Allow me to be a bit of a self promoting whore and present my project "This Is Japan" to ya'll

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by Digital Masta, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    I'm not gonna lie. I thought that was a man cosplaying as chunli in the thumbnail. The athletic body definitely fooled me. I mean damn, she's probably fitter than me.
    killacross likes this.
  2. killacross Ninensei

Message Count:
    FTFY

...and yea...guessing she has a great personality

so DM...she appears to be more "successful" in the US (the awards)....why did she have to move to Japan to pole dance? was it just on a whim kinda deal...or did a career take her there and she did it as a teacher/hobby afterwards? she said she was stripping state side...went to Japan...and picked it back up

and how do you select the subjects of your videos? and if possible...would you be open to suggestions in the future? I wanna see...I am a nurse...I am a salary man...I am a student...type of thing

I would think that the basic concept would be the same...but the nuances would be different for different cultures
  3. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    Haha I'm really fit though. Only thing she would win over me is her abs, because Fuck abs. Too lazy to train the abs.
  4. killacross Ninensei

Message Count:
    not really about training...more about lowering overall body fat...and easiest/best/only way to do that is diet

lifting weights/cardio/general exercise gives strength and muscle growth....diet gives definition
    do 1000 sit ups a night and eat like shit -- still equals pot belly
  5. Haohmaru Moderator

Message Count:
    True, but when you don't have much definition to begin with even when you have low body fat (me), you have to train.

Best way to get a sixpack is working out with a balanced diet (lowering certain types of food. Lowering doesn't mean stop eating). Otherwise you'll lose most of the muscle you build up. Especially in my case, since I play soccer 3 times a week. Which equals about 24 km of running (interval and endurance).

Or just start poledancing. It's one of the two I guess.
  6. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    She didn't move to Japan to pole dance, she originally moved over here to teach English and we were once in the same prefecture (Nagasaki) working. . That is how we originally met each other like 6 years ago.She did the stripper thing, then went to college, then Japan, then picked up pole again as a hobby Then we both finished that job I moved to Fukuoka and she also did as well. She started pursuing the pole dancing as her main thing after moving.

If you think the US sees pole dance a bit negatively then come to Japan. There are very few tournaments in Japan so even Japanese pole dancers have to leave the country to compete. She just needed a reset and decided that being back in the states would be a better fit for this stuff.

My partner actually was going to do something with a Japanese pole dancer here but apparently the politics of that world wouldn't let her do it. Whatever that means. Might be something we talk about in the video. Japan bullshit or something.

Also, I will definitely keep those ideas in mine about the salaryman and student thing. A college student would be more likely because I don't think we would get the permission for a junior high school or high schooler. No way their schools or parents would be okay with it.

We select subjects based on if we find what they do or who they are interesting or not. But if people want to see certain types of content we also think about that as well. Some of it might be a little hard to do because of the politics of their profession or situation. Like getting a nurse to give us access to her job would require us to get permission from her doctor (if private practice) or her hospital. And Japan can get super anal about this stuff.

We have over 10 different videos worth of content already shot so it may be a while before we get to releasing content that was filmed starting this year though. Depends on what we decide to cut and what not.
  7. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    Cool vid with Kitty, would of been nice to see her speak in Japanese and communicate with other Japanese in the language as she taught.
  8. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    I'm gonna be that guy.....DM you tap that?
  9. killacross Ninensei

Message Count:
    Im gonna be that guy

[IMG]

...i hope not
    San Goku and Haohmaru like this.
  10. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

She is like my sister. I don't see her that way at all.

And none of you would be handle that. Ya'll aren't ready for that level.
    San Goku likes this.
  11. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. killacross Ninensei

Message Count:
    2+ months later

where's my update Bruh?
    Zuzu likes this.
  13. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    Yeah, I know...believe me, I know.

It's been driving me a bit crazy too. A lot of realizations and events have occurred since this was launched, both having to do with this and not having to do with this. Motivations have changed (both regarding TIJ and not), life situations have changed so I can't give you an exact date on the next video. There will be a new video and most likely it will be the video about the topic that sort of drove me down this path which is the cosplay.

I will say that one of the big changes was that there was content we intended to release that we both kind of realized we weren't that passionate about anymore. We're supposed to have a meeting to hash some shit out.

[IMG]
    Zuzu, killacross, UNTZ and 2 others like this.
  14. eddieson cookie

Message Count:

[IMG]
    San Goku likes this.
  15. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    I'm offended. You use THEM?!
  16. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    Oh yeah I did.

[IMG]
    Zuzu likes this.