[Film] Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by Leroy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Leroy Plus Ultra

Message Count:

I am actually looking forward to this. I've always wanted to see more of the wizarding world without it being too focused on a teenager's minor squabble with a certain dark lord. Plus with the setting in US it would be fascinating to see how the what magic outside of UK. Not to mention since i read the source book on which inspired this movie, i've been dying to see all the different kinds of magical creatures in it.
    Vicious, UNTZ, MC Clean and 1 other person like this.
  2. Holy Cowboy Brigade Chief

Message Count:
    Casting of spells and shit without wands? How is this harry potter verse?
  3. Leroy Plus Ultra

Message Count:
    Where?
  4. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    Easily one of the most fantastic movies I've seen. The main male actor blows away Harry Potter. So so good. I loved every minute of it and it is just now coming out on bluray. Day one buy.

Also the tie ins to Harry Potter are nice:
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/21/...asts-and-where-to-find-spoilers-answers-twist

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them takes place the year Voldemort was born, he graduated from Hogwarts in 1945 (the year the final film in this series will take place). That means it will be another 11 years after this film that Dumbledore will meet Voldemort at the orphanage.

However, Dumbledore was not the headmaster at Hogwarts when he met Voldemort at the orphanage, Armando Dippet was the headmaster at that time. Dumbledore did not become headmaster until 1956. If you go back to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,

Voldemort was a student at that time, meaning that the events take place after Dumbledore meets Voldemort at the orphanage, and Dumbledore mentions that Dippet is the headmaster."
    San Goku and UNTZ like this.