Morestsu Pirates anime -- A female anime lead!

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Øberyn, Jan 17, 2012.

1. krozar Administrator

Message Count:
    Moretsu Pirates AKA Bodacious Pirates
    Winter 2012

[IMG]

Torrents: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=moretsu pirates

Wikipedia Plot
    In the far future where space travel has become the norm, Marika Kato is a high school girl living a rather ordinary life as a member of the space yacht club and a part-time job at a high-class retro café. One day, Marika meets subordinates of her recently deceased father who reveal her father was a space pirate. By law, only direct descendants can only inherit her father's spaceship, the Bentenmaru, which her father's subordinates ask that she takes over as their new Captain. Thus begins Marika's life as a Space Pirate.

My Thoughts
    The flying seems pretty realistic and the futuristic vibe also fits well into the show, as the technology is plausible. The characters are interesting and with good art and personality. What I like is that the lead is female, something we don't see too much in anime. Overall I liked the ep. The show can go either way from this point, too often we see great starting eps and the show ends up complete garbage. I am currently about to watch episode 2.

Screens
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

[IMG]
    Vicious likes this.
  2. Coopsman Ichinensei

Message Count:
    looks good so far.
  3. Kraker2k Kraker2k

Message Count:
    I plan to watch this, gonna wait for another ep before watching it at once. Can't stand watching a single episode as these days its never enough to gauge whether a show is good or not.
  4. krozar Administrator

Message Count:
    Ep 3 will be out soon.
  5. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    up to ep. 8 that's out now.. gonna watch these tonight. looks to be pretty decent eh.

Really liked that ED song.