[Film/TV] General Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by MC Clean, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Mongor Dave, you're my wife now

Message Count:
    I thought the film was ok. I had quite low expectations and the film more than met them which was great. Ultimately I wasn't a fan of the plot which is fairly fundamental in liking a film but everything was pretty good.

There was more gore or explicit violence than in the other Wolverine/X-Men films and that was fine. It wasn't necessary to the extent it was shown but it was good to see some blood. It felt like they went out of their way to emphasise the violence and bad language though. It was jarring to hear Professor X swear but it was also quite funny so I liked it… initially. As with the violence some of the language felt like it was there to deliberately help force a more mature certification. It wouldn’t have felt as forced if that tone had been set in the other films though. We’ve had (approximately) 10 X-Men films and the characters have been quite well established up to this point and drastic changes like that did feel awkward.

The X-Men have always been interesting to me because of the team dynamics, Wolverine as a character is of course interesting but I haven’t been sold on any of his stand alone films.

In the last few years I’ve become more critical of films in general so I realise I am probably outnumbered on this but overall I think Jackman has been a great Wolverine but the films haven’t fully done him justice. I expect this was the last Wolverine solo film and it was a shame to see Wolverine an old, weathered shell of his former self. I’d have liked to see Jackmans retirement of the character go out in his prime. With that said I still think this was the strongest Wolverine film. The acting was good, there were some really nice emotional moments, I enjoyed the overall tone and there was really good humour too.

If you liked the previous Wolverine films I’m sure you’ll like this one.
    UNTZ, San Goku and Leroy like this.
  2. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    I understand your feelings about establishing characters in the previous films but because they let us know it was year 2029 and a lot of time has passed, people are a lot older (Charles is practically senile) I thought their behavior change was warranted. Charles sickness made him kill innocent people and Wolverine just being tired of the same b.s and strongly taking the cowards way out and putting an end to it all. I don't know why but when they went to the family in the corn field the Terminator crossed my mind.
    UNTZ likes this.
  3. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    Maybe because someones eye was blown of which resembeled t1000.
    UNTZ and San Goku like this.
  4. MC Clean Olivia "Chachi" Gonzales

Message Count:
    UNTZ likes this.
  5. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    The Logan movie came immediately after this trailer which made it better lol.
    UNTZ likes this.
  6. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    Black Bolt, Lockjaw and Nico set pics.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    UNTZ likes this.
  7. Leroy :Re

Message Count:
    Looks like Iron Fist is the black sheep of the marvel netflix family. The reviews are not so good at least for the first 6 eps that were made available to the press.
    To cheer you up here are some images from Thor:Ragnarok
    [IMG]
    Hela, Thor and Valkyrie
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And Goldblum as Grandmaster. Notice the chin paint not unlike his fellow Elder of the Universe, Collector.
    Vicious and UNTZ like this.
  8. Holy Cowboy Brigade Chief

Message Count:
    Whose the Power Ranger reject?
  9. MC Clean Olivia "Chachi" Gonzales

Message Count:
    My god Chris Hemsworth's triceps are monstrous.
  10. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    Is that Rhianna? Lmao
  11. Leroy :Re

Message Count:
    Damn, that episode of Legion was good. Although we got some explanation as to how David's powers work it kinda sucks that Lenny, Benny, the dog and the creepy kid from the story is the same personality. And I hope that they are mistaken in believing that the man with the yellow eyes is a separate mutant. I want that to be a distinct personality. But I'm very glad that we finally got to see a different personality taking control of David. I don't think the real David was in control for the most part of the episode. I think Lenny was the one who kept creating the mind space in the astral plane and who wanted to go to D3. But once he got there Lenny unleashed the man with the yellow eyes to kill them all.
    UNTZ likes this.
  12. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    I was just about to write the same thing. Killer episode. The way David skipped around killing all those soldiers was awesome. Did he show us more then one power when doing so, because I saw people getting lit up and also people being thrown around and pushed into walls.

If I remember correctly from the introduction film that IGN made I remember them saying that legion absorbed many different people (aka personalities) so I think yellow eyes and Lenny are just that. I'm still wondering the same thing you are which is, are those 3 personalities just one and the same.
    And what the hell happened at the end??

Good review of the episode with spoilers http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/09/legion-chapter-5-review
    UNTZ likes this.
  13. MC Clean Olivia "Chachi" Gonzales

Message Count:
    Still have yet to watch Legion, but by your explanations, I need to freakin start
  14. Leroy :Re

Message Count:
    The synopsis for Ragnarok.
    UNTZ likes this.
  15. UNTZ Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I didn't notice it the first time because I enjoyed watching the movie so much; but after watching Logan a few more times, there's one thing that confuses me. In Origins, Logan got shot in the head with an adamantium bullet and the only permanent damage was memory loss, yet here an adamantium bullet blows off the Wolverine clone's head, killing him. The bullet shouldn't have been able to kill the X24. Am I missing something?
    San Goku likes this.
  16. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    More powerful bullet or weaker Wolverine?
  17. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    Legion got renewed for a second season.
    UNTZ likes this.
  18. Leroy :Re

Message Count:
    Damn it. So Lenny and the devil with the yellow eyes are one and the same. Are there any actual personalities in David's head? Or just this parasite?
    UNTZ likes this.
  19. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    I heard the parasite is actually the Shadow King.
    UNTZ likes this.
  20. Leroy :Re

Message Count:
    Same here. And for anyone here who doesn't know, the Shadow King is a very powerful telepath second only to Xavier who has no physical body. He needs to posses other mutants, mostly telepaths, in order to exist in the material world.
    PS: I am so in love with Aubrey Plaza. I'm so jealous of the actor who plays David.
    UNTZ likes this.