunderbox Those sleepless nights

Message Count:
    It's pretty interesting, rather than being an amazing golfer or whatever, he's just got an amazing ability to learn. Pretty damn cool.

Who's spot do you guys think Robo will take? From what I've seen so far, he'd take the spot from the guy who's his partner in the current game, because he's the least mature. However -- the thing is -- their characters have a good chemistry, so I feel he's going to remain an important character to the story.