1. Bakuman
    [IMG]

Plot Summary: Moritaka Mashiro, a junior high school student, content to live out a relatively normal life as any other does, is persuaded by his classmate, Akito Takagi, to become an aspiring mangaka when the latter realizes his natural talent as an artist. However, Moritaka is reluctant to pursue his dream as his uncle, once a mangaka with his own serializations, died from overwork trying to regain his lost status. With Akito's help, Takagi gets another classmate and his school crush, Azuki Miho, who is an aspiring voice actress, to voice in the anime adaptation of their future manga once it is completed. However, Mashiro also proposes to Azuki, who surprisingly accepts only on the condition she will marry him when both of them have achieved their dreams. With a goal set before him, Mashiro begins a long and struggling path to become a famous mangaka.

Surprised there's not a thread for this yet. Who's picking this up?
  2. Been reading the manga since the very beginning. Looking forward to see how they'll do this.
  3. Having not read the manga, I hope the hype for this is justified.
  4. gg subs are out and it looks good so far.
    The OP is horrible though.
  5. Horrible indeed. http://tokyotosho.info/details.php?id=349251 gg

You're not really missing out on anything. The manga is so so. It's about 2 young manga artists that try to make it as mangaka's. You'll get an insight in the manga business (don't believe everything shown in the manga/anime though, for obvious reasons). I'll check out a couple of episodes. Not expecting much.

Just checked out episode 1 and I loved it. This really does work better as an anime than it does as a manga. I also like the VA's. Saiko and Takagi sound like I always thought they would sound in my head. The end of the episode was so much lol totally forgot about that. Here's a online link http://www.gogoanime.com/bakuman-episode-1

After hearing that rediculous promise again, I just don't understand what the they were thinking. I know the mangaka wants to make it different from the usual manga where boys meets girl and falls in love. But this is just weird. Especially the not meeting in between.
  6. The OP reminds me of Cross Game.
  7. Great first episode. I like the OP and ED. I think they've done a good job. The comical moments came out better than in the manga, which was great in my opinion.
  8. Yeah, the part where they were in front of Azuki's house was priceless, it made me laugh just as much as the manga counterpart. Ending should have been the opening.
  9. isn't this kind of like beyblade?
  10. Wut? No, Lol it's about kids aspiring to be mangakas.
  11. That's bakugan. This is bakuman.
  12. Wow, the fake anime intro for his Uncle's Manga was by Kageyama Hironobu, totally shocking.
  13. How come that name doesn't ring a bell to me? Goes out to investigate..
  14. 2 people like this.
  15. When I saw the first episode I was expecting something on the level of Genshiken. While it wasn't as good I still found it enjoyable. I gotta say that the conditions for the promise is dumb.
  16. Loving this. I actually tried reading this as a manga, but it just came boring after a while. I'm really looking forward to seeing this animated tho. The first 2 episodes seems really promising!
  17. Episode 3 is out. Is it just me or is this the second time they ran off of shouting stuff?
  18. They do that a lot. Anime is keeping up to manga standards.
  19. There's one thing I don't like is that they don't sound as excited or as crazy as I expected them to from the manga.