[Film] Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by Mongor, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Mongor Dave, you're my wife now

Message Count:
    I was surprised that there wasn't already a thread for this.

Summary (as though none of you know anything about it)

The Last Jedi is scheduled for release on December 15, 2017.

I've never seen the Skellig islands look like that. It was a nice surprise to see them featured at much at the end of Episode VII and it looks like they'll be used much more in this one.
    UNTZ, Vicious, cain and 2 others like this.
  2. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    What does he mean by its time for the Jedi to end? The war to end or no more Jedi?
  3. Mongor Dave, you're my wife now

Message Count:
    I'm going to put this in spoilers because some people might not want to read guesses and hypothisis on the plot. I don't think it matters because nothing is confirmed one way or the other yet though.

The think the seeds have been sown in various ways that Rey won't end up being a jedi. Luke is the last one and she'll be someone who's grey with the force. The Jedi are light, the sith are Dark and the balance is somewhere in between.

There is a lot of discussion around who Rey's parents are and the popular opinion seems to be that she may be aKenobi. Personally I don't like the theory and I think she's a Skywalker but we'll soon see. Either way though I don't think she'll be a jedi.

Below is a video I saw a few months ago that I thought explained things quite well. As with all of these theories though you can find evidence for just about anything. A great example if the Jarjar Binks sith theory.

UNTZ, Vicious and San Goku like this.
  4. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    [IMG]

That poster though. :shiny:
    UNTZ, Vicious, cain and 1 other person like this.
  5. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    Poster is awesome
  6. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    It was a teaser so keeping it in perspective but the new trailer was meh. Anyone who has watched the lost eps with Yoda and the whills from clone wars or kept up with Rebels knows where this is headed.

...and that is what Lukey meant with buhbye jedi. I can spoil the whole movie if you guys want. Even the poster is a huge giveaway.

https://m.imgur.com/a/vF2Mf

Also in that shot 1:11 there is a 3rd person watching Rey saber train to the right.
    UNTZ likes this.
  7. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    ^
    Don't spoil it but you kinda just did smh
  8. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    Then again I honestly have no idea cause I am jusr a fan.
  9. Leroy Plus Ultra

Message Count:
    I'm with you on this. The trailer was meh. Nothing special. And I agree with where Luke wants to take this. He is finally going to do what Anakin should have done decades ago.
    UNTZ and San Goku like this.
  10. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    Yup. Definitely going towards something gray. I am not hyped at all for this. Not after the poop that was TFA. There is definitely something missing from the sequels now that Disney has control and there is no George Lucas.
  11. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    I blame that more on JJ tbh. Kennedy was with Lucas forever and she knows.. lol what if the standalone movies like rogue one end up all being better than the sequels. what?!!?!