1. I'm looking for an iOS and android app (preferable) or iOS app and computer program that will let me make international calls or texts for free and without having me sign all of my personal information over. All of the "top rated" apps want access to a variety of information I'm not really willing to part with. I was hoping someone here had one they recommended. Calling function not actually needed, I just assume it would be packaged in. Just need to be able to message / text.

Thanks.
  2. If such an app exist I want to know, that would be really handy right now.
  3. ...you mean email?
  4. I was looking for something more along the lines of a messenger or something that used texts instead of data.
  5. Don't know about the free part, but IM services like google talk and skype sort of do what you're asking about. Skype lets you call any phone worldwide for a very low rate, and calls to computers are free.

Aside from that, there's this app. Before you say anything, no I don't have or use it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textmeinc.textme
  6. ^
    Yeah what he said. I was going to say if you have people in international countries. I'll just use Android and google hangout. I think texting is going out as SMS text. Then again I think Google might have discontinued that.