[Film] Ghost in the Shell

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by eddieson, Sep 22, 2016.

1. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    I'm kind of in the same boat as well, don't really remember the original plot but I am loving the cgi. I thought the trailer was really good and I am more interested in the movie.
  2. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    This. I know most of us nerds want comic and anime continuity / faithfulness but with these anime movies this ^ Ok Dragonball was just an awful pos.. I mean they didn't even try to be somewhat faithful but this looks pretty damn good and close enough for me. However, I am not a fan of how they are telling Motoko's story and Batou seems all Keanu Reeves emo. At least give me a MOTOKOOO!!

Been going back and watching the seasons and all the movies on dvd/bluray. In the end anime movies will mostly fail because it's a niche crowd and the general populace does not give a flying.. marvel and dc are different.

Unless someone makes an anime movie that comes across as something super original like Matrix or Avatar. This is different for sure as far as scifi movies go.. not the run of the mill story/setting. It's like Black Rain scifi'd up. We'll see but I expect the ratings to bomb.
  3. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    It's not so much that the plot changed it's that they are using a very generic "your life was stolen" plot that is very common. Generic Hollywood. Unless of course that is just a red herring and it really isn't focused on that but Hollywood isn't that clever anymore.
    UNTZ, Vicious and Leroy like this.
  4. Cane_The9lives Indubitably.

Message Count:
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, they're really beating the whole "Existential dilemma" shtick to death, but I'll leave my final verdict post viewing.
  5. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    Yep and that is exactly what I was trying to refer to... it just felt so... American. The irony making it primarily for an audience that cares the least about it. Why can't Japan make Hollywood type flicks for their OWN FUCKING MATERIAL instead of shipping it off to the tards in Cali. Can we just put everything under the Marvel umbrella and Feige.
    San Goku likes this.