Allow me to be a bit of a self promoting whore and present my project "This Is Japan" to ya'll

Discussion in 'Movies, Sports, and Music' started by Digital Masta, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    So a concept that I've had in my head for years and have been working on with a collaborator for nearly two years (this video was actually shot in Spring/Summer 2014) is finally coming to fruition.

Long story short, I've always wanted to create video content that actually presented cool and relevant things related to Japan. Not just stupid ass, low quality vlogs about nothing. "This Is Japan" aka TIJ Media is basically that. We have a lot of different kinds of content planned about sports, cosplay, music, art, etc but all related to Japan. And today we just decided to launch the intro video with more stuff coming soon.

I figured I'd share it with you guys and as this grows I'd like to know what you guys think. Plus you all get to see my beautiful face and hear what I actually sound like...a stuffy troll man.

MD, krozar, Ice(v)an and 9 others like this.
  2. Rai Ryuzaki Time to make the chimi f@$% changas!

Message Count:
    This seems really cool DM I'll be interested to see what you come out with in the future.
  3. Thunderbox Those sleepless nights

Message Count:
    Wow DM, that's pretty impressive. Nice choice of background music as well, is that Japanese jazz or just some generic jazz? Do tell.

Also, is this done in your free time or does your job there actually revolve around making video content? In any case, sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to more of those videos.
  4. Mongor Dave, you're my wife now

Message Count:
    You have yourself another sub. Obviously we should support each other but this looks good and I look forward to the future videos. As a side note it's really good to see that living inside some weird blokes mouth doesn't seem to have caused any lasting damage.
  5. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    We have day jobs but the goal is that in the future this will provide us opportunities to make this our full time gig.

I appreciate it. It was a struggle to recover from the mouth ordeal but with time I made it through. :p

I will be sure to keep you all updated.
  6. eddieson cookie

Message Count:
    I heard whore and came right away. :awesome

But seriously, this seems like a nice thing to do. And I look forward to seeing where you take this.
    Digital Masta likes this.
  7. Vicious Blank

Message Count:
    DM you have my full support bud. Pretty damn awesome man.
  8. Cane_The9lives Indubitably.

Message Count:
    WANT.MAOR.NOW!

But seriously, I love this idea. You've been living in japan for a good deal of time now, and as someone who has only ever been once, I'm fascinated to learn as to what extent Japanese cultural sensibilities have blended with your western frame of reference and how they conflict and compliment each other.
  9. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    Thanks for the love guys. A lot of the more opinion based stuff will likely be in the form of podcasts simply because they are easier to produce as audio than video whereas a lot of the video content will be about people doing their thing in Japan.
    Vicious likes this.
  10. Evil Sannin K!ng D!ngal!ng

Message Count:
    just checked out your vid DM...really awesome and I loved the music you had going.
  11. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    Next video is a short one, a quick tour through Kyoto but with a little music provided by a local shamisen player (and DJ).
    https://youtu.be/h_ZzEZkhcAo
    Rai Ryuzaki, UNTZ and killacross like this.
  12. killacross Ninensei

Message Count:
    did you touch her butt??

Also, I would like for you to take a quick 30 seconds to describe the history/culture/life of the city/area youre about to visit...fade to black...then start the video

I think a little context would be awesome...otherwise, what makes your video different than a google search of pictures?
  13. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    My partner who I collaborate with was the main one behind the creation of this video. I don't know Aki and have never met her.

Also, noted. Thanks for the input. Tbh, I am much more of a concrete person and I prefer more context and info. My partner in this is more "about the images and all that" which can be a challenge when creatively trying to figure things out but comments like these help us out because I can say, "See, people want more info."

EDIT: He did like the criticism, though. He wants this kind of constructive criticism.
  14. Rai Ryuzaki Time to make the chimi f@$% changas!

Message Count:
    It was a good video but I would like to hear a bit about what Kyoto means to Japan and any important events that happened there
  15. Thunderbox Those sleepless nights

Message Count:
    I mean, that's stuff you can just look up on the Wikipedia pages.
    I on the other hand, loved your video as is. I love videos who just film what's going on at certain places, like a beach in a small town, one of those little shopping streets with people buzzing around, etc...

Dm, I suggest you watch some videos from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcyb5RJuK2CPla02mOnKm_g
    Maybe you've seen some of his videos already, but I have the feeling you're in the same market as him.
  16. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    He's a bit different from what we're doing. He's more on the vlog style of videos. There is a lot of that on youtube and while we have have some videos that are a bit more like that (basically more like BTS videos on what we're working on) our stuff will be more documentary style. The next video that we will release will be a bit more in the style I'm talking about.

Here's a hint on the topic which is from my translation work for the English subs.
    12072714_1030381297014490_5263422919861624528_n.jpg
  17. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    Latest video. My partner in all this was traveling through the country over summer when he ran into these guys. Managed to make a pretty awesome video out of an accidental encounter. There was a lot more that was filmed but not used as well.

UNTZ, San Goku and Ice(v)an like this.
  18. Rai Ryuzaki Time to make the chimi f@$% changas!

Message Count:
    That was an awesome video! I WISH I could do stuff like that
  19. San Goku Otaku

Message Count:
    I've been lurking for awhile, great job DM. Too bad we couldn't meet up when I was in Iwakuni/Sasemo(sp?).
  20. Digital Masta Peek A Boo

Message Count:
    And we are back and ready for 2016.

This video is about a really good friend of mine, Kitty (her nickname). This was filmed a LONG time ago so she is back in the states now. But she is an amazing pole dancer.

And side note...no, her name isn't some kind of stripper name. Her mother gave her that nickname when she was a child.

UNTZ and San Goku like this.