1. English Death Note

It has come to my attention that Warner Bros. has aquired the rights to make its own live action Death Note movie based on the manga.

2. Re: English Death Note

Would take at least 2 movies to give justice.
  3. Re: English Death Note

I am begging them don't fuck this up
  4. Re: English Death Note

:/ That's like asking Viz not to mess up Naruto. I don't expect much... if anything from these studios.
  5. Re: English Death Note

Wait, back track. Based on the MANGA you said right?
    I'll be ok with the right writers and director (not to count the obvious fitting actors).

They can't fuck up DN more than the US fan base already has anyways, it'd be more like insult to injury.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Also, you used the wrong tag. I'll let it slide for now but please, try to read the stickies. [Notice] Prefix Labeling System
  6. Re: English Death Note

You know, besides Tranformsers, there are no other good live-action anime movies. Which really depresses me because they have such great material to work with.

This either could be really good or really bad. It's likely gonna be real bad tho, since hollywood dont really give a shit about us fans.
  7. Re: English Death Note

hmmm i hope that they can entertain me with this movie..

hmm apple's heheheh
  8. Re: English Death Note

:ninja:uMMMMMMMMMM im happy as long as fox isn't doing it.
  9. Re: English Death Note

Shia LaBeouf as Light Yagami. You heard it here first.

(No, I don't want it to happen either.)
  10. Re: English Death Note

You say this like the Japanese films were actually good. lol.

This film is so easy to do, and frankly the Shinigami would look WAAAY better than in the Japanese films...ugh.

This also doesn't actually mean they are going to make a film. It just means they own the rights and IF they want to make a film they can.
  11. Re: English Death Note

Transformers was an absolutely terrible movie. I'm sure Michael Bay had a lot to do with that.

I'd be interested to see how bad they could make Death Note. I love anything Death Note so it would have to be pretty damn bad for me to not sorta kinda like it. But I used to say that about Dragonball until I downloaded Dragonball Evolution and watched that trash.
  12. Re: English Death Note

I want to see Ryuk to look one bit realistic for once, the Japanese Live Version fucked Ryuk up so bad.
  13. Re: English Death Note

The casting should be impeccable, and they better not put a whole bunch of "pretty, famous people" in there just to score ticket sales. Oh, and Misa's hair better be blond. :|
  14. Re: English Death Note

You realize if they this that Japan will become America and other such changes.

I mean lets face it, Death Note can happen anywhere. So Misa's name and looks may change. Then again since it will likely be a remake that takes place in American she can actually have her hair blonde and she won't look stupid.
  15. Re: English Death Note

Hmmm...you've got a point. It'd probably take place in LA or NYC and the main characters would be renamed Lance, Luke, and Maria. :
  16. Re: English Death Note

If they do make this, I hope they do a good job on it. Though, I've learned not to get my hopes up too high because of past experiences.
  17. Re: English Death Note

They'll probably keep the names the same, but it's definitley going to take place in the US.
  18. Re: English Death Note

Who could play Light or even L
  19. Re: English Death Note

I remember hearing that Zac Efron was going to be Light, I'm not sure if that was a joke or not though.

It was at least rumoured anyway.
  20. Re: English Death Note

I will tear california apart with my bare hands if that happens