1. Saturday @ 6pm-ish EST the game will be reset with new rules in place.

--Villages

• villages will start with 1 million troops;
    • villages will have a minimum of 100,000 troops;
    • villages gain 5000 troops per cycle (each cycle is 1 hour);
    • villages start with 75 turns;
    • villages may save up to 75 turns;
    • villages start with 1,000 gold;
    • villages receive 30 gold per cycle;
    • villages start with 5 spies;

--Battle & Spy

• 2 turns required to generate new troops;
    • 15 turns required to generate income;
    • costs 10 turns to run an attack raid;
    • base casualty rate for attacking has been increased;
    • spying success has been increased slightly;
    • spies now cost 10,000 gold;
    • spy upkeep is 10 gold per cycle;
    • percentage of spies killed in an attack has been increased slightly;
    The goal is to give new villages a boost while not increasing the actual rate of troops gained in recruitment from turns. By increasing turn cost to 2, this effectively makes troops gained per turn to be 0.5%.

Growth is still very logarithmic, but the increase reliance of gold and increasing turns to generate gold may help to stave this a bit. For example, the maintenance cost of having spies will exceed income from cycles. To balance this, spies will cost more money as well as to prevent the recruitment of spies just before a spy mission (this will be tweaked further). Essentially the goal is to require more income generation.

In addition, some prices will be altered once the game is reset in order to create a balance and a money sink requirement for larger villages to remain competitive.
  2. Have the factions been determined yet?
  3. Something should be added to actually add battle strategy.
  4. @ Clay... might as well just write a whole new game.

Not yet.
  5. I had a serious question, whats the point of purposely slowing down a slow-paced game???
  6. I know and now sure why it was deleted because I didn't do it.

The point isn't to slow it down. The point is to actually create more villages that are comparable and can recover from a bad loss quicker. This still allows for 5 attacks within 48 hours. There were not people attacking anywhere near that rate in this game.
  7. I know a lot of people suggested some potential factions, but USA vs USSR seems the most appropriate. In my opinion anyway. It's ultimately up to you to decide whatever the factions are going to be called, but just putting it out there.
  8. but everybody hates usa and everybody loves Stalinist russia...

so won't we have imbalance?
  9. By the way, can I suggest another feature to add? The ability to send troops and/or money to villages within the factions as yours would be nice. Ie I send dreed 2000 troops.

The villages within the factions in conquest so far are very independent and it's difficult to help each other (as we should because we're a team) if we can't even send troops or money to our allies. We can only watch as our allies are slowly killed. That's not right.
  10. ^if that is allowed then there needs to be a limit on who can send what materials
    I.E. dudes with over9000000000 troops cannot send troops nor money to someone with like 500 troops

@krozar, it was because you made 2 threads
    LOL
  11. that would mess stuff up.

A village with 100k troops sends max. number of troops to village with 1k troops. it uses 75 turns to max out troops
    then sends 200K to the village which had only 100K before which uses 75 turns to make more troops
    every 3 days: repeat the process.

if done with more villages it will be hardcore.
  12. hrm, could we have like a monthly or weekly thing for it to be reset. and the faction that has the highest score at the end of that week or month wins a prize1? (gained rep points?)
  13. ^possibility. Will see how this goes.

-

I don't like the idea of using RL political entities for factions.

-

Trasnferring of troops and money would require some coding. It's a possibility but will not be added int he near future.
  14. kro. i am disappoint
  15. In my opinion thats the only way to do it, it's meant to be a battle sim or whatever why give it silly names that just kind of take away from it.
  16. So i take it that zackstrife (shota) won this round? Yay go shota!!!!!
  17. Reset complete.
  18. :///////////////////////////@ factions
  19. well it's probably gonna be more balanced that the USA vs USSR since everyone loves the USSR